S.H.Figuarts Marvel MCU General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The front flap of the skirt is also wrong too, it should be in three sections like the back and on the Hot Toys figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like they just installed it wrong and the back should’ve been on the front. I just removed mine and switched it around. No easy fix for the sword and the left arm although I’ve seen some customizers already starting work on replacements.

==========================
Please checkout my toy photography on Instagram: @chodenjipop

The thing though is that Figuarts Produced their fig and had it ready to go for a quick release, so even if they got updated files it may have been too late to change, where as HT's could just 3D print the updated one for quick pics cause they have a year or more to make it

I guess it seems like an odd design of a sword in the first place for his armor. It looks like it's trying to be a cyber sword or something, I'd half think it was a generic placeholder they forgot to replace when sending the design over.

I see some third parties about to sell the correct double blade for Thanos so that's an option.

At least this is fixable easily unlike mk 4 war machine where the digi camo was not painted on the figuarts.

I see some third parties about to sell the correct double blade for Thanos so that's an option.

At least this is fixable easily unlike mk 4 war machine where the digi camo was not painted on the figuarts.

And where are these third party sword makers? :wink1: I have my Thanos on order from BBTS because I missed it at the Japanese sellers because they dropped without warning. :slap
Do they also offer a non-Infinity Gauntlet left hand since he didn't wear that in the film either?

And where are these third party sword makers? :wink1: I have my Thanos on order from BBTS because I missed it at the Japanese sellers because they dropped without warning. :slap
Do they also offer a non-Infinity Gauntlet left hand since he didn't wear that in the film either?

I’ve only seen these 2 so far:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxeAzgBllQ8/?igshid=cd3sttuayy0l

https://www.facebook.com/1683323385296558/posts/2005132286448998?sfns=mo

==========================
Please checkout my toy photography on Instagram: @chodenjipop

You guys were able to tell the details on Thano’s weapon in the battle ..That scene was too dark of a background and the camera was moving too fast :horror

You guys were able to tell the details on Thano’s weapon in the battle ..That scene was too dark of a background and the camera was moving too fast :horror

If I recall correctly, Thanos stuck the weapon in the ground and sat waiting for the Avengers. While it was in the ground it was very easy to see the design of the weapon. Of course the design of the weapon makes no sense, if it were a two handed weapon it would make more sense. How he spun it in a circle with one hand makes no sense either.

If I recall correctly, Thanos stuck the weapon in the ground and sat waiting for the Avengers. While it was in the ground it was very easy to see the design of the weapon. Of course the design of the weapon makes no sense, if it were a two handed weapon it would make more sense. How he spun it in a circle with one hand makes no sense either.

Lol if we want to start holding these movies to the standard of “what makes sense” we are going to end up being one unhappy bunch of people. I totally get your point though.

We reviewed the figure on the Dorklair Podcast (shameless plug) so I looked at the sword for several minutes by itself. When I went to see the movie I realized the second time I realized how totally different it was.

Takara Tony

IMG_3195.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still unsure how I'm going to display my SHF Infinity War figs and the Endgame figs together... Will cross that bridge when I get there. Endgame SHF release feels like an eternity.

The fact that Thanos has the Infinity Gauntlet with all the stones in every single figure release (Including the $12.99 Hasbro figs) makes it a very widespread inaccuracy as far as what is seen on film. So, in my mind, there isn't a way around it if you want a stock Thanos figure. The custom parts are great BUT cost nearly half the price of the whole figure that was expensive to begin with, for just a forearm and better weapon. It's great that there are customizers that are making these parts for SHF, but the HT and ML people are probably shafted.

The fact that Thanos has the Infinity Gauntlet with all the stones in every single figure release (Including the $12.99 Hasbro figs) makes it a very widespread inaccuracy as far as what is seen on film. So, in my mind, there isn't a way around it if you want a stock Thanos figure. The custom parts are great BUT cost nearly half the price of the whole figure that was expensive to begin with, for just a forearm and better weapon. It's great that there are customizers that are making these parts for SHF, but the HT and ML people are probably shafted.

yeah, at least with the HT sixth and/or quarter scale have about a year to correct and revise their design... but not the small guys. although, mafex is usually late to the party so they might get theirs right if they decide to, just like their iron spidey. still waiting for that damn thing...

I was intrigued on getting Captain Marvel, because I liked her in the films, however based on reviews I do not like the proportion of her upper torso/shoulders/chest as I think it's a bit small. I'm content with the Legends version but can't wait for the Mezco and HT versions to release.

EG Cap should arrive for me in the next couple of days

Can’t wait considering the only other Figuarts Cap I have is AOU

Decided to skip CW and IW :lecture

Just an FYI, The Endgame Cap, Thanos, and Iron Man Mark 50 have all seemingly sold out before hitting shelves here in Japan. If you want one, don’t wait on it.

Just an FYI, The Endgame Cap, Thanos, and Iron Man Mark 50 have all seemingly sold out before hitting shelves here in Japan. If you want one, don’t wait on it.

Not surprising given the online pre order price jumps, probably lots of people who wouldnt normally collect heading out to make some money. I pre ordered the 85 at about $50 a piece and now theyre going for $130-$150 before the thing is even out, its insanity

I'm utterly confused as to how Bandai underestimated demand for these figures -- even within their own market. Do they not have access to sales data for how quickly these things sold out last year, and how quickly they shot up in price on the secondary market?

Back