S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, so disappointed with these releases. This might be the nail in the coffin for my figuarts collecting days. I was already moving towards just collecting resin statues only but this kills it for me. I may be selling my collection soon so if anyone is interested pm me. I have all releases up to current except for SDCC 2012 Goku.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww man i have to buy tickets to otakon just to get 1 figure? Bummer. It sucks for people in cali, because from what i’ve seen, SDCC tickets are sold out
It sucks big time. My wife and I intentionally stopped going to SDCC about 6 years ago or so simply because it became so damned crowded. My kids were excited to go to the "Dragonball Tour" because, you know, I assumed it would be a tour and not just an add on to SDCC. It boggles the mind that they would tag this onto SDCC because SDCC is a cluster and they had to have known it sold out last year! This seriously feels like a punch to the gut. :mad:

Yeah, f### this s###. 4 exclusive items for a “tour” that turns out to just be booths at conventions? And on top of that, San Diego Comic Con has been sold out for a while. Ugh.
Not even exaggerating when I say I am pissed about this. My 9 & 13 year old have been checking the Dragonball Tour webpage all the time and they are excited for it. Christopher was even making up the exclusive characters he is going to get for Fighter Z and Gregory started saving his lawn mowing money for Broly. They seriously screwed people who live in CA.

Last edited:
I just don’t get why they are making another Cell. I would’ve preferred a slight retooling of Ultimate Gohan but painted purple, so that we could appropriately pair it up with Broly

I just don’t get why they are making another Cell. I would’ve preferred a slight retooling of Ultimate Gohan but painted purple, so that we could appropriately pair it up with Broly

Good call, Crisis; Movie 10 Gohan would have been awesome.

Are all three of those figures going to be at SDCC, or is it spread out to other cons?

That Cell was a complete waste of time.

It sucks big time. My wife and I intentionally stopped going to SDCC about 6 years ago or so simply because it became so damned crowded. My kids were excited to go to the "Dragonball Tour" because, you know, I assumed it would be a tour and not just an add on to SDCC. It boggles the mind that they would tag this onto SDCC because SDCC is a cluster and they had to have known it sold out last year! This seriously feels like a punch to the gut. :mad:

I really thought this was going to be like tamashii world tour from last year. Could’ve been like an improvement, since the tamashii world tour was only in new york in the USA. Instead they make even harder for some people to get the figures

Tamashii's Exclusives are ridiculous this year. Pacific Rim: Uprising variants, that barely anybody gives a **** about but it seems Tamashii is going hard on it, Jason David Frank and August St. John head molds, which sucks that they're SDCC Exclusives but Tamashii needs to get them out before Hasbro takes over, Black/Green/Gold Megazord, don't know what those colors are meant to represent, and all the Dragon Ball, which Bandai/Tamashii will hopefully put a limit on unless Bluefin is in charge of them.

Tamashii's Exclusives are ridiculous this year. Pacific Rim: Uprising variants, that barely anybody gives a **** about but it seems Tamashii is going hard on it, Jason David Frank and August St. John head molds, which sucks that they're SDCC Exclusives but Tamashii needs to get them out before Hasbro takes over, Black/Green/Gold Megazord, don't know what those colors are meant to represent, and all the Dragon Ball, which Bandai/Tamashii will hopefully put a limit on unless Bluefin is in charge of them.

Yeah, they're going super hard on SDCC this year. If you or anyone has ever been to SDCC, you already know how lame that line has already been.

Now, they're going to have more exclusives than ever before. That booth/line is going to be chaotic.

That Cell is hideous [emoji37]

The only one I wanna get is Vegito just in case they never revisit him again. I think they will but I’m keeping him as insurance. The aura is cool too but that should definitely be a regular release since it’s such a common aura color. All the other exclusives can burn in HFIL

Why are they doing what they are doing right now? None of this makes sense. The last 3 figures to be released sold out of preorders a month or 2 ahead of release. I feel like they are making the same overall number of figures as they were last year, but the numbers are spread thinly across many new and growing properties in addition to all the old ones. How many different characters are they releasing for Infinity War? The Dragon Ball line went from what, 5-6 released a year to how many now? Are we at 20 yet with all these s#$%%y con exclusives?

When I started collecting these, I only needed to catch up on a couple older figures but I began pre-ordering new ones immediately upon being available. After I started noticing lower prices after release on a few characters, I started pre-ordering closer and closer to release date. Never after that had I missed retail price or better on a fig besides con exclusives. Until Black. Now Majin Vegeta? And Frieza? Are you effing kidding!?

Ss4 Goku will be a super exclusive small capacity event only piece, limited to 500. Bet. I'm seriously debating selling them and not looking back at this point. These things are amazing and I want two of them all, but I shouldn't have to decide between pre-ordering 3+ months in advance or paying scalper prices for releases like these. And now 3 exclusive figs at the same time!? And they are not just a "same fig different box" like kaioken and namek Goku!?

This has that Nintendo style "scarcity tactic" written all over it. The critical differentiating point though, is that Bandai? Tamashii? Bluefin? (whoever makes these god-awful decisions, maybe Toriyama himself...) have this whole "no re-release unless it's different" policy that makes such a vicious scalper market possible. Did they run out of plastic? Do they have to shut down production on each figure much quicker than before because of how many different figs they do now? Why? How does the overpriced, third party reseller market benefit them?

Sorry. Long frustrating day at work and all this nonsense at the back of my mind the whole time.

Rant finished...

Yay for the mini series? for the video game though. That's cool.

blogness said:
When I started collecting these, I only needed to catch up on a couple older figures but I began pre-ordering new ones immediately upon being available. After I started noticing lower prices after release on a few characters, I started pre-ordering closer and closer to release date. Never after that had I missed retail price or better on a fig besides con exclusives. Until Black. Now Majin Vegeta? And Frieza? Are you effing kidding!?

It was the same for me! I may have to be more careful and start to PO at least one. If I find it for less after release date then I may pick up too.

Last year sdcc, the lines weren’t that bad and they produced a lot of Kaiohken Goku, his price has been steady for quite a while after sdcc release.

Oh, the red and green ranger unmasked figures are SDCC? Thats annoying.

Sadly, it makes sense. There's probably no desire for them to be released in Japan so Tamashii is using SDCC as their gateway for the Western Market to have them. Hopefully they're producing a lot even though it's an SDCC Exclusive.

Yeah, they're going super hard on SDCC this year. If you or anyone has ever been to SDCC, you already know how lame that line has already been.

Now, they're going to have more exclusives than ever before. That booth/line is going to be chaotic.

I get the MMPR releases since Hasbro is taking over next year. This is Tamashii's last opportunity.

I've heard that the line is ridiculous with just 1 Exclusive so for now, what, 9 Exclusives? :panic:

Yup yup. Until Goku Black, i never struggled to get a release. Usually i would wait till release and get the figures off ebay or amazon. Now i’m scared that if i don’t preorder, i won’t see that figure in my collection. Prices doubling before release or on release is ridiculous. And preordering doesn’t even guarantee you’ll even get it based off of all the people who got their orders cancelled

The only pre-orders, to me, that seem the closest to guaranteed are Toyz in the Box, Ageless Geeks, and other Facebook reputable sellers. There may be others but, over the past year, it seems that the retailers are becoming very few and far between.

The only pre-orders, to me, that seem the closest to guaranteed are Toyz in the Box, Ageless Geeks, and other Facebook reputable sellers. There may be others but, over the past year, it seems that the retailers are becoming very few and far between.

I agree, I’ve always preordered just because I like getting it out of the way.

BBTS, Ageless, And Facebook groups are the way to go. Bbts takes longer to ship but you get your figures. If you want to buy on release the eBay is your best bet as soon as they are released in Japan. You’ll just pay and extra 15-25 depending. But eBay always has a $15-$20 discount at some point.

I was hoping this years SDCC Exclusive would be anime colors Nappa, but now we’ll probably be waiting a couple more years for that to happen. Next year’s it will be something weird & completely random once again, like a variant of Xenoverse Trunks or some nonsense

They're going to wait until Nappa is difficult to obtain before they release either a SDCC Exclusive or Premium Color release.

I agree, I’ve always preordered just because I like getting it out of the way.

BBTS, Ageless, And Facebook groups are the way to go. Bbts takes longer to ship but you get your figures. If you want to buy on release the eBay is your best bet as soon as they are released in Japan. You’ll just pay and extra 15-25 depending. But eBay always has a $15-$20 discount at some point.

I forgot about BBTS. I feel they've really stepped up their game lately.

Back