S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I've said before...Future Trunks has the potential to be the best release in the line. :lol

That's true...but then why not make enough product to meet the demand of your major source of income (the international market)? Why have repetitive shortages? Maybe having it occur with one or two releases is understandable...but it's happening with more than that.

It's like they're showing off all the merchandise at these shows and then later telling the North American market: "Sorry, but there might not be enough for ALL of you". They already play that game with their various prototypes.

While it's only speculative, I don't find it to be a mere coincidence that these newer releases and their allocations happen to correspond with the upcoming Dragon Ball Tour.

If they fix that horrid elbow joint, which is reused from the game figures, then I’ll probably grab him. Personally though, the Cell saga Trunks is my favorite. Still cool that he comes with the spirit sword!

I can't believe Tamashii is making good on exactly what we'd hoped for with this figure. So cool.
We have at least two different faces for both the SSJ and regular head so far, right?

They never seem to fail with Trunks. Every release has multiple forms and good accessories. Wish they would carry that to every other character too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That leads me to believe that we could possibly be getting Fused Zamasu at some point

They never seem to fail with Trunks. Every release has multiple forms and good accessories. Wish they would carry that to every other character too

Their previous attempts weren’t perfect. I don’t have the Xenoverse version, so I can’t speak much to that one. However, the future Trunks and Premium Color Trunks both have an issue with the sword sheath. The strap is a tad short and has a difficult time fitting properly.

And Super Trunks has no alternate face plates for the powered down head. Which is just weird, since it was designed to allow face swapping.

Lettuce not forget that this hair was also omitted

B8B5BA57-B64E-4FBE-A5E6-A4A27DFC393E.jpeg

Wow, that hair is amazing. But the mouth looks really weird... I didn't know they made that and left it out of the final release.

I'm probably the only one who has no interest in seeing that hair mold being released for the Cell Saga Future Trunks. The only moment he had with that hair was getting his ass beat by Cell Jrs. Wouldn't mind seing an Ultra Super Saiyan Future Trunks with a more accurate hair mold though.

I can't believe Tamashii is making good on exactly what we'd hoped for with this figure. So cool.
We have at least two different faces for both the SSJ and regular head so far, right?

Correct. That may be all we get tough.

I can see them releasing this as an event exclusive. If not they could easily retool Trunks to buff him up and just release a definitive Super Trunks. I really hope that hair isn’t lost forever [emoji24]

When they run out of ideas for figure releases, I can almost guarantee we will see a full-power Final Form Frieza, full-power Perfect Cell, Super Vegeta and Ascended Trunks.

It will be a looong time before they ever run out of ideas my fren... we’re getting at least 4 more Dragon Ball figures (since Chibi Goku, Roshi & Bulma each come with a dragon ball.. wasn’t hard to connect the dots), we’ll probably get a couple figures based on the Dragon Ball Heroes anime special (in fact you can count on it), those prototypes of Champa/Vados are still TBD, not to mention Hit, Jiren, and all the other stand-outs from DBS, then finally when we’re in 2025 they’ll release SS4 Goku

It will be a looong time before they ever run out of ideas my fren... we’re getting at least 4 more Dragon Ball figures (since Chibi Goku, Roshi & Bulma each come with a dragon ball.. wasn’t hard to connect the dots), we’ll probably get a couple figures based on the Dragon Ball Heroes anime special (in fact you can count on it), those prototypes of Champa/Vados are still TBD, not to mention Hit, Jiren, and all the other stand-outs from DBS, then finally when we’re in 2025 they’ll release SS4 Goku

and Buutenks and Buuhan

DB heroes might be risky for Tamashii since there's no license for it in the west and it has almost no exposure overseas (they won't even release characters for the global version of Dokkan Battle, just strictly Japan).

Since I'm pretty sure the sales of the line are stronger in the west than they are in Japan, I can't see them releasing anything from Heroes knowing that it doesn't have a big market overseas.

Their bread and butter is Z, Super, DB and eventually we'll move into GT and more movie characters (though I want a THICCdroid 21 down the road :monkey3).

Oh, I know. It’s a long ways off. It will happen eventually though.

Once all of the retooled various looks and forms of these characters are done to death and some of the supporting characters have been given plentiful attention, as well as some obscure characters here and there, I’m sure we’ll be hitting the bottom of the well. That’s even including the vast character roster from Super and potentially whatever comes next.

I wonder how many redesigns and innovations the line will go through by the time it comes to an end? It’s neat to think about and oddly... the Figuarts Dragon Ball series is the only line that’s ever had me ponder this. Well, except maybe Hot Toys. :lol

Back