S.H.Figuarts Marvel MCU General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm utterly confused as to how Bandai underestimated demand for these figures -- even within their own market. Do they not have access to sales data for how quickly these things sold out last year, and how quickly they shot up in price on the secondary market?

Well technically we're the problem, foreigners buying the Japa stock because we have none for North America, Maybe the licensing will change in 2020 but we arent helping ourselves. Boards like this help new collectors figure out how easy importing is, and tons of new buyers flock.

Also no other company has merchandise available for most of the key characters, especially this early, hell Hasbro only just announced Cap a few days ago. So I guess its just a super high demand

I'm utterly confused as to how Bandai underestimated demand for these figures -- even within their own market. Do they not have access to sales data for how quickly these things sold out last year, and how quickly they shot up in price on the secondary market?

They don't care. They have plenty of lines and products to make and sell. They probably set a number that the factory can cope with and move on to other releases.

I found these figures last year and fell for them quite a lot! The likeness is great for such a tiny size, and they are nicely poseable. I have already bought more than planned first, and I feel really tempted for the Ant-Man too, as he looks so sweet!

Here some of my pics of them. So fun to photograph! :)

Avengers on ice
47945947863_1dd23d44c0_z.jpg

47945932758_6e593222f4_z.jpg

47945953421_ab1da23d67_z.jpg

Past and future Nat
47945849968_cd0d094c7f_z.jpg

Nat on the edge
47945705198_4e9583edf3_z.jpg

Sunset romances...

47945852973_a9107e5888_z.jpg

47945872886_86754c0712_z.jpg

47945852548_d8f96e7209_z.jpg

This one is my favourite.
47945842002_9ce16b3e7f_z.jpg

Well technically we're the problem, foreigners buying the Japa stock because we have none for North America, Maybe the licensing will change in 2020 but we arent helping ourselves. Boards like this help new collectors figure out how easy importing is, and tons of new buyers flock.

Also no other company has merchandise available for most of the key characters, especially this early, hell Hasbro only just announced Cap a few days ago. So I guess its just a super high demand

Also - Hasbro has the "Master" Marvel and Star Wars license for the USA which essentially prohibits Bandai from selling their Figuarts here for anything "less" than the Adult Collectible price of ~$80. That's why with some of the last Marvel Figuarts, you saw them paired with a Tamashii Effect piece like the rocks, explosions, flames, etc. I honestly don't think these sets sold as well as vendors were expecting (some sets are still easy to find) so who knows if they'll do these sets again. Stores still have stock of IW Cap, IW Bucky, Homecoming Spidey in his Tech Suit & Homemade Suit, GotG v2 Starlord, etc. No one wants to pay $80-$100 for the sets and now a lot of them are discounted.

To be honest, I think Bandai usually ends up having a decent stock...they just try to cut down on initial orders because their damn release windows are so tight.

Got Endgame Cap and Ronin this morning. I wasn’t the biggest fan of Cap at first but he’s grown on me. The alternate head is definitely kinda useless but the solution is to just battle damage it up, and I like it a lot more now, even if it doesn’t match the neck. Ronin is a nice figure but I feel like they could have thrown in more weapons.
aba11a99b78d5b2ee93d48268cb2cf38.jpg

f108e1922f92f2af98fb5628cfef9e7b.jpg

a805dacafc9dc7fca91042e8ceccce12.jpg

15b253e443606773ff742ba75ceb1f4c.jpg

b2d86a08e1ebe48ba07bf0a4a4a0cc9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got Endgame Cap and Ronin this morning. I wasn’t the biggest fan of Cap at first but he’s grown on me. The alternate head is definitely kinda useless but the solution is to just battle damage it up, and I like it a lot more now, even if it doesn’t match the neck. Ronin is a nice figure but I feel like they could have thrown in more weapons.
aba11a99b78d5b2ee93d48268cb2cf38.jpg

f108e1922f92f2af98fb5628cfef9e7b.jpg

a805dacafc9dc7fca91042e8ceccce12.jpg

15b253e443606773ff742ba75ceb1f4c.jpg

b2d86a08e1ebe48ba07bf0a4a4a0cc9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cap is coming tomorrow..you know the other Cap Figuarts heads are capable to this EG version.

I’ve only seen these 2 so far:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxeAzgBllQ8/?igshid=cd3sttuayy0l

https://www.facebook.com/1683323385296558/posts/2005132286448998?sfns=mo

==========================
Please checkout my toy photography on Instagram: @chodenjipop
The Instagram account is gone, hope no one ordered from them:dunno
I found these that are a cheap sword option. Not 100% accurate but better than what SHF gave us. They are 15cm long so pretty close to size. The logo will have to sanded off. For about $3.00, it might be useful.:)

Avengers-4-Endgame-Keychain-Thanos-Double-edged-Sword-Blade.jpg

Pretty disappointing, that's based on concept art from what I've seen. I don't even remember him in that outfit from the movie since it's not the quantum suit either. No gauntlet, same head w/ diff eyes. Not getting it.

As an aside, has Bluefin slowed on importing these? I'm pretty sure they did some preorders for the Mk85 and Thanos, but none of the other figures warrants a US release? I never preordered Captain Marvel since I assumed they'd do something for her but nothing so far.

Pretty disappointing, that's based on concept art from what I've seen. I don't even remember him in that outfit from the movie since it's not the quantum suit either. No gauntlet, same head w/ diff eyes. Not getting it.

As an aside, has Bluefin slowed on importing these? I'm pretty sure they did some preorders for the Mk85 and Thanos, but none of the other figures warrants a US release? I never preordered Captain Marvel since I assumed they'd do something for her but nothing so far.

I never saw anything from Bluefin for endgame, but I could have missed it.

Bluefin only did the Mk 50 set 2 and Thanos so far, I think the pairing of accessories has killed the viability, a lot of the endgame stuff is still sitting dead at most retailers. I wish they could do 2 packs to satisfy the over $80 thing and get us more characters over here, id happily pony up

and Blufin is owned by Bandai now too so im sure they want to get stock over here, just some legalities in the way

Bluefin only did the Mk 50 set 2 and Thanos so far, I think the pairing of accessories has killed the viability, a lot of the endgame stuff is still sitting dead at most retailers. I wish they could do 2 packs to satisfy the over $80 thing and get us more characters over here, id happily pony up

and Blufin is owned by Bandai now too so im sure they want to get stock over here, just some legalities in the way

This...and I think you mean the Infinity War stuff, right? A lot of retailers are sitting on stock that they can't sell, even some old Homecoming and Guardians vol 2 sets. I think they've given up on distributing the figure + accessory sets.

Thanos I believe is getting a US release. He'll be around $95 MSRP. Probably got to wait another month or two before he comes out.

Mark 85 isn't getting a US release.

Unless Bluefin/Bandai changes their mind...any pre-orders you see on US-based online stores are obtaining the Japanese versions from some distributor.

By the way - anyone have any experience with Play-Asia.com before? They sent me an e-mail claiming they were going to cancel my Captain America Figuarts order but then they still charged me a few days later anyways. I've emailed them to get a refund.

This...and I think you mean the Infinity War stuff, right? A lot of retailers are sitting on stock that they can't sell, even some old Homecoming and Guardians vol 2 sets. I think they've given up on distributing the figure + accessory sets.

Thanos I believe is getting a US release. He'll be around $95 MSRP. Probably got to wait another month or two before he comes out.

Mark 85 isn't getting a US release.

Unless Bluefin/Bandai changes their mind...any pre-orders you see on US-based online stores are obtaining the Japanese versions from some distributor.

By the way - anyone have any experience with Play-Asia.com before? They sent me an e-mail claiming they were going to cancel my Captain America Figuarts order but then they still charged me a few days later anyways. I've emailed them to get a refund.

Yes Infinity war stuff

Bandai has had a habit of jumping the gun and designing their figures based on the concept art to time them with the movie release. I know this is fairly common of most toy companies, but these are ~$40-$100 "adult collectible" figures. Bandai's manufacturing costs are much more than a Hasbro Marvel Legends so when these "concept design" figures don't align with the movie...and then don't sell...they have no one to blame but themselves.

They really should've redone this Hulk mold... they've had plenty of time.

I'm thinking of just skipping endgame hulk. I'm pretty happy with the infinity war version. Unless they add a head sculpt with glasses and that mark ruffalo grin.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Back