S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand your frustration as there are a lot of people that hate movies because their love of the book. I don’t get mad at those people that loved the movie because they never read the book.
Same case here. I have no intention of reading any menga, just doesn’t interest me. So yes, there will be things I can tolerate that may make others disgusted with the changes. Can’t really hate on those of us for that much the same as I can’t hate on someone for not reading a novel that a movie is based on. It’s all about entertainment and enjoying the things we choose to enjoy.

1-345.png

Quick question guys.. am I missing anything from this figuarts Majin Buu?

P7HRWZt.jpg

O1hGuVt.jpg

tBYN0UY.jpg

I got him brand new from barnes and noble for $55 but I didn’t realize it was retaped!!!

Great discount, bad bad B&N and whoever returned it.

If nothings missing I’ll just keep it. The figures plastic wrap was not removed, all joints and etc are tight.
Nothing broken... I’m wondering if someone opened it to grab a accessory or stand?

Quick question guys.. am I missing anything from this figuarts Majin Buu?

View attachment 429762

View attachment 429764

View attachment 429766

I got him brand new from barnes and noble for $55 but I didn’t realize it was retaped!!!

Great discount, bad bad B&N and whoever returned it.

If nothings missing I’ll just keep it. The figures plastic wrap was not removed, all joints and etc are tight.
Nothing broken... I’m wondering if someone opened it to grab a accessory or stand?
Looks complete to me

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-G935W8 發送

I remember hearing some people surprised he didn’t come with a stand. I didn’t get him so can’t confirm this sorry

Now that i think about it, it is weird how they didn’t include a stand with Majin Boo. Broly came with 1, even a modified clamp to accommodate him, so why wouldn’t they include 1 for Boo’s big fat ass

do you get irritated when people say “it’s over 9,000!!!” because that’s a Toei mistake by being a number off & that’s what everyone accepts now? If not then you really shouldn’t fault people for preferring the anime over the manga, since everybody picks & chooses what to follow and/or ignore, yourself included
I must be the only moderately invested anime fan on the ****ing planet that doesn’t like reading manga. I am ALWAYS going to prefer anime. I have three or four various manga volumes in total.

That said, I do appreciate when the anime follows as close to the source material as possible and I do try and keep as up-to-date on the changes as I can, despite not actually reading manga. Either way, anime becomes its own thing, at times.

I have no idea why Trunks suddenly has green hair in DBS, but it could be explained away as an age thing, perhaps? Still pretty dumb that it happened. As for the crap in this movie, it is a pretty clear deviation from established norms. I don’t like it. I don’t have to like it. And I have every right to call out the creator for being the second coming of George Lucas. As does everyone else. Those that are okay with the changes—great. No one’s forcing you to adhere to our opinions.

How did you get it for $55? It thought it was only 15% last time they had a promo.

I was able to get a last 20% + the 10% at the end of my membership. It’s to bad they dont offer 30% anymore and those sweet times when I was able to receive 35% years ago... sucks aint like the good old days anymore

Fyi guys!! You guys should double check your gamestops and B&N for the current Earth Gokus!! Some of them are popping up! I was able to obtain 2 of them at a B&N along with the 15% email online promo and the 20% retailmenot promos... got both under $30

I must be the only moderately invested anime fan on the ****ing planet that doesn’t like reading manga. I am ALWAYS going to prefer anime. I have three or four various manga volumes in total.

That said, I do appreciate when the anime follows as close to the source material as possible and I do try and keep as up-to-date on the changes as I can, despite not actually reading manga. Either way, anime becomes its own thing, at times.

I have no idea why Trunks suddenly has green hair in DBS, but it could be explained away as an age thing, perhaps? Still pretty dumb that it happened. As for the crap in this movie, it is a pretty clear deviation from established norms. I don’t like it. I don’t have to like it. And I have every right to call out the creator for being the second coming of George Lucas. As does everyone else. Those that are okay with the changes—great. No one’s forcing you to adhere to our opinions.

Also, lets not forget this utter nonsense

0DCAC83F-8EDE-483C-BA1A-6256961015AA.jpeg

This is both awesome & stupid at the same time. I love it, only because of how absurd it is (and literally everything in Dragon Ball is absurd), but I also hate it for the same reason. I’m glad the anime didn’t entertain this idea

And how funny would it be if/when the manga adaptation of the Broly movie is released, and it ends up CONTRADICTING the movie? Or when DBSuper returns & adapts the movie, and STILL changes things even further, just like they did with Resurrection F & Battle of Gods? How will people rationalize that when that happens, lol

Actually I think Toriyama is worse then Lucas. Lucas says he always wanted to add this or that in there and just couldn’t (while what he did to update things was stupid, ridiculous and looks like crap) Toriyama honestly I don’t think he even knows what he did anymore and is making it all up as he goes along ... so many head scratching moments that are just demoralize and erase things already said/done, and changing looks/hair/history/personalities of characters/etc

I think Toriyama has gone scenile

I would actually really like to see what Roshi would be capable of with immortality and the power of a god. :lol

Yeah, Toriyama really needs to do his homework and stay consistent.

Hey, it's mildly irritating, I'd agree.

But nowhere near Trunks hair colour level annoying!! That was just first rate backassery!

In the original Manga Bulma had purple hair.
Toei mistakenly gave her Green hair in the anime adaptation. - FAIL #1
Both Toriyama and Toei decided to carry on separately with the differing hair colors.
When we reached the android saga, Future Trunks appeared with purple hair in the manga (inherited from his mother).
So as not to make the same mistake again Toei gave Future Trunks purple hair to match the manga, however it now didn't match his mothers! - FAIL #2
Baby Trunks was born, and was given Purple hair, again, this didn't match Bulma's hair color in the anime - FAIL #3
DB Super comes along, and Future Trunks returns with Green hair (which nobody notices is any different) in order for it to finally match his mothers hair - FAIL #4
Kid Trunks in DB Super continues to have purple hair - FAIL #5 and complete cluster ****...drops mic................

At this point I have no idea whether Trunks purple hair from Z is retconned or not. To be honest, it would have just been a hell of a lot easier to just change Bulma's hair to purple during the early Dragon Ball anime, and job done!!

In regards to Bulma’s hair and Trunks’ hair not matching, they should just say that in Dragon Ball, they have wonderful hair stylists... even in Future Trunks’ horrific universe.

Not sure if this is news or not but Mr. Satan is back up for preorder at BBTS. I’m hoping Saiyaman follows suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back