S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They need a different pose. It looks weird having Trunks smile while petting a broken sword. They should have used an angry/distraught expression.

1aa1f7b3edfec030728b928d9be74e24.jpg

Saw the new Frieza at the store, lots of QC issue with paint, definitely doesn’t look as awesome as promo photos [emoji23]. This is getting ridiculous with their over the top photoshop advertised figures.

Saw the new Frieza at the store, lots of QC issue with paint, definitely doesn’t look as awesome as promo photos [emoji23]. This is getting ridiculous with their over the top photoshop advertised figures.

Mine doesn't have any QC issues to note must be isolated. There seems to be tiny bit more blue shading on his left chest than the right but it evens out fine in certain lighting.

Other than that, he's a stellar release. As for Majin Vegeta, well... :dunno

I prefer the look from this video though. Makes more sense to me when posing Trunks with his broken sword.

https://youtu.be/WNRhiw33emo

What Tonito is saying though is that they didnt just choose a random pose, it did actually happen in the show, regardless of what you prefer. Sorry to be blunt, but theres no point complaining about a promo pic. Tamashii needs to find ways to promote each accessory and face afterall.

Mines is fine, better QC-wise than the original infact. Like Caped said, isolated issue I would say.

Amazon actually packed my Goku Black figures decently this time. They actually included air bubbles this time around...

Last time I got Kid Goku and there were NO air-bubbles to fill the space and two of the figures' boxes were in pretty bad shape. Thankfully their customer service is pretty great and they gave me a $35 partial-refund.

They've done a crappy job before so this is the second time I've complained....hopefully the last time. I think they should offer some "collector-level" packaging...where they take a little extra time to make sure the items are packed well...maybe adding an extra day or two to your shipping time for PRIME members. I'd happily welcome this option instead of getting destroyed figure boxes.

Some may say "Then order from another retailer"...well, for those that had Frieza on pre-order...Amazon dropped his price to $36!!!!! That's not comparable to some of the other retailers, Amazon drops the prices on figures occasionally (saving from a few cents to a couple dollars). The only other reputable e-tailers I know that regularly sells below MSRP are ToyzintheBox and eKnightMedia. I used to also go with MHToyShop and anime-island but they both went under.

not 100% confirmed but I'm reading a few postings of Trunks being a Web Exclusive

With all the hype they are creating with these "world first" promos I doubt thats the case, but then again, this is the same company that all of a sudden doesnt seem to care about their overseas customers with all the news of them cutting production for Bluefin constantly.

Also, im surprised anyone here expects anything close to the promo pics at this point. Thats never been the case folks.

With all the hype they are creating with these "world first" promos I doubt thats the case, but then again, this is the same company that all of a sudden doesnt seem to care about their overseas customers with all the news of them cutting production for Bluefin constantly.

Also, im surprised anyone here expects anything close to the promo pics at this point. Thats never been the case folks.

Agreed. Something tells me Trunks is going to be "off" someway or somehow with his final release.

I think this is a case of Japanese Culture meets International Market & Demand.

The top brass at Bandai appears to turn a blind-eye to recognizing the expanding popularity of the Dragon Ball line. And I think the "respect your boss/elders" Japanese culture plays into this as a lot of the upper echelon of management is either NOT listening to their people who are trying to make them aware of this OR the people-who-are-aware aren't saying much because they don't want to "offend". While it's not secret to us that Tamashii caters to their Japanese audience FIRST on the homefront, recognizing and expanding the worldwide production of these figures will only bolster their profits.

I also think Tamashii plays an overly cautious approach, I think part of this is because of IMMENSE failures on their part...and I'm only speaking on the Tamashii front (not knowing how their other business lines like normal Bandai, Namco video games, etc. are all going). One of their TREMENDOUS failures is their bad habit of picking up licenses and franchises, and nose-diving those lines on their figure selections. For example, how much did the Ninja Turtles, Super Mario, DC Injustice, etc. all cost Tamashii? Those are all mostly lines we've seen them give up on and/or make horrible character decisions that self-destructed the line. I also think the Xenoverse Trunks and Future Warrior were HUGE duds for the DBZ line. Once again, poor character foresight by Bandai...something they're notorious for.

Also, did they tend to OVER-PRODUCE on some figures? Such as the Armored Trunks, SSJ Vegeta 2.0, Premium Vegeta, etc.? Those figures are still readily available... maybe Bandai is getting some flack on that as they hit with higher price-points and now dealers have extra stock.

From my understanding, Bandai USA functions near-independently of the bigger Namco Bandai in Japan...hence why you never hear of a shortage of their products. Though please correct me if I'm wrong...I don't collect anything from Bandai USA.

I think they should offer some "collector-level" packaging...where they take a little extra time to make sure the items are packed well...maybe adding an extra day or two to your shipping time for PRIME members. I'd happily welcome this option instead of getting destroyed figure boxes.

It's not beneficial for Amazon to offer that service.

I think this is a case of Japanese Culture meets International Market & Demand.

The top brass at Bandai appears to turn a blind-eye to recognizing the expanding popularity of the Dragon Ball line. And I think the "respect your boss/elders" Japanese culture plays into this as a lot of the upper echelon of management is either NOT listening to their people who are trying to make them aware of this OR the people-who-are-aware aren't saying much because they don't want to "offend". While it's not secret to us that Tamashii caters to their Japanese audience FIRST on the homefront, recognizing and expanding the worldwide production of these figures will only bolster their profits.

Bandai has organized a multi-city tour across North America to commemorate the popularity of the series and are using Tamashii Nations products as their exclusives. They're well aware of where it's most popular and where their major source of income comes from.

False advertisement!!!

Joke aside, these figures aren’t cheap. There’s no need to defend Tamashii in anyway. They’re not your typical $5-20 Toys. They’re $50 and upward, the least expected for paying that much is consistency as well as well made figure. Honestly, if it wouldn’t be for nice figure like Goku Black and others in between now and then, I would have stopped buying already.

Bandai has organized a multi-city tour across North America to commemorate the popularity of the series and are using Tamashii Nations products as their exclusives. They're well aware of where it's most popular and where their major source of income comes from.

That's true...but then why not make enough product to meet the demand of your major source of income (the international market)? Why have repetitive shortages? Maybe having it occur with one or two releases is understandable...but it's happening with more than that.

It's like they're showing off all the merchandise at these shows and then later telling the North American market: "Sorry, but there might not be enough for ALL of you". They already play that game with their various prototypes.

Went ahead and snagged the Super Trunks from BBTS. The price was just too good to pass up. He’s gonna go great in the DBZ section of my display. :clap

Back