S.H.Figuarts Marvel MCU General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: S.H.Figuarts IronMan

Aaaaand with that, I have just ordered Thor and Iron Man Mark 45. Need to find Cap and Hulk for a good price and Hawkeye/Black Widow will be definite pre-orders.

That's why I said some of you will be kicking yourselves in the face as some of the pieces are getting expensive :lol

Anyone received theirs yet? It's pretty good other than having no decals.

WM.jpg

That's why I said some of you will be kicking yourselves in the face as some of the pieces are getting expensive :lol

Oh that's what you meant by that!

I'm kinda glad that I regularly bought 1/12 anime figures before all of this (Figma, Figuarts, Revoltech etc.), so when Bandai decided to make Avengers figures it just felt like a no-brainer to me. :)

Oh that's what you meant by that!

I'm kinda glad that I regularly bought 1/12 anime figures before all of this (Figma, Figuarts, Revoltech etc.), so when Bandai decided to make Avengers figures it just felt like a no-brainer to me. :)

But sometimes Bandai will turn their attention elsewhere and kill a line for no reason, but I took the risk for the AOU line as it's a rare license for them to have. :yess:

I wonder if Bandai got licences for other Marvel films...? I would love to have a Ant-Man and Black Panther Figuart.

For anyone else who's coming late to the party, I got my Mark 45 and Thor at amiami.com. With the crap exchange rate right now, the total was $125.07 CAD but it's still better than any other places I saw. Too bad Hulk and Cap were sold out.

Hm I'm actually glad I couldn't get the Figuarts Hulk now. It's old news, I know, but I just saw the Figma Hulk and ME WANT. FIGMA HULK SMASH FIGUARTS HULK!

Hm I'm actually glad I couldn't get the Figuarts Hulk now. It's old news, I know, but I just saw the Figma Hulk and ME WANT. FIGMA HULK SMASH FIGUARTS HULK!
I have the sh figuarts hulk figure. As i recall, it never came with a shipper box so reissues are possible with Hulk.

Been contemplating this myself actually! :hi5:

I was never a fan of the Figuarts Hulk (not that it's bad it's still pretty good), but the Figma has definitely won me over with the better likeness. While the price is pretty hefty for the Figma Hulk, I do prefer it overall and might actually cave in for that one instead.

Been contemplating this myself actually! :hi5:

I was never a fan of the Figuarts Hulk (not that it's bad it's still pretty good), but the Figma has definitely won me over with the better likeness. While the price is pretty hefty for the Figma Hulk, I do prefer it overall and might actually cave in for that one instead.

This is actually pretty bad, going from collecting 1/6 scale to 1/12 scale figures because, while yes, now that I think about it, the Figma Hulk is pretty high for its size and detail, its price just isn't bothering me since I'm already used to spending $350+ CAD on retail Hot Toys lol. I just ordered Cap also and I've pre-ordered Figma Hulk.. Last year when I wasn't in this hobby, I would have called myself crazy for dropping $300-400 on 4 action figures in one weekend, but after a year of spending that much per Hot Toys figure, I'm strangely ok with it.. this can't be good in the long run for my wallet haha.

For those still wondering about the differences in sculpt between the two Ultron's:

DnBF2SE.jpg

The difference between the promo pics of revoltech figures and the actual product sometimes can be very huge. I hope that is not the case with the ultron. I'll hold off until it actually gets released. In case of SH Figuarts, you get what you see in promo pics.

The difference between the promo pics of revoltech figures and the actual product sometimes can be very huge. I hope that is not the case with the ultron. I'll hold off until it actually gets released. In case of SH Figuarts, you get what you see in promo pics.
I see what you mean, especially considering how Figuarts and Figma have generally beaten Revoltech to the ground in terms of figure-making quality for quite some time now.

That said, I do admit that I'm rather curious about this particular release since it's been a while since Revoltech made 1/12 figures, and the last time they did, the figure actually turned out really good and perfectly matched what the promo pics were showing, i.e. the Revoltech Raiden from Metal Gear Rising. For a while, Revoltech has just been making 4-inch figures, and it's only recently that they've gone back to making 1/12 figures again (starting with this Ultron and the upcoming Venom Snake from Metal Gear Solid V respectively). So I'm curious if they've improved since then and their solid work on Raiden might be a good sign of this.

My problem with the Figuarts is that while it's definitely based on the Empire Mag render, they still skimped on certain details (it's missing the leg/thigh panel lines and the internal chest details on the sides) as well as botching the proportions (the neck being too thin), so saying that we're getting what we're seeing isn't exactly comforting either.

That said, the main thing I'm worried about with the Figuarts is that Bandai hasn't really posed their Ultron with the arms out to the side which is very unlike for them to do so since they tend to show off how well the figure is able to move. So either they screwed up this one time during Ultron's photo session or, worst case scenario, the shoulder sculpt is greatly restricting the arm movement unlike the Revoltech.

I'll be getting both figures anyway so I'll be sure to post comparisons between the two.

All the MKs are in different scale :slap

Foresee a reissue of the MK6, the prices for it are extraordinary nowadays. I bet sellers are going to mark down their prices after seeing this. :lol

ii11.jpg

Well as long as they look good, I guess...? :lol

Can someone explain why someone like myself who doesn't know much about these figures, should or would be interested in them?

Back