S.H. Figuarts General

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how Tamashii is knocking it out of the park. It's like they've aimed to be the Hot Toys of the six-inch market and they're showing it by diversifying their licenses. This is really a kick to the balls of Western toy companies that they need to up their game a lot (again) or lose the collector markets to the Asian companies.

Hasbro, Mattel...they've really lost their way the past few years and their product quality has gone downhill.

I wish S.H. Figuarts would make Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin and Cowboy Bebop figs, among others.

Sucks that they're not continuing the G Gundam line. I have Master Asia sitting on my shelf by himself.

Yeah, I'd be in for yuyu hakusho. Especially toguro bros and toguro team.

I was a big fan of yuyu hakusho series up till sensui saga. It became weird and uninteresting. They should've ended it after the toguro saga.

Man, I disagree, I thought the Chapter Black saga was sick. I appreciate it more as an adult since I understand it better. Battle between Spirit Detective and the former Detective. Dark Tournament was legendary though.

And I agree Toguro would be insane, even if it's just regular Toguro with the green trench coat.

I still think $60 is too much for the Turtles. I've seen them charge less for other figures. I guess since it's another American licensed series, that's why they're more. If I had alot of money to throw around, I'd definitely get them, but my hands are tied with the DBZ and Star Wars series.

Yeah, a 戸愚呂弟 with a 戸愚呂兄 on his shoulders would be a grail figure for me. Also a 100% of 100% ver of 戸愚呂弟 for the tamashii ex:

22-15-100-100.jpg

Dunno why, but I think the villains designs are cooler. My favourite would be 飛影, 蔵馬妖狐 ver, and the 戸愚呂兄弟 combo.

Last edited:
I wish S.H. Figuarts would make Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin and Cowboy Bebop figs, among others.

Sucks that they're not continuing the G Gundam line. I have Master Asia sitting on my shelf by himself.
Strange thing is they did a FiguartsZero of Ruroni Kenshin, but never went further. :dunno Yu Yu Hakusho needs a Figuarts line, since the only good collectibles are the Kotobukiya statues

I agree on Chapter Black, it was a little odd at times, coming off the roller coaster that was The Dark Tournament, though I still like it. The last season with demon politics...was just out of place though.

Has anyone seen the latest photo of Figuarts TMNT

View attachment 242699

i dunno.. TMNT was my fav show growing up, so these should be a godsend. however a part of me feels like Figuarts TMNT in 2016 should reflect the newer updated designs. It's hard to explain, i'm still 50/50 about it

Apparently Tamashii did research and came to the conclusion that these are still the most popular and most demanded out of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise. They're releasing these specifically aimed at the United States/Western market. I recall a Bluefin manager telling that to somebody at NYCC back in October.

Yeah, that's right. I forgot about the Zero line of Kenshin. Wish they would have gone further with that. Shame.

Anybody know if the TMNT line will go beyond the Turtles? If they make some more characters, I'll consider getting the Turtles.

Anybody know if the TMNT line will go beyond the Turtles? If they make some more characters, I'll consider getting the Turtles.

They asked NYCC attendees to suggest other characters in their survey.

Here's a post back in October during NYCC...

"Turtles will be web exclusives in Japan as they are aimed at the american market. The 80's cartoon is THE most popular version of the character in either market though so it's beneficial to both parties. Plan is to construct them with diecast parts. They're currently exploring what other characters from that series to make in this line, taking suggestions."

TokuNation - View Single Post - SH Figuarts & D-Arts (Non-Toku) Combined Discussion

Apparently Tamashii did research and came to the conclusion that these are still the most popular and most demanded out of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise. They're releasing these specifically aimed at the United States/Western market. I recall a Bluefin manager telling that to somebody at NYCC back in October.

Probably because they saw Revoltech had huge success with their Turtles so they decided to jump on the bandwagon.

The great thing about competition between Max Factory/FIGMA, Kaiyodo/Revoltech and Bandai/Tamashii is that it gives the fans a bit of everything and every company 'competes' with one another by giving us different products in some effort to "top" each other.

Bandai-Tamashii has especially come around with learning that they have HUGE opportunity in the Western market, hence some of these 'Western-centric' releases (a la Broly, the Turtles, etc.). FIGMA mostly focuses on anime girls with a few figures here-and-there that appeal to larger audiences, and Revoltech is sort of all over the place but similar in product selection style to Bandai-Tamashii.

image.jpeg

I know Tamashii isn't particularly good at varying scales, but this is just hilariously bad.. like c'mon Tamashii, sheesh

That's even smaller than I thought it'd be based off pictures. Wow. I'm speech less.

View attachment 245730

I know Tamashii isn't particularly good at varying scales, but this is just hilariously bad.. like c'mon Tamashii, sheesh

99% of the time I don't care about scale. I understand why people do, but it is typically not an issue for me and I can deal with size discrepancies. I don't care for instance that Cell is too small.

However, with Bowser Tamashii actually managed to find my line and cross it. Its absurdly small, especially for the price, and it bugs the hell out of me.

The Jakk's Pacific Bowser has some paint issues and the articulation is obviously a bit limited (though the figuarts version doesn't look very poseable either...) but he's still inherently superior because he's the right damn size.

One could argue that Mario and Bowser were the same size in the original Super Mario Bros, but it would be a poor argument. That was the only game where that was the case, and it was a sprite limitation that was overcome by SMB3.

Bogus Tamashii! BOGUS!

Sorry for ranting.

It's sad that the Jakks actually has more articulation than this one. This one comes with more accessories and is obviously more detailed and cleaner with paint apps but the size is absolutely ridiculous. Luigi is taller than him and Yoshi would probably be able to gobble him up like a regular ass Koopa. Jakks wins this one.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

I never pre-ordered Bowser. First Tamashii figure they're releasing that I think they made a crucial error on. The size (in comparison to Mario) is unacceptable and isn't a common theme with the Mario games. Yes, there's one or two Mario games where Bowser appears to be about as big as Mario, but in the majority of them, Bowser is at least twice the size of Mario at minimum.

Back