S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So would you guys recommend Mafex Vader? I like the SHF Vader and plan on keeping it regardless, but a taller Vader would probably look a little better in my display.

So would you guys recommend Mafex Vader? I like the SHF Vader and plan on keeping it regardless, but a taller Vader would probably look a little better in my display.

Hell yes. The height alone just makes it more worth it than the Figuarts. The cloth cape is a plus too and he has better accessories. I had the Figuarts at first but the height bothered me so much that I sold him. The cape also sucked and made him very back heavy. Of course I kept the preorder bonus but you can easily find that on eBay.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Anyone have pics of Mafex vader next to the SHF releases? I don't collect black series anymore so I'm just looking for comparisons to shf

Hell yes. The height alone just makes it more worth it than the Figuarts. The cloth cape is a plus too and he has better accessories. I had the Figuarts at first but the height bothered me so much that I sold him. The cape also sucked and made him very back heavy. Of course I kept the preorder bonus but you can easily find that on eBay.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Took the words right out of my mouth. I decided last evening after having the SHF Vader for a few days that I wanted to return him (to Amazon) and get the Mafex.

I'm still VERY pleased with my SHF Luke. And I'm liking the Stormtroopers a lot too.

You should be excited my friend - I don't have Vader but I have luke and maul and they are great little figures!

Well it took forever, but I finally got Maul! A+ figure.

22625804579_f2345b4a1b_b.jpg

Looks great:hi5:

Did you get a tunic that had a black inner cloth? Mine had both pieces gray :dunno

I bought the black, grey & brown tunics and cloaks so that I can mix them up for different looks I wanted a post ROTJ (what I think he'd look like) Luke I finished his robotic hand that matches TFA hand and added a belt. I'll post pics when I get off work.

My post was not a spoiler because:

a) It is just a rumor and could be total bullsh#t
b) Even if it is Craig, he's not even a minor character, he won't talk, his actions will have no effect on the story, and you will never see a ducktrooper with his helmet off

The only confirmation will be if JJ, Boyega, or Craig admit it someday in the future.

Damn, I wish that post was spoiler tagged :(

I think I'm coming down from my Star Wars high. Second disappointment in the franchise. The Figuarts shadow troopers barely have any paint apps. Only silver paint on the helmet, nothing else below the neck so it's entirely black. And not even shiny. Just needs a tiny bit more just so it doesn't look like an unpainted kitset model (don't care for weathering). Already didn't like the droopy helmet, but shadow outweighs droopy so I got it.

Spacetrooper incoming and Luke disguise preordered, but after getting swamped with Stormies, almost don't care about these anymore...

[...]The Figuarts shadow troopers barely have any paint apps. Only silver paint on the helmet, nothing else below the neck so it's entirely black. And not even shiny. Just needs a tiny bit more just so it doesn't look like an unpainted kitset model (don't care for weathering). Already didn't like the droopy helmet, but shadow outweighs droopy so I got it.

I actually really like the matte black..all stealthy-like.

Spacetrooper incoming and Luke disguise preordered, but after getting swamped with Stormies, almost don't care about these anymore...

Lotta hype, lotta product, it could easily lead to burn-out. I've pulled back a little and been pacing myself, across all scales and lines. Makes it more fun.

Back