S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1530276246209.jpg

Wish tamashii still applied the matte look with washes / highlights or whatever you call the paint on the skin on their first releases. Those look like it jumped out of the cartoon while the latest releases seem bland on the paint app side and more plastic-y looking.

Custom but I expect the official product to look nearly identical anyway.. probably with a bigger head

BE392292-74D4-4A3C-9088-660B6957CA7F.jpeg

I'd say so because we see it, I don't see that hand coming with the normal release.

What are the chances this krillin is usable scalewise in the DBZ line? I'd really hope so.

I'd say so because we see it, I don't see that hand coming with the normal release.

What are the chances this krillin is usable scalewise in the DBZ line? I'd really hope so.

None. His body will fit fine, as Goku's. But his head... His head will be MASSIVE.

And I really hope the next DB release can be Piccolo Daimao or bandit Yamcha.

Yeah guess you're right. I think piccolo has a good chance because so far they're doing everything from their last survey. Which somone here already expected a while back, Angelo iirc. Wonder how they'll scale Daimao.

So how many characters do we have that come with the Dragon Balls? I think the intention is that the whole original "Dragon Ball" labeled figures will come with one.

1. Kid Goku
2. Roshi
3. Bulma
4. Kid Krillin
5. (Possibly Piccolo Daimao)
6. (Possibly Bandit Yamcha)
7. (Possibly Tournament Tien...or Piccolo Jr/2.0..or Launch?)

I think Tamashii is going to round this out to 7...so let the speculation begin!

I think Bandit Yamcha is a strong chance as that rounds out the "original crew" of Goku, Krillin, Roshi and Bulma. Plus they already have most of the parts made (they can reuse the head, arms, and pelvis/upper legs). I agree that it's hard to NOT have Piccolo Daimao as he was probably THE major villain of the whole Dragon Ball original series. The last spot is a mystery...it could be a reasonable place to put a Piccolo 2.0 but I don't think Tamashii would base it on his Junior look, they'd try to make a more "modernized" Piccolo but make sure it fits with the rest of the gang. Some odd stretches might be Launch, Tournament Tien (don't think so on this one), Yajarobe, and possibly even Chichi.

I'd even wager MAAAAAYBBBEEE Raditz. But it's a stretch.

Wish tamashii still applied the matte look with washes / highlights or whatever you call the paint on the skin on their first releases. Those look like it jumped out of the cartoon while the latest releases seem bland on the paint app side and more plastic-y looking.

This is why I’ve stopped collecting figuarts. The new releases look cheap and plasticy but the prices continue to climb. I think one of their best paint jobs was the original scouter Vegeta. I also love the shading in the hair of original ss Vegeta and Trunks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why I’ve stopped collecting figuarts. The new releases look cheap and plasticy but the prices continue to climb. I think one of their best paint jobs was the original scouter Vegeta. I also love the shading in the hair of original ss Vegeta and Trunks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OG Scouter Vegeta FTW! Shading on 2011 SDCC Goku's hair was awesome, too. I feel like this line is destined for collector's fatigue soon if they keep up with low quality releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ok, I get where you are both coming from, but its far from as bad as you are both trying to say. Sure, there isnt as much in the way of shading, but even with that we have had some amazing releases since we moved to the 2.0 mold. some examples are ssj3 Goku, goku black, frieza, godku and of course super vegeta and armoured trunks (not including awakening goku since he did have shading) but literally every ssj release has still had hair shading and the "plastic faces" mentioned arent noticeable in person and tbh I prefer it as its more anime accurate, especially the eyes, plus they used to go WAY ott with shading.

What im saying is that the older releases were far from perfect and had way worse design choices than what we are seeing now like cheeto ssj3 goku, or ANY Goku with his monkey arms and shoulders that stick out like blades, then theres the QC on some of the older figures like that fabled scouter Vegeta you both mentioned, who cant even stand up straight because of his loose hips, or the og frieza with his stick out ball joint at the hip. I could go on. The new ones may have some slight paint app bleeding for example, but none of them fall over from their own weight because the joints cant handle it :p

Its getting to the stage where, sure, we arent happy with some choices, but we cant at the same time look back with rose-tinted glasses and say they used to be perfect, they werent.

Back