S.H. FiguArts Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not that I don't want more, I'm greedy too, haha. I just don't let it bother me too much. I find most of the time I have way too many parts and display options. It seems like they are made more for photographing or people who really like to change up their displays often. I'm more of a set it and be done for the most part. It's still really cool to get a lot of extra stuff though. My favorite is when you get multiple head sculpts, but you don't see that with Super Sentai of course. lol.

What about armored red though? He doesnt have the lack of weapons issues, so we really dont know what characters come with past pink.

Imo you are all scared over nothing, we do t know what black, blue or yellow come with at all yet.

Um... yes Armored Red DOES have a lack of weapons seeing as he doesn't come with the Blade Blaster in blade or blaster mode, nor the Thunder Slinger. That's a case in which I can overlook it because it's a variant of a character who already included those accessories, and he doesn't really need any of those things in that form, but seeing as Pink and Black won't come with them either it's clearly a taste of things to come. And yes, we DO know what Black comes with because his contents are listed on Bandai Japan's website. So unless people speak up and they add them in last minute, he'll have the same missing accessories as Pink, and Blue and Yellow will likely follow suit.

I don't see the big deal. Yes, a few more option hand parts would have been nice, but I don't see the reason to get so upset.

I don't believe a single prior ranger has come with fewer than 6 alternate hands, so to suddenly cut that number down to 2 when there are clearly things missing is a huge step backwards. He can't even do his role call pose without borrowing from another figure, and it will look like crap because they won't match the rest of his paint job. I consider that unacceptable. Bandai set their own bar, and they failed to live up to those expectations with this release.

cwvBG7x.jpg

For the most part they come with everything they need.

But they don't. Pink, Black, Blue, and Yellow absolutely need to have their side arm in its blade and blaster mode. To only include it in its holstered form for anyone other than Red is a joke.

Plus they are imported.

Just because figuarts used to be a Japan only thing doesn't make these imports. Yes they are made in a foreign country, but so is every other toy. Though even if they were what difference would it make?

I think some of us have just become so used to getting spoiled in this line that the true value of the figures has been lost. The dragonball line has only just started getting accessories, but they were fine before it happened.

You're wrong. The first release was Piccolo, and he comes with a fantastic array of accessories. Gohan does as well. The only figure of the original three who had lackluster accessories was Goku. After the original three, the line went into limbo before reemerging geared towards the US market. The first release was Vegeta, who was only slightly better than Goku accessory wise, but every figure since has either met or exceeded the bar originally set by Piccolo.

It's not a matter of being spoiled, as I mentioned above Bandai set their own bar, and when a figure comes up significantly short of that bar people are going to feel short changed.

We also forget that these are the most accurate depictions of the power rangers we will likely ever see; would you rather go back to paying the same amount for those crappy BOA muscle freaks they keep making? I doubt it. That alone makes these figures worth their price.

Nobody is forgetting anything, but when for the same price I used to get significantly more I'm not going to feel as if I'm getting my money's worth. Bandai should not get a pass and be allowed to skimp as much as they want just because they're the most accurate figures on the market.

No offense meant man, we have very different opinions in this situation, and I don't want to get into an argument. Especially a heated one. I see the validity in your points, I'm just going to drop it. If you want to keep going with it, that's cool. It's not a perfect situation, but I'm happy with the figures personally.

Im with sci; valid points but it just doesnt matter to me that much. The blaster was hardly used past season one anyway so its not like they are essential. Anyway, ill say no more on it, im happy with the figures.

The blaster was hardly used past season one anyway so its not like they are essential.

Neither were their individual weapons, so then it's okay if the remaining Rangers stop coming with those as well? Where is it okay to draw the line? As I said before, once they start cutting corners and getting away with it it's a slippery slope. Why would anyone sit there and remain complacent when speaking up could save future releases from this kind of thing? Why make numerous posts telling me how unimportant the things they're cutting out are instead of telling them they shouldn't be cutting things out in the first place? They DO listen if enough people speak up, hence the female Yellow Ranger, the Lord Zedd in development, the possible SRC Dragonzord, etc.

As I said, I will say no more on the matter, I dont plan to pose them with the blasters anyway, to me reds is too small.

I never disagreed with you about the lack of accessories, but im not annoyed at it that im going to go and complain. Complaints need to be structured and mature, simply ranting to tamashii will get you nowhere. If someone makes a thread to put names into then I will happily do it, but im not going ranting to them.

Its obvious we arent going to change each others minds so its best to just leave it. I honestly dont think its an important part, but thats my opinion.

Again, im saying no more on it.

Last edited:
Neither were their individual weapons, so then it's okay if the remaining Rangers stop coming with those as well? Where is it okay to draw the line? As I said before, once they start cutting corners and getting away with it it's a slippery slope. Why would anyone sit there and remain complacent when speaking up could save future releases from this kind of thing? Why make numerous posts telling me how unimportant the things they're cutting out are instead of telling them they shouldn't be cutting things out in the first place? They DO listen if enough people speak up, hence the female Yellow Ranger, the Lord Zedd in development, the possible SRC Dragonzord, etc.

Im late to the discussion, but what are you referring to when you say they arent coming with weapons? pink in package has her blaster with the white attachment shown... I dont think they would release the combined weapon with out the other two single pieces...

Edit: are you loosejoint over on fwoosh?

Last edited:
Have any Canadians received a White ranger from Amazon? Not sure how available these have become yet but I see a few people have received theirs. I pre-ordered white and pink from Amazon.ca to get the free shipping... hope I don't have to wait too long!

Well, I got into this **** real quick. :lol

A few weeks ago I was just looking around at Toys R Us. I never go past the Power Rangers section but the store changed their set up around for the new season and the section was right next to the Batman and NECA stuff.

I ended up seeing this thing,

dsc03319-2.jpg

That brought back a ton of memories. I was getting a little too old for Power Rangers in the early 90s and only really got into the first season. That was the only time I was a fan. I quit digging the show around the beginning of Season 2 (before Jason, Zach and Trini got replaced I guess?). I never even really knew about the "White Ranger" or any of the movie stuff at that point, I had moved on after that first year.

But seeing that thing got me into nostalgic mode. I had the original power morpher and blaster along with the Red, Green and Black auto morphin figures and a few of the 12" action feature ones. I had a Lord Zedd and some Bee monster too. Some of that stuff might still be at my parents house beat up in a box some where. I'm pretty sure the blaster and a few of the coins survived.

I ended up buying that Legacy Morpher for memories alone. Then I went online seeing what other goodies there were and found myself buying these S.H. FiguArts Jason and Tommy figures. I think they just came in yesterday. I'm pretty excited, I haven't bought a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger for 20 years. Depending on how good these two are, I'd be open to buying Zach next and completing what I had as a kid. I never got Billy or the two other girls, so I doubt I'd be compelled to complete the set. The Armored Jason figure is tempting though, I remember taking the gold armor from the Green Automorphin and putting it on Jason and Zach.

Have any Canadians received a White ranger from Amazon? Not sure how available these have become yet but I see a few people have received theirs. I pre-ordered white and pink from Amazon.ca to get the free shipping... hope I don't have to wait too long!

Not from Amazon but my LCS got them in, picked up 2! expensive but worth it

For those of you who missed the video in the other thread, you need to go watch it.

Also nice to hear an official bandia mouthpiece come out and flat out SAY thatthe ONLY REASON WE'RE GETTING the FULL MMPR team is the CRAZY amercan popularity of them.

As well as the American demand being the driving force behind Mega man, and Dragon Ball too :D

For those of you who missed the video in the other thread, you need to go watch it.

Also nice to hear an official bandia mouthpiece come out and flat out SAY thatthe ONLY REASON WE'RE GETTING the FULL MMPR team is the CRAZY amercan popularity of them.

As well as the American demand being the driving force behind Mega man, and Dragon Ball too :D

What thread is this video in lerath?

As I said, I will say no more on the matter, I dont plan to pose them with the blasters anyway, to me reds is too small.

I never disagreed with you about the lack of accessories, but im not annoyed at it that im going to go and complain. Complaints need to be structured and mature, simply ranting to tamashii will get you nowhere. If someone makes a thread to put names into then I will happily do it, but im not going ranting to them.

Its obvious we arent going to change each others minds so its best to just leave it. I honestly dont think its an important part, but thats my opinion.

Again, im saying no more on it.

What is wrong with telling Bluefin via their twitter or facebook that you're not happy with the cutbacks? How is that ranting? How is that not structured or mature? They're constantly asking for feedback via those avenues. They pay attention to what people are saying, to what they like or dislike, and relay that to Bandai. They just recently told people that Zedd is in development, and how it's up to them to speak up if they want to see him get released. Are you gonna tell me the facebook/twitter community is important enough to determine if a US exclusive figure sees release, but not important enough to get Bandai to stop skimping on 2 cent accessories?

It doesn't matter to you because you didn't plan on using them, so you deem them unimportant, but what if it was something you did deem important? Where is it okay to draw that line? How is it determined what is and isn't essential? You're missing the entire point of the issue. These figures used to come with everything, and now we're taking big steps backwards. Tell me again how you'll say no more on the matter though, while then going on to say more on the matter. All that really translates to is you being stubborn and not wanting to acknowledge valid points.

Package from BBTS arrived today. Exactly one week after the White Ranger arrives at my door, the Armored Red Ranger makes his appearance.

4BD454FE-4300-4E4D-B371-33838A819DBA-8627-0000074B3FB521BE_zpsfac29f89.jpg

Here's the whole group thus far...

6A728678-8E2A-4DDD-A8C4-358AA31268A9-8627-0000074B3727B53A_zps70e06262.jpg

What is wrong with telling Bluefin via their twitter or facebook that you're not happy with the cutbacks? How is that ranting? How is that not structured or mature? They're constantly asking for feedback via those avenues. They pay attention to what people are saying, to what they like or dislike, and relay that to Bandai. They just recently told people that Zedd is in development, and how it's up to them to speak up if they want to see him get released. Are you gonna tell me the facebook/twitter community is important enough to determine if a US exclusive figure sees release, but not important enough to get Bandai to stop skimping on 2 cent accessories?

It doesn't matter to you because you didn't plan on using them, so you deem them unimportant, but what if it was something you did deem important? Where is it okay to draw that line? How is it determined what is and isn't essential? You're missing the entire point of the issue. These figures used to come with everything, and now we're taking big steps backwards. Tell me again how you'll say no more on the matter though, while then going on to say more on the matter. All that really translates to is you being stubborn and not wanting to acknowledge valid points.

Jesus Christ dude the man doesn't have the energy to sit on here and argue over action figure accessories with you. You have valid points (if I wanted to bother myself with this quest that you're on), but those points are meaningless when trying to argue against somebody who simply does not care enough to argue.

Package from BBTS arrived today. Exactly one week after the White Ranger arrives at my door, the Armored Red Ranger makes his appearance.

4BD454FE-4300-4E4D-B371-33838A819DBA-8627-0000074B3FB521BE_zpsfac29f89.jpg

Here's the whole group thus far...

6A728678-8E2A-4DDD-A8C4-358AA31268A9-8627-0000074B3727B53A_zps70e06262.jpg

Keeping them boxed up??? :panic:

Could White Ranger have come with more accessories? Sure.

Do I really care that he didn't? Not really.

I'm just extremely happy that in 2013 I am able to buy such amazing figures. So much better than those crappy basic things that were a part of the 2010 main line.

Back