S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I compare the Black Series in Star Wars to the Jakks/Irwin in DBZ. Sure they were good back in the day when that was all there was but now that Figuarts is the in the game, it's a wrap. There's still a handful of decent Black Series out there but it's almost unfair to compare the two. The Figuarts are so vastly superior it makes the BS look like garbage. Like comparing a Ford to a Ferrari lol

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

BS is pretty much only good for army building now if only solely for the cheaper prices. They're also good for filling in gaps but once Tamashii is working hard to make sure they tackle as many characters and variations as possible

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Do you have a mafex vader? How does it stand up against a figuart size wise?

I've got him and he's much better. I've only owned Figuarts, but judging by pics, I think he's the best. I think there were some pics comparing the Vaders somewhere in this thread. I'll see if I can find some.

hqdefault.jpg

Mafex is on the left. Figuarts Vader is the tiniest one across all lines and he's expensive to boot. Also, next to Luke, the Mafex is PERFECT scale.

So riding along the Star Wars craze, I kind of feel like investing in some figuarts but (outside of their DBZ stuff) I'm completely new to this line. Are they generally good figures? How different are they to the black series figures? I hear people say the black series Vader is superior to the figuarts version.

To be honest I don't know how far into the line I'll go but I'm looking to get Kylo and the Storm trooper(s). But since I didn't pre-order I'm not sure if I'll ever get them. Are there any stores that ship to the UK?

IMO, the misses Figuarts had were the Darth Vader and Storm Trooper. Every figure other than them: Luke, Maul, Clone Trooper, Droid, Kylo and First Order aren't just good but superior to bs in terms of sculpt, accuracy, accessories and articulation. You can check FatHotie's post on this thread at #2680 where the Figuarts is compared to the bs Luke Skywalker.

About Vader, go with the Mafex instead of the bs and Figuarts.

I don't know about stores that ship to the UK but usually figuarts reissues their figures on import sites.

nin nin game refusing to answer my emails on my order with these, had Luke/Vader/Maul/Kylo/Phasma all ordered.

Luke/Maul/Kylo in one, Vader and Phasma in another (charged twice for shipping on that one). They're refusing to send until Kylo is in stock. Pretty disgraceful considering I've paid shipping 3 times. Will definitely be disputing with PayPal at some point.

They have Phasma in stock?

Just saw this thing. Holy moly. So many feels!!!! Kylo Ren is the Anakin Skywalker we should have had.

^ agreed!

Just got my clone trooper. I really like it - much better than the stormtrooper.

Also saw the movie today. I want like 10 of the FO troopers.

I've been collecting the black series on and off and while there are some really good figures for the most part SH Figuarts is where it's at imo.

Mafex Vader is pretty stellar. I like him a lot better than the Figuarts version.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The new order troopers are no joke. They're naval seals compared to the old troopers. That trooper with the shock baton was a beast.

I've got him and he's much better. I've only owned Figuarts, but judging by pics, I think he's the best. I think there were some pics comparing the Vaders somewhere in this thread. I'll see if I can find some.

hqdefault.jpg

Mafex is on the left. Figuarts Vader is the tiniest one across all lines and he's expensive to boot. Also, next to Luke, the Mafex is PERFECT scale.

Thanks prodigy. I'm gonna buy him.

Just saw this thing. Holy moly. So many feels!!!! Kylo Ren is the Anakin Skywalker we should have had.

I feel the same way. I'm so glad I bought him. I really wish we got an unmasked head, but this figure already gives us various looks since you can take off the robe. I'm glad you enjoyed the Force Awakens. I loved it! The movie thread has been pretty disheartening! There's so many amazing movies coming out next year, and I now don't care about any of them. I want to see Episode VIII so bad!

I want the Stormtroopers now! They're actually competent! :lol

^ yes they were! And the TIEs were bad ### also.

Unmasked headsculpt for Kylo Ren would be awesome.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The movie was absolutely amazing. Kylo is such a great Villian and Rey is sooo badass! Need a figuarts of her now!

Shock baton!, is that what it's called?
So the Figuarts Riot guy is a Bandai exclusive. That'll cause a lot of mayhem...

Back