S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed the Buu on Amiami because I was so tired last night after working an entire month without a rest day. I hope the local price of that Buu will be $50+ as well and not $70+ since he's a standard release. I kinda feel bad paying the same price as an item delivered via EMS, only for it to arrive a month or so later. Oh well that's life. I remember a year or so ago, Dragon Ball pre-orders at least lasted one whole day, then the time frame of availability became shorter and shorter, until what I noticed with Fat Buu where he only lasted minutes I think :thud:

Anyway I sure hope I don't miss out with the local sellers like Amazon and the facebook vendors due to low numbers of production.

I missed the Buu on Amiami because I was so tired last night after working an entire month without a rest day. I hope the local price of that Buu will be $50+ as well and not $70+ since he's a standard release. I kinda feel bad paying the same price as an item delivered via EMS, only for it to arrive a month or so later. Oh well that's life. I remember a year or so ago, Dragon Ball pre-orders at least lasted one whole day, then the time frame of availability became shorter and shorter, until what I noticed with Fat Buu where he only lasted minutes I think :thud:

Anyway I sure hope I don't miss out with the local sellers like Amazon and the facebook vendors due to low numbers of production.
Well I did preorder two Buu's. One at hlj and another with amiami. I only intend to keep one. You can buy one of them thru my preorder. Whereabouts do you live?

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-G935W8 發送

Get ready to preorder Super Buu, guys!

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-042850

Right now, it's giving me a blank page

I checked 8 minutes after you made this post and it said preorder closed. Did preorders really sold out in that short of a period or did preorders not open up yet for Super Buu?

Edit: Saw that you mentioned placing orders, so preorders did only last for a few minutes unless my browser wasn’t displaying correctly.
Wow. :(

I checked 8 minutes after you made this post and it said preorder closed. Did preorders really sold out in that short of a period or did preorders not open up yet for Super Buu?
When I posted, it wasn't opened yet but they were in the process of getting it ready for the public.

Here's hlj's preorder page. One per customer

https://hlj.com/s-h-figuarts-majin-buu-aku-bans55154

Yeah I have a strong feeling this one is going to sell out crazy fast, esp for the US release. I am not going to risk this one (even with it being a regular release, and the price isn’t actually that bad for a Japan order). I did mine through Robby at Toyninja. He still has stock

At first I thought the beam accessory was seperate but you notice the fat boo head pictured is slightly different from the regular one that just released?

So it seems we get a new head with him entirely. Could have replaced that with the vanishing ball effect or another head for super boo but oh well.

I don’t ever order from Japan release, but there is a small list of cant miss figures that I will pay that extra for just to be sure

Yeah looks like we will be getting an extra fat Buu head (I still won’t get fat Buu though so for me too it is a waste, but smart on a business standpoint if they viewed people skipping fat Buu for this it may entice them to help sell that figure out as well).

Shoulda taken a ruler when I checked it out at the Dragon Ball tour but it's a fairly sizeable figure. Android 20 on the other hand is pretty small

According to the Tamashii page it is 190mm:

https://tamashii.jp/item/12722/

Great size for Buu, but still sad that Gotenks will stand at 2/3 his height, instead of around half his height like he should.

Thank you both very much and yea it definitely does kind of stink about some of the scalings (I'm looking at you, Roshi) but overall they display pretty well together so I'm happy.

So Buu is sold out on nippon, cdjapan, and hlj. Anyone know another place to get the Japanese release?

Hes a regular release, so best just to keep an eye out; sites can keep ordering more as long as there is demand for it.

I honestly don't know how true that is for regular releases in Japan. Each store typically get their 100 or so units, and I think they have to commit to another 100 if they want more. Most places stick with one bulk order and open slots only if they receive cancellations, etc. HLJ seem to be the only ones who operate outside of this, probably because they have the cash flow.

Tamashii also have their manufacturing cut off, so there's a limit to the volume of units available.

Primary example of this is SSJ3 Goku, a regular release who was very difficult to find in Japan after pre-orders closed, and still is to this day.

On the flip side, the Webshop exclusives are distributed directly by Bandi, so J stores just order units adhoc and charge a proxy fee to their customers. Pre-orders usually stay available until webshop close orders. Case in point being Mr Satan and Great Saiyaman.

Long story short, keeping checking HLJ over the next few days/weeks and if you have no luck, wait for Bluefin or use a proxy to order via Rakuten Global.

Alex hasn’t posted his yet, there are a few others that carry the Japan and US releases that haven’t posted theirs up yet. Don’t panic at all, there are a lot of places to order from.

Last edited:
I do have to say that this figure is just gorgeous. This is the most excited I have been for a figure since Napa was announced and released. Before that awakening Goku and the only other one was the 2013 Vegeta saga that got me into the line in the first place.

Last edited:
98C7DE18-76A6-4BEE-BF64-A04ED263400B.jpg

Man, the Super Buu preorder came out of nowhere, at least with Obi Wan we had a 3 day heads up.

Thanks to the time zone difference with Japan I was at work checking my email & got a notification from CDJapan saying Obi Wan, Soul of Chogokin Battleship Yamato 2202 & Super Buu are available for preorder & I'm like "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?" :horror

I was able to get 2 from CDJapan & unlike HLJ & AmiAmi, Super Buu lasted a little over an hour but I guess people were slowly discovering the news.

Back