S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why the hell would you decrease production on a line that's becoming increasingly popular by the day?? Makes no sense to me....

On a better note, I had to go to Indiana today for work and saw there was a think geek store on my way home. Never been to one before so I thought I'd check it out, and it was awesome! So many cool figures. I saw they had some figuarts and saw Kid Goku, so I couldn't resist. He's such an awesome figure, happy to finally have him in the collection (I know I'm late, I'm probably the last one in this group to get him haha).

Also, here's an update of my displays with him and a couple newer figures I've gotten
b87a5e2e8dae5d18baddfde2f2060e5b.jpg
702782be7bbcb8ac9aea664ba86861aa.jpg
edbf9e4b8d3b4ba7962f843564ff30d4.jpg
18a71dacc00dc0cbe7e11a77875420b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I recall a while ago Bluefiin tweeting a picture of the Universe 6 lineup & saying “if you guys had to choose 1, which would it be?” or something like that. Does anyone else remember seeing that

Excellent displays, Wander! :rock

I recall a while ago Bluefiin tweeting a picture of the Universe 6 lineup & saying “if you guys had to choose 1, which would it be?” or something like that. Does anyone else remember seeing that

Yeah, that went nowhere because Bluefin doesn't control what Tamashii makes. Not really sure why they asked that other than to troll fans. :lol

What the *** is Bandai doing?

View attachment 407232

Maybe the vendor orders aren't what they were anticipating for the figures? That $10-$20 price-hike that the line has gone through the past year or so is definitely going to affect sales. Especially those casual fans that were grabbing figures here-and-there...they're less reluctant to spend $60 than they were $40. Bandai also tends to "jump the gun" on their decision-making...similar to their poor character choices on figure-lines and inadvertently killing some of their licenses. Maybe this is some early panic? Maybe Bandai is overestimating their numbers?

Other possible factors:

-Frieza is mostly a repaint with some new head-sculpts...so there might be some folks that are happy with the original Frieza. Also, villains are "less popular" in Japan than they are internationally...so that could possibly factor in as well, but I feel Frieza is probably one of the most popular anime villains even in Japan.

-Some people might just be happy with the regular SSJ Vegeta 2.0 as THEIR Vegeta figure, also...the lazy re-use of the Super Saiyan head is kind of being frowned upon. Maybe some people are just "waiting" to pre-order since he's so far out?

-Roshi...more so a minor character now. I don't expect sales for him to be strong at all. I'm actually a little surprised they're doing him...

Last edited:
I honestly wouldn’t panic at least for the standard release figures. It’s probably just a simple underproduction issue maybe having to do with resources and material shortage or something like that. I’m sure once everything’s sorted out, the original allocations will be fulfilled. For now they may be having to cut back but I’m sure everything will return to normal later on and stocks will be replenished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

144ef1cc2d14d35df5f1c80f85a05fb6.jpg

Got my Goku Blacks today [emoji4]

Luckily I preordered mine on Toyz way back when he was first announced. Only needed two, no more no less. Solid figure and the colors have a nice contrast with each other. I’m digging the effect part too. Can’t wait for the eventual Zamasu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Majin Vegeta turned out so bad, I hate the glossy finish compared to the matte in the prototype. The whole figure looks cheap as a result and the shading is just awful. In addition with no new hair sculpt or accessories I'm cancelling my pre order, and its annoying because this was my most anticipated figure this year.:gah: Here's a comparison between prototype and final product.

PrototypeDragonball-Figuarts-2017-13.jpgDFJphYrUAAUDMIw.jpg

Final Product:monkey4

Still getting it, unfortunately. I already paid in full, lol. I can always add a matte finish to the outfit. Not sure why he has almost no paint shading though. Seems even lazier than normal.

What is going on with Tamashii lately? If they let their standards sink much lower, no one is going to pay the prices they’re beginning to creep up to and then allocations of all their figures will drop even further. :slap

They are just cutting corners to minimize cost while keeping steady profit. Compare OG Scouter Vegeta to the new 1; the original had way more accessories, even came with a Stage Act 4 stand. These days we’ll be lucky if they decide to include that

Anyone expecting it to look like the proto must be new to the SH line. All their final products look somewhat glossy and the sculpts always look soft when compared to the sharp, detailed prototypes. There might be a few exceptions tho.

Maybe it will look less glossy in hand. I might cancel my preorder.

Majin Vegeta looks glossy because of the plastic used for the molding (at least from what I can tell in the blue body parts in the video). That sucks because he was one figure I was really looking forward to beside Goku Black.

b9af5651c8312be3144505b5562fbaa4.jpg

6218abcb4af34b6447ee9a57dc4d0262.jpg

I’m so glad I checked BBTS randomly a few days ago. Goku Black is such a looker, definitely one of my favorite figures.

Also, does anybody know how to remove that black speck on black’s forehead? It looks like he has a mole :/. I read somewhere you can use acetone, but i’m scared i’ll mess the face up

Ok, I have no doubt that the actual retail version of Majin Vegeta wont be as bad as that. Have you folks seen any of their other vids? They ALL look really shiny simply because of how strong their lights are. Godku looked horrible, ssj3 Goku looked horrible, Frieza looked chalk white, but they all came out fine. No need to over-analyse it...

b9af5651c8312be3144505b5562fbaa4.jpg

6218abcb4af34b6447ee9a57dc4d0262.jpg

I’m so glad I checked BBTS randomly a few days ago. Goku Black is such a looker, definitely one of my favorite figures.

Also, does anybody know how to remove that black speck on black’s forehead? It looks like he has a mole :/. I read somewhere you can use acetone, but i’m scared i’ll mess the face up

Try carefully picking it off with your nail, had the same thing with my godku and it came off fine. As long as you arent digging your nails into the face it should be ok.

Ok, I have no doubt that the actual retail version of Majin Vegeta wont be as bad as that. Have you folks seen any of their other vids? They ALL look really shiny simply because of how strong their lights are. Godku looked horrible, ssj3 Goku looked horrible, Frieza looked chalk white, but they all came out fine. No need to over-analyse it...

I agree. The Out of da Box videos that are provided by Distribuidora Animexico should only be used for articulation, scale, and accessory information.

I've rarely, if ever, seen displays with the lighting and contrast that are similar to the videos.

Agreed Big Deano.

I never base final judgement from their preview videos until I get my hands on it. Their videos always have the figures looking super glossy when in reality they aren't that bad.

He's going to be a great figure once he hits buyers hands.

Back