S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are you guys WATCHING DBH? I caught the first two episodes on FB and then completely forgot about it.

Got my MrGrapes torso in yesterday. The torso itself is sick but the paint left something to be desired and got a nice chip on the abs right away. Just doing a full repaint on the lower torso but it's annoying.

1-328.png

FF23FBAB-602A-42AC-AEA3-64DDE15E6D82.jpg

Playing around with setups for my new Dioramas, do you guys like this style of setup with characters from one arc displayed?
I am trying to decide between something like this with each diorama or should I do an action sequence with 2-4 characters in each diorama? My ideas for that style would be:
Rocky dio - Base Goku vs Vegeta
Destroyed Namek Dio - SSJ Goku vs Frieza
Cell Games Dio - Gohan vs Cell Kamehameha
Sacred World of the Kai - SSJ3 Goku vs Kid Buu
Tournament of Power - UI Goku vs Jiren
What you guys think?

I just ordered beerus from BigbadToys. I don’t usually order from them as they are usually over priced, but for an old figure it seemed to be the cheapest I could find at 55 shipped. Who’s I have no desire so haven’t really kept track ... kicking myself for not getting beerus forever ago for 35 when there was overstock burning a hole on shelves

Alex sorry that was in USD. I did a quick search and seems Whis has gone up a bit and is ranging from 50-70 shipped. Beerus ranging from 50-70 as well shipped.
In the next season, if beerus and whis become bigger in the story their price will go up due to demand. Right now both are just sideline characters

Alex sorry that was in USD. I did a quick search and seems Whis has gone up a bit and is ranging from 50-70 shipped. Beerus ranging from 50-70 as well shipped.
In the next season, if beerus and whis become bigger in the story their price will go up due to demand. Right now both are just sideline characters

Thanks a lot for the answer! :D

View attachment 426158

Playing around with setups for my new Dioramas, do you guys like this style of setup with characters from one arc displayed?
I am trying to decide between something like this with each diorama or should I do an action sequence with 2-4 characters in each diorama? My ideas for that style would be:
Rocky dio - Base Goku vs Vegeta
Destroyed Namek Dio - SSJ Goku vs Frieza
Cell Games Dio - Gohan vs Cell Kamehameha
Sacred World of the Kai - SSJ3 Goku vs Kid Buu
Tournament of Power - UI Goku vs Jiren
What you guys think?

Yeah, I am keeping mine together by arc appearance. I prefer action poses though, but this is where it seems everyone is different.
That dip looks great though. Looking forward to seeing your other ones when they are done. I plan on making some as well when time allows.

01BDDBDD-28E2-433C-9503-2DEF50505423.jpg
Here is my TOP Dio. I have been playing around with action poses but the thing that bothers me is atleast one of the figures is out of the line of sight as they are facing backwards or sideways. It makes me wish I had triples of everything so I could display multiple ways.

Here is my TOP Dio. I have been playing around with action poses but the thing that bothers me is atleast one of the figures is out of the line of sight as they are facing backwards or sideways. It makes me wish I had triples of everything so I could display multiple ways.

I believe that dios really give power and life to the figures. I don't have huge ones, but I think they add a lot if used properly.
Also, I'm a huge fan of arcs displays. At the end of the day, I believe that we all need to gather these bad boys the way we think they suit better our eyes.

Even though arcs are cool, Gary Garzon shows a totally different perspective, since this guy can pose literally any figure however he wants with any figure whatsoever and it will look just marvelous.

Either way, my 3 mini displays here as a courtesy (bad pictures... I warned :rotfl)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
6.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
8.jpg
7.jpg

Seigfreid17 also creates unique poses, on par or better than Gary Garzon’s

Behold~

Yeah Crisis that guy is insane as well, but the amount of figures and overall display from Gary is just another league (only my opinion though)

@mipacs those mini displays looks awesome! A really cool way to display em!

Here is my Cell Games Diorama, this one is the other way I’m thinking, more of a specific scene.

FDE22CA3-DF47-4900-9F8D-EECD98F5F3DF.jpg

I’m still torn between doing these action dios with one bigger display like this:
14E76AA6-3B43-45D2-B1B9-1A13F603B2E5.jpg

Or the arc specific dio’s like my Saiyan Saga and Tournament of Power.

View attachment 426292

Having them in your hands how well does those two lines blend? I've thinking in buying some DBS characters for my collection

@Cobraka22 thank you!!

You've got some great ideas, and you mix SHFiguarts well with the Figure Rise.

If I could give you a positive advice, it would be to work better the posing, on some figures you have them spot on and others are "okay"

I think if you manage to give an unique pose to each single figure you have, you'll be surprised, because from where I see it, you have material to have a masterpiece collection there.

Posing takes time and creativity, it's one of the things that I enjoy the most of this hobby... It goes by inspiration.

And don't get me wrong, I just see a lot of potential there, a friend of mine pointed the exact same thing to me in the past and it changed a lot how I display my figures! :wave

View attachment 426292

Nice! What heads are you using for Goku and Vegeta? Custom jobs?

@mipacs those mini displays looks awesome! A really cool way to display em!

Here is my Cell Games Diorama, this one is the other way I’m thinking, more of a specific scene.

View attachment 426322

I’m still torn between doing these action dios with one bigger display like this:
View attachment 426323

Or the arc specific dio’s like my Saiyan Saga and Tournament of Power.

what stand are you using for cells power?

@alexvalord I have Figure Rise and Dragon Stars in my Collection and I feel like certain figures from each line work well. The figure rise Piccolo and Krillin I honestly like better than the Figuarts versions. I also have the 2 androids in Figure Rise as I am waiting on a reissue due to the redic prices. They don’t scale are well but I nodded mine and chopped each one down by almost an inch. I also have a couple dragon Stars until they/if they do a Figuarts version. I think Jiren is the best Dragon Star so far. Also the stand for cell is the figure rise energy stands.

@mipacs thanks man! Most of the setups on these displays are kinda teaters to see what I’m ultimately going to do but I am going to change up some poses for sure. It’s hard for me to pose Vegeta anyway but with his arms crossed for some reason haha.

@hthero they are repaints I did, goku is the rose hair repainted.

Back