S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait wait wait, just noticed a new promo pic for model kit phasma, she comes with a cloth cape too??

captain_phasma_04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Man, I haven't seen that photo yet. I've been wondering what the cloth looks like. Digging it. I have both preordered right now, thinking I'll just decide in hand.

Oh, a maskless Kylo with melted Vader head, AND a chrome Phasma? Man, for all their faults, Mafex really do go all out on authenticity.

Edit: You forgot the "In your opinion" part Guff. That to me looks like the robes in the film, cant get much better. Also, hello from a fellow Scot ;) . Im Bellshill myself!

Wow, I just mentioned the possibility of Mafex coming out with their own version of Phasma yesterday and now here we are. Damn, she looks AMAZING. Her height also looks to be really good at 170mm. Kylo looks really good too. The cloth looks really good imo plus that unmasked head AND Vader's helmet :rock

C-3PO and BB-8 look awesome too! I love that they included the lighter :lol

Oh, a maskless Kylo with melted Vader head, AND a chrome Phasma? Man, for all their faults, Mafex really do go all out on authenticity.

Edit: You forgot the "In your opinion" part Guff. That to me looks like the robes in the film, cant get much better.

I'm still not the best supporter on MAFEX bodies and joints although the Vader was leaps over the Spider-man figures, I still prefer the stability in Figuarts :lecture

Although the height on the MAFEX Kylo will be more accurate

Oh yeah, for quality figuarts takes it everytime, but Mafex just keeps nailing the heights and attention to details even figuarts misses.

The tide appears to be changing..

Model kit/Mafex Phasma>SHF. But i can't cancel Phasma because AMI 2 won't let me.:gah: I would have been fine with it if it had the weathering. Guess i'll check it out in hand and sell it if i don't like it.

I'll also be keeping an eye on that Mafex Ren.

Glad I never kitbashed my BS and Figuarts Kylo together, especially since the Mafex looks fill that gap without me needing to ruin two good figures.

Still can't get over how we're finally getting an unmasked head, plus the Vader helmet is a nice touch. :yess:

Mafex details:

2016年11月發售: Action Figure MAFEX Series《Star Wars: EP7 The Force Awakens》C-3PO & BB-8 9,800Yen;
2016年12月發售: Action Figure MAFEX Series《Star Wars: EP7 The Force Awakens》Kylo Ren 5,800Yen;
2016年12月發售: Action Figure MAFEX Series《Star Wars: EP7 The Force Awakens》Captain Phasma 6,800Yen

If Medicom can just improve the tightness of their joints and fix some QC issues, they could become a serious contender amongst the 1/12 figures. So far they've gotten better so I can only imagine how they'll be a couple years from now. All these new figures are looking excellent from the Troopers to these three. Nice to see that we can have a good variety between Figuarts and now Mafex with both lines complimenting each other. Revoltech and BS just aren't in the same league imo.

The tide appears to be changing..

Model kit/Mafex Phasma>SHF. But i can't cancel Phasma because AMI 2 won't let me.:gah: I would have been fine with it if it had the weathering. Guess i'll check it out in hand and sell it if i don't like it.

I'll also be keeping an eye on that Mafex Ren.
I wouldnt got that far man. The model kit fo trooper was quite restricted, of which phasma uses a similar setup, and mafex build quality is still below figuarts. Figuarts phasma will still have the best articulation and overall "fluidity" for posing.

Back