S.H. FiguArts Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, sentai has been going about 10 or so more years than PR.

Its ironic too, that while we loved zeo but hated turbo, it was the opposite in Japan for the same reason.

Bit LONGER than 10 years

the First Series was Himitsu Sentai Gorenger Which ran from 1975-1977
And unless I'm mistaken, There was also that movie with the Evil spiderman, where Captain America and Captian Mexico had to go to *** to stop evil spiderman from taking over the world... or something like that which is what started the "Japanese Spandex Hero" Craze that became sentai.

I still hate the cheap-o suit he always wear's in American footage. The japanese one had a shield that looked badass. But that flimsy thing?

You'd think they'd be able to spruce it up a bit all these years later...

That's an ALL NEW shield just for MEgaforce ( and possibly Dino Thunder, I forget) That is not flimsy. it's actuly a bit better than the original japanese one. For the record, Im pretty sure the one he wore in the american footage WAS THE SAME ONE in the japanese footage, it just had been worn out with age.

Like I said, I havent watched sentai, so I didnt know how long.

The shield used in the 90s isnt the same as zyurangers; the original american one was just fabric that didnt even look the same, while the japanese was plastic I believe. The new one looks like foam, and still doesnt look as good as the zyuranger one, but is close enough.

Heres all the versions of him.

GreenRanger.jpg

Green%20Ranger%20with%20Sword.jpg

1342613-671255_mmpr___green_ranger_4_super.jpg

Original japanese one WASN'T Plastic. It's foam, possibly latex coated. there are some scenes where we see it flex in ways hard plastic can't but they're hard to spot.

YOu're right about the american one. WOW I didn't remember it being THAT bad.

New one looks pretty good, but yeah, original japanese does look pretty much the best.

Hmm, you may be right about the latex coating, could explain why it looked plastic.

One thing bothering me is this pic of armored red in gokaiger; as you can see, the shield is definitely either plastic or cardboard with fabric glued to it, but every other time he is shown, its the foam again. Is it just for pictures? Also, red has helmet clasps, which arent present in sentai usually.

Or am I missing it entirely and this is just cosplayers? If so they are so good I didnt notice the difference apart from the shield lol

hqdefault.jpg

Hmm, you may be right about the latex coating, could explain why it looked plastic.

One thing bothering me is this pic of armored red in gokaiger; as you can see, the shield is definitely either plastic or cardboard with fabric glued to it, but every other time he is shown, its the foam again. Is it just for pictures? Also, red has helmet clasps, which arent present in sentai usually.

Or am I missing it entirely and this is just cosplayers? If so they are so good I didnt notice the difference apart from the shield lol

hqdefault.jpg

The Lack of muscle definition on Armoered red's arm there and the helmet clasps make me think it's Cosplay.

Also, the shape of the Armor at the neck is missing the concave from the original japanese version. it's also considerably thinner.

Yeah, the MORE I look at that, the MORE I think it's Cosplay.

Yeah, thought as much; its a bad day when cosplayers do a better job of the shield than saban do :lol

Man, that sword looks so real! I guess thats how sentai made their weapons look so real too?

Nothing wrong with keeping the thread alive while we wait for news is there? No point sitting saying nothing, because more than likely we wont have info at least until pink is out.

It's possible.

The alternative is what are called "stage blades" which are real metal swords made out of THICK aluminum ( usualy reinforced with a meatl rod) or spring steel, with no cutting edge and blunted tips.

Those weapons on that page are made for Boffer "LARP" ( Live Action Role Playing) Games.

Wherein people dress up in costumes, and sped a weekend camping in the woods, pretending to be heroes, elves, monsters, wizards, and etc, beating the crap out of each other with them.
Ok, it'smore like playing tag with nerf weapons and bean bags ( for spells, and/or acid/chemical bombs) but still.
larp-2.jpg

0da045ef7bba6ed599838cb1144b3c0d.jpg
ddf2ff4ba12fa265a8dde94ca19c42e2.jpg
tumblr_mn5vk5u0ZE1reohnuo1_400.jpg
Drachenfest-2010-Orcs-larp-28747792-1000-666.jpg
charge_by_kp108-d3c3fo9.jpg
ZNS_by_Sharpener.jpg
ElvenArmy.jpg
supernatural-larp-and-the-real-girl-still_1.jpeg
149066_10151532763459670_1994455046_n.jpg

Lot of fun, that.

Every weapon in those images is a Boffer/ Foam weapon. some are liquid latex, some are the more simple variety.

This forum thread has turned into a cosplay fest...is there any actual SH Figuarts news on the horizon??

Pink is out next, Followed By black, with Yellow ( Female for USA, Male in japan) and blue confirmed to follow.
Power blaster will be broken into three parts, each part coming 1 with each of yellow, black, and blue.

Zed is sometime next year, MIGHT be a Zero ( BLeah) might be a regular.

Back to cosplay.

Speaking of yellow, I feel as if I need both, since technically the first and part of the second season had the male suit actor, so im attached to both lol.

Nothing new, they and bandai have been at that for months. The placs that get talked about on their official facebook page the most effect the priority order.

Post there, and push for it.
and get all other uk fans you know to do the same.

amazon Canada and the South american variants were in negotiation last I heard anything.

Heres all the versions of him.

GreenRanger.jpg

Green%20Ranger%20with%20Sword.jpg

1342613-671255_mmpr___green_ranger_4_super.jpg

Thanks for posting. The Japanese one is still the best after all these years.

The new one isn't as awful as the American one in the 90's, but still think they can do much better in this day and age. They had the foam one in the "spirit" scene in Dino Thunder when Tommy is in a coma and it looks like something I'd buy at Party City honestly.

Biggest problem with the Newest one, as far as i can tell, is the neck opening. it looks... sloppy.

The old, japanese one looks like it's a solid piece that slips over the actors head BEFORE they put on his helmet. the latest american one looks like it kinda opens, and clasps behind the chest diamond, on the right-hand ( the actor's left) side.

Back