S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I get where you are both coming from, but its far from as bad as you are both trying to say. Sure, there isnt as much in the way of shading, but even with that we have had some amazing releases since we moved to the 2.0 mold. some examples are ssj3 Goku, goku black, frieza, godku and of course super vegeta and armoured trunks (not including awakening goku since he did have shading) but literally every ssj release has still had hair shading and the "plastic faces" mentioned arent noticeable in person and tbh I prefer it as its more anime accurate, especially the eyes, plus they used to go WAY ott with shading.

What im saying is that the older releases were far from perfect and had way worse design choices than what we are seeing now like cheeto ssj3 goku, or ANY Goku with his monkey arms and shoulders that stick out like blades, then theres the QC on some of the older figures like that fabled scouter Vegeta you both mentioned, who cant even stand up straight because of his loose hips, or the og frieza with his stick out ball joint at the hip. I could go on. The new ones may have some slight paint app bleeding for example, but none of them fall over from their own weight because the joints cant handle it :p

Its getting to the stage where, sure, we arent happy with some choices, but we cant at the same time look back with rose-tinted glasses and say they used to be perfect, they werent.

im with you on that deano. I also forgot about the loose hip problem with OG scouter vegeta too since i fixed mine a long time ago lol. Overall although there's alot of corner cutting, the overall products arent as bad, but they could be better. We know tamashii can knock out of the park if they want, and i think that's where all the anger and disappointment comes from. They keep releasing decent or okay figures when we're expecting them to full 100 on it and it feels like wasted potential. But overall the newer releases have better articulation and proportions. I dont think yamcha and tien wouldve came out as good as they are if they had released them in the 1.0 days.

Also agree that faces are more accurate, they use to sculpt the eyes etc and paint them in and then they switched to tampagraphed eyes, and faces look much better imo. I also think the SDCC 2011 goku hair shading is way over done, looks like candy corn (although i still wouldnt mind having it for my collection lol) and the SWA goku shading is much better (which is why i used it as the head for my custom SDCC 2011 goku).

Dont get me wrong guys, i love my collection, 1.0 and 2.0's, but the old figures are very dated. Heck we now have a goku body mold that can even do the goku vs vegeta (or gohan vs super buu) pose! the 1.0 body could never dream of doing that pose! likewise 2.0 scouter vegeta can pull off his stance much more convincingly and naturally as well (although there are inaccuracies to his proportions and he def needs some detailing).

P.S. i forgot who keeps mentioning that the kanji symbols are beige? but i dont see it? it might look slightly gray to me but it doesnt bother me tbh, or it could be the base color (orange) is darker and could be leaking through the white background making it possibly appear beige? but i really dont see the beige at all and it's also the first time im hearing this complaint, or maybe im mildly color blind lol :lol

People are just upset Sh is releasing updated figures, so they hate on the new stuff. :chase

2cIb2cb.gif
I mean really? Sure the old ones had small problems, but you expect Tamashii to constantly improve. They did a really good job with the SSj Goku 2.0 but they've been slipping ever since. the ankles are worse than the older figures other than Goku and the paint jobs are starting to get embarrassingly bad compared to the older figures. to make matters worse , people seem to really try to down play the older figures to make the new ones look better than they really are. The only figure that had a really bad problem when this line started was the SSj3 Goku and scouter Vegeta as his legs were stupid loose. For the life of me, I can't see how these 2.0 bodies are all that much better than the 1.0's other than the slightly tighter joints, slightly stronger and a minimal improvement in articulation which is often hit or miss. Hopefully, they make an evil Buu and Krillin 2.0 real soon so I can get out of this line.

I agree that the 2.0s are overall better, but it’s obvious that they are still cutting corners in terms of production quality. It’s like a “2 steps forward, 1 step back” deal

I think that the 2.0's have a better likeness to the characters they're portraying, but the originals have much better details. The lack of detail on the newer figures is kind of annoying, but I still think they're awesome figures

I mean really? Sure the old ones had small problems, but you expect Tamashii to constantly improve. They did a really good job with the SSj Goku 2.0 but they've been slipping ever since. the ankles are worse than the older figures other than Goku and the paint jobs are starting to get embarrassingly bad compared to the older figures. to make matters worse , people seem to really try to down play the older figures to make the new ones look better than they really are. The only figure that had a really bad problem when this line started was the SSj3 Goku and scouter Vegeta as his legs were stupid loose. For the life of me, I can't see how these 2.0 bodies are all that much better than the 1.0's other than the slightly tighter joints, slightly stronger and a minimal improvement in articulation which is often hit or miss. Hopefully, they make an evil Buu and Krillin 2.0 real soon so I can get out of this line.

Well, I have the OG and the 2.0 figures and I think both have some attributes. Aside from the shading, I don't think the OG figure have any advantages. Look at those sculpts. I don't mind it though, because the animation on the show also changed over the years, so I think of the old figures as a representation of those changes, but I do think the new sculpts are better. Still, I wish the final products looked more like the prototypes.

(not my pic)
JM3mdYZ.jpg

yeah because those ugly knees and those horrible shoulders of the originals make them better

also forgot to mention though, any of you guys feel it wouldve been better for character's like vegeta if they had done his crotch/hip area like the kamen rider 2.0's? more specifically ones like kamen rider kuuga?

shf kuuga seihou.jpg

idk if any of you with photoshop powers can do an edit w/majin vegeta with those hips?

Tamashii when they are inevitably forced to create a new mold for SS4 Vegeta

tenor.gif

Ok, I get where you are both coming from, but its far from as bad as you are both trying to say. Sure, there isnt as much in the way of shading, but even with that we have had some amazing releases since we moved to the 2.0 mold. some examples are ssj3 Goku, goku black, frieza, godku and of course super vegeta and armoured trunks (not including awakening goku since he did have shading) but literally every ssj release has still had hair shading and the "plastic faces" mentioned arent noticeable in person and tbh I prefer it as its more anime accurate, especially the eyes, plus they used to go WAY ott with shading.

What im saying is that the older releases were far from perfect and had way worse design choices than what we are seeing now like cheeto ssj3 goku, or ANY Goku with his monkey arms and shoulders that stick out like blades, then theres the QC on some of the older figures like that fabled scouter Vegeta you both mentioned, who cant even stand up straight because of his loose hips, or the og frieza with his stick out ball joint at the hip. I could go on. The new ones may have some slight paint app bleeding for example, but none of them fall over from their own weight because the joints cant handle it :p

Its getting to the stage where, sure, we arent happy with some choices, but we cant at the same time look back with rose-tinted glasses and say they used to be perfect, they werent.

Sure you make valid points. I’ve been collecting this line since 2014 and have almost every figure, and I definitely see what your saying with Gokus strange fin arms, Scouter Vegeta not standing, etc. Joint stiffness and articulation have both improved leaps and bounds I won’t deny that. I just want the production product to look like the prototype. I know this wasn’t the case with the older figures either but when I have a figure on pre order for months, expecting it to look SOMEWHAT like the prototype I made my purchase based off of, and then we end up with the final version like Majin Vegeta (no shading, inconsistent paint finish), it’s a bit of a let down. I will say I think that did a fantastic job with Black, but again he has some nice shading. Idk I just am sick of how hit or miss the releases have become. This line has SO much potential and I’ve seen it said here before, there’s always something that tamashii misses that prevents the figure from being perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People are just upset Sh is releasing updated figures, so they hate on the new stuff. :chase

2cIb2cb.gif

I think it’s nice they took the time to go back and release updated versions, but I find myself liking the OGs more than the new ones in most cases. It’s just my personal preference. I’m not hating on the new ones, I own almost all of them. I’m pointing out observations that I think all of us here can agree on, the newer releases typically don’t have as much shading. Some people like that and some people don’t. More power to you if that’s what you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

960E37B9-052C-4357-AC2F-BB100CC355FE.jpeg

As for the other Dragon Balls we know Bulma is coming with one, I predict we’re gonna get Piccolo so we can recreate this scene

4186464E-BD96-432D-957D-B16557E2CD43.jpeg

That leaves 2, so I’m guessing the Pilaf gang (all 3 characters in 1 release since they don’t require a lot of materials) and Yamcha

When is that Captain Ginyu supposed to ship? I’m dying to see what it looks like in hand

When is that Captain Ginyu supposed to ship? I’m dying to see what it looks like in hand

It says it’ll be released the end of June+ couple weeks for shipping. They said in my order confirmation that they’ll notify me when it’s been sent.

I have Manga Piccolo, Manga Goku, Manga Gohan, Perfect Cell, Scouter Vegeta, Krillin, Goku, C17, Broly, Armor Trunks, SSJ Vegeta 2.0, Resurrection Frieza, Majin Vegeta, ZERO 100% Frieza, and Super Dragon Stars Jiren. I can take some pictures of Ginyu with them when he arrives.

Back