S.H.Figuarts Marvel MCU General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly forgot that hulk was supposed to be from AoU because it is so stylized.

Civil War Cap arrived today. He is full of win and best of all the alternative unmasked head and neck post fit on the AOU Cap. Printed faces for both my Caps - I like this line too much! Apologies for the awful phone photo.
View attachment 269106

I'm having a hard time trying to remove the neck from the torso on my AoU cap. The head keeps popping out first and there's not a lot of area to grab the neck to pull it. Wondering if you ran in to this problem too.

Yes it was quite tough to get the neck post out. After removing it I compared the AoU neck post with the civil war neck post to see why and there are some subtle differences between the two. Whilst they both join to their respective bodies with exactly the same sized connecting peg the AoU neck post 'hugs' the peg a lot tighter and deeper than the civil war one as it wasn't designed for for an easy removal. At first I tried removing it as gently as possible afraid to damage the figure but after no success I eventually just crossed my fingers and committed to it. First I popped the head off to get it out of the way and heated up the neck area briefly with a hair drier and gripped the neck post with a pair of pliers and gradually applied more and more pressure until it popped off. The civil war neck post connected perfectly to the AoU body much to my relief.

Yes it was quite tough to get the neck post out. After removing it I compared the AoU neck post with the civil war neck post to see why and there are some subtle differences between the two. Whilst they both join to their respective bodies with exactly the same sized connecting peg the AoU neck post 'hugs' the peg a lot tighter and deeper than the civil war one as it wasn't designed for for an easy removal. At first I tried removing it as gently as possible afraid to damage the figure but after no success I eventually just crossed my fingers and committed to it. First I popped the head off to get it out of the way and heated up the neck area briefly with a hair drier and gripped the neck post with a pair of pliers and gradually applied more and more pressure until it popped off. The civil war neck post connected perfectly to the AoU body much to my relief.

Thanks! I'll try the blow dryer. The pliers are a bit worrisome as that could definitely cause scratches. It's amazing that bandai can seemingly engineer these things to be tight/loose depending on how it needs to be used. The connection of the neck to the torso on the AoU cap is tight with the neck/head connection loose for easy removal but it's the complete opposite for CW cap.

I was in so awe of this figure that i didn't noticed that i lost the elbow pad of its right arm :( I noticed it while i was editing the video.

Civil War Cap arrived today. He is full of win and best of all the alternative unmasked head and neck post fit on the AOU Cap. Printed faces for both my Caps - I like this line too much! Apologies for the awful phone photo.
View attachment 269106

That's why I'm tempted to go for the CW version, eventhough I have the AOU figure, I saw a Youtuber able to pull off the head of the CW version and put it on the AOU version. Which means if we want Cap yelling on the CW version it is possible, all you have to do is take the AOU head and put it on the CW body :yess:

I was in so awe of this figure that i didn't noticed that i lost the elbow pad of its right arm :( I noticed it while i was editing the video.

UGH. I'm really tempted to get the AoU Cap and give the CW un-helmeted head to him. I really like the costume.

Is there any difference between the single releases of Civil War Cap and Ironman and the exclusive two pack other than the box?

Each goes for about $75 but two pack is about $200 so can't seem to understand that logic unless the two pack has extra something I'm not seeing.

Is there any difference between the single releases of Civil War Cap and Ironman and the exclusive two pack other than the box?

Each goes for about $75 but two pack is about $200 so can't seem to understand that logic unless the two pack has extra something I'm not seeing.

No. Apparently from what I've read and heard, Cap and Iron Man are still in their individual packs (that we've already seen with Cap) that are packed together in ANOTHER unique box and there might be an exclusive comic included as well. Haven't heard any word on any exclusive accessories or items for the figures.

No. Apparently from what I've read and heard, Cap and Iron Man are still in their individual packs (that we've already seen with Cap) that are packed together in ANOTHER unique box and there might be an exclusive comic included as well. Haven't heard any word on any exclusive accessories or items for the figures.

Thanks! An easy pass for me then. Just gonna stick with single releases.

Ordered both Civil War Cap and Iron Man because HT Hulkbuster just got delayed...had to console myself somehow ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revo Deadpool is designed by Katsuhisa Yamaguchi. So if you liked their recent Ultron, you know what to expect from this Deadpool.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

There's a learning curve on Revo joints. They can be finicky. If you twist the wrong way they're designed to pop harmlessly apart, but can break.

I used to have several Revoltech releases and I've only ever broken one joint.

They don't feel as solid as SHF and they're not smooth (clicky ratchets) but generally, Revoltech figures are unmatched for extreme action poses.

Maximum Effort, if you will.

While I prefer the build quality of SHF these days, I intend to pick up Revoltech Deadpool and will be all over Spidey and Carnage if they look as good as Deadpool does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

October $65

Are there any issues with Revo? Cracking or loose joints?

Summary:

Do play with toys to have fun: Revoltech
Looking cool in display: SHF

:lol I still have the very first Revoltech and it's still solid as ever, but the joints on the original ones have weird slit joints. But yeah, the Revoltech joints holds up just fine, I played the hell outta them and didn't break any yet.

But they do sell replacement ones.

Back