S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so I just got the Demoniacal Fit black Vegeta set, and love it. It works great with the figure body.

It just so happened this week that I also dug up some DBZ relics from my childhood and just...wow, look at how far we've come!
20180914_230337.jpg
20180914_230250.jpg

Just got back from seeing the original Broly movie, it was awesome to see it in theaters! Was slightly disappointed they used the Japanese soundtrack (I grew up with the hard rock one, I think they had a song by Korn in it or something hahah) but it was still dope! Anyone else go to see it?

He who finds enjoyment with dubbed rock music in anime than Japanese original does not enjoy at all.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Why can’t people like both? I used to hate the Japanese music in Dragon Ball. It’s grown on me over the years and now it doesn’t even matter what’s playing in the background, as long as I like it.

Because it's not the intent of the content creators. And it's too Americanized.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

To me the Faulconer score and the hard rock music during power ups fit the mood and intensity of the scenes more than the Japanese soundtrack. That one just sounds random to me, almost too cartoony. It's still good music, I just like the Faulconer score and that style more. Just personal preference!

Intent or not man, the original soundtrack has no soul or power to it; some of the most influential and memorable scenes in dragonball are down to the falconer soundtrack. Granted some are good, like Gohans day of destiny, but the rest tend to be really cheesy. Watching Vegetas sacrifice with falconers score still gives me goosebumps to this day for example.

People like what they like, the dub and its music exists, so lets just leave it at that eh?

Speaking of the anime, anyone watched DBZAs 3 parter ending the Cell Saga? Imo they did it justice, and in parts its actually done better than the official dub (#16s speech and Gokus speech to Gohan)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Vegetas sacrifice in japanese was done so much better. The dub never seems to know when to cut the music and let the scene play for itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intent or not man, the original soundtrack has no soul or power to it; some of the most influential and memorable scenes in dragonball are down to the falconer soundtrack. Granted some are good, like Gohans day of destiny, but the rest tend to be really cheesy. Watching Vegetas sacrifice with falconers score still gives me goosebumps to this day for example.

People like what they like, the dub and its music exists, so lets just leave it at that eh?

Speaking of the anime, anyone watched DBZAs 3 parter ending the Cell Saga? Imo they did it justice, and in parts its actually done better than the official dub (#16s speech and Gokus speech to Gohan)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I can totally agree with that. You know, i've been watching a lot of the older Dragon Ball content and I've come to realize that I despise Dragon Ball Super's potrayal of Goku, and coming back from the Broly remastered movie today, it's mind boggling how different Z Goku and Super Goku are personality wise. Anyone else have a problem with this as well?

I can totally agree with that. You know, i've been watching a lot of the older Dragon Ball content and I've come to realize that I despise Dragon Ball Super's potrayal of Goku, and coming back from the Broly remastered movie today, it's mind boggling how different Z Goku and Super Goku are personality wise. Anyone else have a problem with this as well?

I absolutely agree. Goku could be pretty aloof in Z and definitely had his funny moments, but he knew when to get serious. I feel like in Super they just make him incredibly dumb with very brief moments of seriousness

Back