S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mafex has been doing a decent job and if BS gets anything right, it's cloth. Sure it's not perfect but it can add an extra dimension to a figure. While I'm not against all plastic, at least with capes, cloth is almost always better. Clothing that drapes is usually good for cloth but anything besides that can be hit or miss.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

IMG_0380.JPG

I mean, if some people actually prefer hindered articulation with fixed plastic capes, then by all means. to each their own :dunno

Hasnt hindered articulation for me yet, though ill admit mafex vader pulls it off better than BS did, might pick him up. Plus if we had to pick what a company gave us I think plastic is the logical choice because it is far easier to buy fabric and make a cape should you feel the need then to sculpt and mold a piece of plastic. So just for the sake of argument plastic is the better choice in the grand scheme

Last couple of times I went with mandarake they did exactly the same thing, never bought from it since. Shame as I did really like their cheap costs.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
That's why i shipped thru sal registered. Shipping costed like 7 bucks when i bought an sh figuarts figure from them

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk

Lol @ kylo looking at thm in the back there. That 3PO, which one is that? The model kit or something?
Its the model kit! Call it a sneak peak at the next review haha!

Yeah, got him and the r2 bb8 kits cheap on amazon. 3po is a pain to build let me tell you. The chrome flakes when you cut, so needless to say I am now dreading phasma!

Also, on the cloth vs plastic debate, for capes and cloaks its just logical to have cloth if possible. Figuarts Vaders cape is atrocious and Kylos robes dont sit natural, and while the BS figures dont do cloth all that well Mafex has shown that its possible to have cloth sit naturally if stitched correctly.

If hot toys can have cloth look as good as they do so can 1/12 figures.

My opinion is cloth can look both better and worse than plastic. Some cloth looks great. Some turns out looking cheap and awkward. It really depends. Plastic is a nice constant. Although my preference is plastic so that it can possibly be replaced with cloth if it would improve the figure, going from cloth to plastic would be hard.

Last couple of times I went with mandarake they did exactly the same thing, never bought from it since. Shame as I did really like their cheap costs.

You can ask Mandarake to mark a specific value on the shipping papers by politely mentioning it in the comment box on the order form. There are some stores that don't do this however, Grandchaos, Complex and Sawara (SAHRA) specifically.

I look forward to your review on Mafex Vader, it'll probably be what makes me decide either way on buying the figure or not. Also you have the most soothing voice of any reviewer on YouTube :lol

You can ask Mandarake to mark a specific value on the shipping papers by politely mentioning it in the comment box on the order form. There are some stores that don't do this however, Grandchaos, Complex and Sawara (SAHRA) specifically.

I look forward to your review on Mafex Vader, it'll probably be what makes me decide either way on buying the figure or not. Also you have the most soothing voice of any reviewer on YouTube [emoji38]
Thanks for the tip man, and glad you enjoy the vids! Im surprised how many people enjoy listening to this voice, its actually quite a dull voice in Scotland haha!

My S.H. Figuarts Shelf

Figuarts Shelf 01.jpg

I finally got a decent pose for Darth Vader. I replaced the helmet for the alternative head and pulled down legs to make him taller.

Figuarts Vader 01.jpg

Let me show Mafex pics, just for comparison.

Mafex Shelf 01.jpg

I put him a custom cape. I think he looks much better now.

Mafex Vader 01.jpg
Mafex Vader 02.jpg

That's why i shipped thru sal registered. Shipping costed like 7 bucks when i bought an sh figuarts figure from them

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk
Its not the shipping that caused it, it was mandarake actually putting too much value on the package declaration. I could send it by boat and they would still do it unfortunately.

Back