S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, guys. I'm pretty darned impressed with how they turned out.

1-346.png

Today I received my purple frieza soldier and Gyniu, Purple soldier came flawless, perfect figure.
Gyniu came with many issues, left arm pop offs easily and loose legs. Legs are now repaired with suple glue however the arm cant be repaired it seems.

I would be happy if it wasn't because both boxes came totally destroyed...

Ginyu has had a lot of quality control issues. But since it’s that companys first release, I give them a pass... the true test will come when Raditz is released

If DF want to keep making figures, I hope they keep looking into improvements. If they just accept how they have it now I don’t think it’ll bode well as people will just eventually stop buying. They have done good on accessories and I hope they keep a lot of attention to that unless they improve on what they have done figure wise

A lot of people are super happy with Ginyu, but for me I just feel there are still too many QC issues to warrant dropping down money that is as much as Figuarts.
So for now I’ll stick with their accessories, until it seems they make improvements or there is a figure I’m willing to overlook QC problems that I know we will never get from Figuarts (I know Ginyu will happen at some point and who knows it may be a year or two by the number of figures we are seeing come out now)

Today I received my purple frieza soldier and Gyniu, Purple soldier came flawless, perfect figure.
Gyniu came with many issues, left arm pop offs easily and loose legs. Legs are now repaired with suple glue however the arm cant be repaired it seems.

Just ordered the Purple Soldier based on your comment, had already received Ginyu and mine didn't have any issues but the box was indeed completely smashed, probably because it was shipped in a squishy enveloppe instead of cardboard box. I left negative feedback on shipping to the eBay seller and they refunded me 5 bucks for the inconvenience (since nothing was broken on the actual figure). Hopefully my soldier arrives more safely.

I'm really happy with Ginyu, I had the Dramatic Showcase Ginyu and his gang already but having a posable figure is cool too, even if he is a bit too tall, I put him in a pose that makes him not quite stand out so tall and it looks pretty cool to me. I wanted to represent the scene where Ginyu just stole Goku's body and is grieviously injured, while in Goku's body he's now amazed at his newfound power (middle shelf)..

YfebabD.jpg

Tamashii Nations yearly event is going to take place in 2 weeks. Anybody want to throw out some potential reveals?

Piccolo 2.0
Bardock (New version [emoji29])
UI Goku
Jiren
Videl
Dabura

Seems like they may be done with the Buu Saga for a little bit since there’s a lot out already but who knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tamashii Nations yearly event is going to take place in 2 weeks. Anybody want to throw out some potential reveals?

I think they'll be releasing at least 7 Dragon Ball figures (each with a Dragon Ball) so since Kid Krillin is next I'm guessing Demon King Piccolo might be announced, or Bandit Yamcha to pair with Bulma (with Puar accessory).

For DBZ, I'm thinking Purple Training Gi Adult Gohan and Videl.

For DBS, UI Goku, Jiren, Bardock from Broly movie.

SHF Ginyu MIGHT happen, if it does, we will be waiting for several years. Look how long it takes for them to release a character already. Ginyu is not a priority release, there are way more popular characters fans have been waiting for, also there are several unreleased prototypes (Champa, Vados, even Jaco) that will take priority over Ginyu. This Demoniacal Fit version, although overscaled, is a decent stand-in until then. If it had been released 5 years ago, nobody would really be complaining about it. We’re just used to the 2.0’s these days that anything else that’s sub-standard, automatically gets **** on

Just ordered the Purple Soldier based on your comment, had already received Ginyu and mine didn't have any issues but the box was indeed completely smashed, probably because it was shipped in a squishy enveloppe instead of cardboard box. I left negative feedback on shipping to the eBay seller and they refunded me 5 bucks for the inconvenience (since nothing was broken on the actual figure). Hopefully my soldier arrives more safely.

I'm really happy with Ginyu, I had the Dramatic Showcase Ginyu and his gang already but having a posable figure is cool too, even if he is a bit too tall, I put him in a pose that makes him not quite stand out so tall and it looks pretty cool to me. I wanted to represent the scene where Ginyu just stole Goku's body and is grieviously injured, while in Goku's body he's now amazed at his newfound power (middle shelf)..

YfebabD.jpg

Dope display bro. Personally, I believe the company didn’t really think Ginyu through. They thought of it as a posed piece, but didn’t consider how it will look standing straight. That’s my theory

Man... my Ginyu is so floppy I haven't even opened the other two. Good to know there's potential that they all aren't like that.

Wonder if they'd consider doing Ginyu in Goku clothes.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-G935W8 發送

Man... my Ginyu is so floppy I haven't even opened the other two. Good to know there's potential that they all aren't like that.

I might order the yellow soldier now... I'm really happy with the purple one... And TBH I'm not mad with ginyu, but the arm popping off is really irritating!

EDIT: Darn, I've used super glue 4 times but the arm keeps popping off... I mean it's not like you can't pose him but it pops off whenever you want to and you need to pose him then insert it... Seems like the peg is not fitting right in the hole... Any ideas what can I do?

Im hoping for a Piccolo 2.0 or at least a showing for 2019

DBZ.. I doubt we’ll see Captain Ginyu. If I was BOJ/Tamashii I do Raditz!!!

DB? I don’t think we’ll be seeing Yamcha till the end similar to why we’re not seeing a new Krillin 2.0 because kid Krillin needs time to shine. Who wants to buy Yamcha when he just came out. If anything I would say King Piccolo or else Chi Chi

DBS - another look at Broly 2.0 and the new SSG Blue Goku&Vegeta. Maybe a release date on one or the other. I doubt we’ll see ultra Instinct until after February

I would say odds are good we see another DB release; be it Chi chi, Yamcha or Piccolo (or maybe Kami to go with both DB and DBZ, but I doubt it)

Im hoping for a Piccolo 2.0 or at least a showing for 2019

DBZ.. I doubt we’ll see Captain Ginyu. If I was BOJ/Tamashii I do Raditz!!!

DB? I don’t think we’ll be seeing Yamcha till the end similar to why we’re not seeing a new Krillin 2.0 because kid Krillin needs time to shine. Who wants to buy Yamcha when he just came out. If anything I would say King Piccolo or else Chi Chi

DBS - another look at Broly 2.0 and the new SSG Blue Goku&Vegeta. Maybe a release date on one or the other. I doubt we’ll see ultra Instinct until after February

That’s a good point about Krillin, I didn’t think about that. Maybe they will try make a Piccolo to appease both DB and the Vegeta saga version.

We will probably see a fall release of a DB character, and 1 more super character (that isn’t Goku and Vegeta)

My DF Ginyu's left armguard (not completely the left entire arm) also fell off before. Simply pushing back into place didn't work, but what I did that finally got it firmly in place was I twisted the armguard left and right while pushing it into place. So far it hasn't fallen off again. If you'll notice the left armguard of Ginyu, there's some kind of imperfect mold/crack that seems to be present in all of the DF Ginyus that I have seen so far on the net. That crack must be the cause of the imperfect fitting and that's why you have to twist it left and right while pushing it back in to make it stay in place.

Which Frieza Soldier appeared in the anime again? The purple or yellow haired one? I don't want to buy both of them lol :)

Back