S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I feel like Toriyama OVERDID it in Super when trying to convey how Goku was supposed to be originally; I get that he wasnt meant to be the "hero" he was portayed as in the english dubs and was always supposed to be a bit of a goof who just wanted that next challenge, but even in the japanese dub he knew when the stakes were too high and cared about the Earth. In super, especially the pre-ToP arc he really seemed like he didnt care if the universe was destroyed as long as he got to fight. It went too far in the other direction.

I watched it dubbed in Cantonese. Years before Funimation started dubbing DBZ. But I really got into Dragonball thru the manga. Hence how I learned to read Chinese.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I remember when I watched the Broly movie then hearing The Deftones come on out of nowhere. I like The Deftones but in DBZ? Ehh, no. It just came off as extremely forced & pandering. I prefer the original score all day, altho if you like the westernized remix version that’s fine too

I'll be honest, if we are talking about the movies in particular then yeah, the music was a bit much, but the anime handled it much better imo.

Because it's not the intent of the content creators. And it's too Americanized.

Intent is kind of a moot point, when it comes to anime that has been localized overseas. There are always changes.

Dragon Ball came to the West in a time where the Japanaese score could not have flourished. Even thinking on some of the tracks, the only one I firmly believe is wholly better than the American offering is the Japanese song used for Gohan’s SSJ2 transformation. The rest is personal preference.

Never understood the purist anime attitude. I have over 150 anime shows and movies. Guess which versions I rarely watch? I’m not Japanese and I don’t pretend to be. I don’t trash the Japanese versions though. I know a lot of people prefer to watch their anime in the native language, with native tracks, and that’s cool.

Intent is kind of a moot point, when it comes to anime that has been localized overseas. There are always changes.

Dragon Ball came to the West in a time where the Japanaese score could not have flourished. Even thinking on some of the tracks, the only one I firmly believe is wholly better than the American offering is the Japanese song used for Gohan’s SSJ2 transformation. The rest is personal preference.

Never understood the purist anime attitude. I have over 150 anime shows and movies. Guess which versions I rarely watch? I’m not Japanese and I don’t pretend to be. I don’t trash the Japanese versions though. I know a lot of people prefer to watch their anime in the native language, with native tracks, and that’s cool.
And yet, America is the only country that changed the music score for localization.

Because the tracks were old. Outdated. The show needed more emotion than the vast majority of the original score conveyed. They wouldn’t have rescored the music otherwise.

Also, it’s been a while since I’ve seen other versions of the show, but I believe you’re wrong on that. The Ocean Dub has its own music, I know that for sure.

Funi created their own music for Z because they would have had to pay for licenced music and it's cheaper to create their own, not because they wanted to update it.

The original OST has great tracks. Battle Point Unlimited is my favourite; it plays when Trunks begins to go ssj for the first time against Freeza and fits the scene so much better.

I’ve never once heard that. Sure, if true, I imagine it played a factor, but it had to be so minuscule as to not even be the main consideration for the change. The bottom line is they wanted a better score for the money. Rescoring wasn’t an uncommon practice back then. Frankly, it paid off.

Incase anyone hasn't seen, demoniacal fit released pics of their UI Goku and Trunks boxarts, looks like we are getting both versions of UI and Trunks comes with his hair down with no ponytail too, very cool.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
9ac215985828588fdb415d6a6f4421d6.jpg

How long have their previous releases taken to come out, generally speaking? I only just recently picked up the SSB Evolution Vegeta. Dunno that I’d get the Trunks set, but I’m definitely interested in that Omen Goku.

Checking the Hong Kong DBZ Facebook groups and someone received their Demonical Fit Ginyu figure. He's got alot of pics here
81a921b18bc92743a0b57f3a43ba95e9.jpg
52116cff8089d5e44604df2e0ff6bb65.jpg
6fedd0ba43c2a5bef1dd7dfac5c6c112.jpg
dd8944fc0f52715b45f5eef69f67111f.jpg
733faef039d465f676caf14e1e2a798f.jpg
23670ca388e1749c560d70f363dd71dd.jpg
2dd0ef5e58f3b930df22841cda53508b.jpg
54cce0ac5a877cf0274ccaecd89fb8f5.jpg
4895ce837fee7a874581f4527fe43798.jpg

I’ve never once heard that. Sure, if true, I imagine it played a factor, but it had to be so minuscule as to not even be the main consideration for the change. The bottom line is they wanted a better score for the money. Rescoring wasn’t an uncommon practice back then. Frankly, it paid off.

Falconer's low-budget synthesized music probably fitted the tone of what they were trying to go for when marketing it to western audiences but it didn't have the diverse richness of Shunsuke Kikuchi's orchestration.

And yet after finishing Z they went and dubbed the original DB with the Japanese soundtrack.

Ginyu looks dope af but i still think it’s a tad bit too tall. Can anybody post comparison shots of Ginyu & Goku in the anime to see if it’s accurate?

Yeah he is taller, but I think Demoniacal Fit might have overdid it just a little bit, because if they produce Burter & Recoome, then those would have to be friggin huuuge

It does look awesome but the scale is honestly REALLY bad. Seeing how Tamashii is actually kicking ass with scale and even accessories, personally I’m gonna wait. Imo the entire Ginyu Force is inevitable and the official releases are probably gonna be excellent. It’s just a waiting game at this point

Damn that Ginyu is ugly af. S.H. Figuarts has been getting worse with each release. You’d be very lucky if the production version is anywhere near the level of the prototypes they show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back