S.H.Figuarts Marvel MCU General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Doctor Strange yesterday from CDJapan.

I think it's a pretty good figure. Sculpt, paint and articulation are good as usual but I must say, the magic effects are awesome. Simple but they look fantastic on the figure. Totally recommend getting this!

S.H. Figuarts Doctor Strange and Padme (1) by allen lamb, on Flickr
S.H. Figuarts Doctor Strange and Padme (2) by allen lamb, on Flickr
S.H. Figuarts Doctor Strange (2) by allen lamb, on Flickr
S.H. Figuarts Doctor Strange (3) by allen lamb, on Flickr
S.H. Figuarts Doctor Strange (4) by allen lamb, on Flickr
S.H. Figuarts Doctor Strange (5) by allen lamb, on Flickr
S.H. Figuarts Doctor Strange (6) by allen lamb, on Flickr
S.H. Figuarts Doctor Strange (7) by allen lamb, on Flickr

So is everyone happy with the dr strange printed spell effects, or is there still a want for stuff like this? I'm planning orange, a 3 piece time spell green set, as well as some purple or red ones for a kaecilius. They're similar to the hot toys ones.

Note that they're not finished yet, detail is going to get cleaned up and sharpened
fcd84b3e4134c49bc18fa07e6d502a8f.jpg

So is everyone happy with the dr strange printed spell effects, or is there still a want for stuff like this? I'm planning orange, a 3 piece time spell green set, as well as some purple or red ones for a kaecilius. They're similar to the hot toys ones.

Note that they're not finished yet, detail is going to get cleaned up and sharpened
fcd84b3e4134c49bc18fa07e6d502a8f.jpg

Those are very cool! Would they mount the same as the ones that come with the figure.

I'm also really stoked on Strange. He turned out awesome, and the cape is actually way better than I thought!

Those are very cool! Would they mount the same as the ones that come with the figure.

I'm also really stoked on Strange. He turned out awesome, and the cape is actually way better than I thought!
That's the plan, might do versions for both the SHF and ML if there's interest.

I really want strange but he's sold out everywhere, gotta keep a reaaaaally keen eye on mandarake 😆

Is $70 for Black Panther a decent price?

We doesn't come with much in the accessories department but I do believe he was a Web Exclusive so 70 for an older web exclusive is a decent enough price. It depends on how much you want it too I suppose. If you really like Panther I both comics and MCU than its a pretty good price for the figure.

Got in Doctor Strange and its great to add him to the MCU roster!

My biggest gripe is his cape is too heavy. He cannot stand without it touching the ground (as opposed to Thor who can). Plus he is kinda short. The last picture shows just how short.

But still glad to have him. The magic discs are ok - would have been cool if they were like HT, but decided to add effects for the pics!
S.H._Figuarts_Doctor_Strange_IMG_8144.jpg

S.H._Figuarts_Doctor_Strange_IMG_8140_crop.jpg

S.H._Figuarts_Doctor_Strange_IMG_8166.jpg

And of course with a couple of friends...
S.H._Figuarts_Doctor_Strange_Ill_IMG_8128_c.jpg

S.H._Figuarts_Doctor_Strange_Ill_IMG_8112.jpg

As you can see here he stands on his own at his shortest height (legs pushed in) with the cape supporting him. If you pull out his legs to get him taller (more than a 1/4 of an inch) then something needs to support him or he will fall back.
IMG_8176_height.jpg

Got in Doctor Strange and its great to add him to the MCU roster!

My biggest gripe is his cape is too heavy. He cannot stand without it touching the ground (as opposed to Thor who can). Plus he is kinda short. The last picture shows just how short.

But still glad to have him. The magic discs are ok - would have been cool if they were like HT, but decided to add effects for the pics!
S.H._Figuarts_Doctor_Strange_IMG_8144.jpg

S.H._Figuarts_Doctor_Strange_IMG_8140_crop.jpg

S.H._Figuarts_Doctor_Strange_IMG_8166.jpg

And of course with a couple of friends...
S.H._Figuarts_Doctor_Strange_Ill_IMG_8128_c.jpg

S.H._Figuarts_Doctor_Strange_Ill_IMG_8112.jpg

As you can see here he stands on his own at his shortest height (legs pushed in) with the cape supporting him. If you pull out his legs to get him taller (more than a 1/4 of an inch) then something needs to support him or he will fall back.
IMG_8176_height.jpg
Would you be interested if I were to make a set?
2e0f7fb2a5707b45359c45ca6359a29f.jpg

Would you be interested if I were to make a set?
2e0f7fb2a5707b45359c45ca6359a29f.jpg

Although those look nice, I wouldn't be that interested. I don't really like the affects that come with the figures and don't use them that often. I just thought it would have been nice if the ones they came with looked like HT versions.
I'm actually bummed that the Iron Man Mk 46 does not come with blaster hands without the pegs!

I know a lot of people are disappointed with the figuarts Ultron prime, so if anyone has one but would rather have the revoltech, PM me and we can work something out.

amazon shipped my Dr. Strange in a box that was smaller than the actual product box. very disappointing

Any good place to buy Dr. Strange besides Amazon?

I had mine preordered from MHToyShop and they closed up shop and stole my deposit.

Back