S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I'm hoping Gamestop doesn't pull the same crap. I preordered Goku Black a couple weeks ago from them once the hype went overboard. I've never once had to preorder a figuart to get it at retail, so if they do end up cancelling my order I'm gonna be really bummed out because there's no way I'll get it around retail with how inflated it is in the after market right now

Same email from Amazon for me. Maybe they're hoping enough ppl cancel to fulfill the ones that don't cancel.

Just received an Amazon cancellation email for my two Goku Black’s...bummer. Gonna try my luck with GameStop.

I went to the ThinkGeek stores a few weeks ago and the employee there showed me a list of PreOrders item and Goku Black was one of them, I didn’t think too much of it and went back to see if he was still available for PreOrder last week and they said no.

Kind of surprised GameStop still have him.

I got one from midtowncomics.com (big comicbook store based in NY), they shipped him out today. I never had an issue with my comic books from them, so I knew they were going to come through for me on the figure.

Hey everone be careful of the halo of frieza

Check this review the halo maybe easily broken

These recent productions have really confused me. Is the market much bigger than Tamashii calculates? Not that I want these to be shelf warmers but the past few releases have not stayed on the market for that long before selling out. The problem with that is mainly the Web Exclusives which won't be receiving future reissues.

These recent productions have really confused me. Is the market much bigger than Tamashii calculates? Not that I want these to be shelf warmers but the past few releases have not stayed on the market for that long before selling out. The problem with that is mainly the Web Exclusives which won't be receiving future reissues.

I think it's the "Dragon Ball Super" effect. The show only started airing in english last year and being a Japanese company, who generally cater to the local market first and then the rest of the world after, I don't think they had anticipated the international demand.

Before Super aired, many figures such as Golden Frieza, etc. were being marked down heavily all of the place. Fast forward to today and you'll be lucky to find one at retail. Black was the same. Nobody was interested when he was announced, because most casual fans hadn't seen him in the anime. Once he appeared in the english anime the whole world went mad.

I expect the same will happen again with Goku UI and Jiren. The hype is here now for the hardcore fanbase, but next year when the millions of casual fans watch it there will be another explosion.

Best to get anything Super related now, or it will be harder to find in the next 12-18 months.

Needing some help from the pros here.

Got that Scythe for Goku Black yesterday but he has no hands to hold it. I modded a KO SS Goku first and it holds the Scythe fine but I learned yesterday that the hold hand balljoints and holes are larger so it won't fit Black.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a figure that has hands that would hold this and fit the smaller balljoints?

Needing some help from the pros here.

Got that Scythe for Goku Black yesterday but he has no hands to hold it. I modded a KO SS Goku first and it holds the Scythe fine but I learned yesterday that the hold hand balljoints and holes are larger so it won't fit Black.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a figure that has hands that would hold this and fit the smaller balljoints?

Either Time Patroller or OG/PCE Trunks hands

I think it's the "Dragon Ball Super" effect. The show only started airing in english last year and being a Japanese company, who generally cater to the local market first and then the rest of the world after, I don't think they had anticipated the international demand.

Before Super aired, many figures such as Golden Frieza, etc. were being marked down heavily all of the place. Fast forward to today and you'll be lucky to find one at retail. Black was the same. Nobody was interested when he was announced, because most casual fans hadn't seen him in the anime. Once he appeared in the english anime the whole world went mad.

I expect the same will happen again with Goku UI and Jiren. The hype is here now for the hardcore fanbase, but next year when the millions of casual fans watch it there will be another explosion.

Best to get anything Super related now, or it will be harder to find in the next 12-18 months.

I think that would be understandable for Regular Releases but, since Goku Black was a Web Exclusive, distributors/retailers have had months to put in orders for Goku Black. Usually I would argue that Tamashii Nations misunderstands or inaccurately analyzes the Western Market but I'm not sure it's entirely their fault this go around.

I do agree about the Dragon Ball Super effect though. Casual Western fans who only watch through Toonami could possible be increasing the demand for the product. Since the appearance of Goku Black and Super Saiyan Rose on the Toonami dub, the orders for the product were already well completed. A possible solution would be to wait until after the Toonami dub to release Dragon Ball Super products to give the distributors/retailers a more accurate analysis of the market. It would explain why we're still continuing to see Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball releases. (Either that or Tamashii Nations is getting a giant wake up call through Goku Black with how popular Dragon Ball Super is in the market.)

What the *** is Bandai doing?

SmartSelectImage_2018-05-04-00-49-48.jpg

That's really strange, Bee Bee. At this rate, SHF DBZ is going to turn into a luxury line.

Flippers wet dream.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what's the reasoning behind it. This doesn't help the consumers if they have difficulty purchasing the product and it also doesn't help retailers who can't fulfill their orders.

It's still questionable as to why this is happening but the best alternative is to not give in to the madness of the higher pricing for a recently released product. Bluefin has a website with the recent pre-orders and has the pricing listed.

Back