S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only complaint is the proportion of the heads and the lack of holes for the halo. Other than that, I prefer this release over the original.

Yeah, they've really "reached" for a way out of their limited exclusives now haven't they.

To be fair to them though, I honestly can't see what else they could have done to improve on the original Frieza. And there's no way they were going to miss out on all that money with the hype super.

In fact following an article I read the other day, these figures (and other merchandise) actually pay for the animes production, so they were most likely forced to rescind the exclusivity.

Found an interesting question by Nicholas Lara on Facebook that could also be applied to this forum...

"Have you stopped to notice that since last year we have practically one figure a month? Taking into account that many do not collect only Dragon Ball, how does that affect your overall spending? Can you get everything you want or let some figures pass? Has the inevitable price increase of the figures affected your collection?"

For me, it's certainly made me make priorities among all my spending. Compared to a year or two ago, I don't collect nearly as much as I used to but I don't think Dragon Ball has been the reason. Partly, maybe, but it's always been a constant while other lines have sort of faded and newer ones have popped up.

I do think this line needs another "refreshing" point to it though. Super may be the answer to that but I think Tamashii needs to think about an overall display rather than only characters. Maybe some investment into energy effects or even dioramas.

Thanks for the review, Snake! By the way, have you ever done a video of your Resident Evil collection?

I really wish Tamashii, and to an even greater extent, most other toy manufacturers would include as many accessories as possible. Especially at the price points of today and those moving forward.

Not having the necessary hands, faces and weapons/effects is doing a disservice not only to your customer base, but also to yourself. Take pride in knowing you put out the best possible version of a figure that you could, at the time. You can always go back and update it, when the tech jumps a few leaps.

Great review, by the way. We definitely need a 2.0 Piccolo soon. He was in the previous Super arc. So, why not, right? I’m glad they retooled Frieza and, so, more people can enjoy that figure. We need a true 2.0 Piccolo though.

I really wish Tamashii, and to an even greater extent, most other toy manufacturers would include as many accessories as possible. Especially at the price points of today and those moving forward.

Not having the necessary hands, faces and weapons/effects is doing a disservice not only to your customer base, but also to yourself. Take pride in knowing you put out the best possible version of a figure that you could, at the time. You can always go back and update it, when the tech jumps a few leaps.

Great review, by the way. We definitely need a 2.0 Piccolo soon. He was in the previous Super arc. So, why not, right? I’m glad they retooled Frieza and, so, more people can enjoy that figure. We need a true 2.0 Piccolo though.

It isn't about pleasing the customers, it's about what gets them more money. If they can get away with making an essential accessory part of a different release, that's incentive for more people to buy it if they were either not interested or waffling on it. This is something that happens constantly with the Kamen Rider SHFs

Yeah, that’s been a shtick of toy companies, that specifically market collectibles, for a while now.

Playing fast and loose with that concept is okay, now and again. However, adopting that policy as something set in stone is still going to irritate some of your customers. They may or may not feel justified with a purchase, based on just that extra accessory alone. Now, if the quality takes a giant leap forward or the aesthetical design choices vastly improve... well, that’s another story.

So, my point still stands. It’s a disservice to all involved.

In the case of Goku Black, there isn’t likely a huge demand for his scythe, that I’m aware of. However, no one can sit and say he didn’t need a few more face plates.

... but I'm actually pretty let down by it.

Why the let down by it? Missing faces, accessories, etc?

Unless y’all are like “i want 1 for display, 1 to keep in the box, 1 to personally play with, another to display in his SSR form, 1 holding his energy sword, etc..”... wtf is that about :lol

Minimum 2 of every characters!!! [emoji28]

Thanks man. Yeah Piccolo is in desperate need of a new release. He was the very first figure of the line. Like c'mon now. It's very overdue.

Put a 2.0 version out with the makankosappo.

Why the let down by it? Missing faces, accessories, etc?

Minimum 2 of every characters!!! [emoji28]

Pretty much that. Not enough faces, and several factory defects. I can't get the Rose head to stay on the damn body. Ugly jagged cuts on his gi where they cut it from the mold. And one of them had a giant paint scratch on the inner part of one of the boots.

He could of come with the energy scythe. Tamashii has become so goddamn lazy. It's $20 more than most releases and you get less.

Yeah, that’s been a shtick of toy companies, that specifically market collectibles, for a while now.

Playing fast and loose with that concept is okay, now and again. However, adopting that policy as something set in stone is still going to irritate some of your customers. They may or may not feel justified with a purchase, based on just that extra accessory alone. Now, if the quality takes a giant leap forward or the aesthetical design choices vastly improve... well, that’s another story.

In the case of Goku Black, there isn’t likely a huge demand for his scythe, that I’m aware of. However, no one can sit and say he didn’t need a few more face plates.

A scythe would of been cool. Anything would of been welcome if they filled the box. But he comes with NOTHING.

Only one swappable face for each head? They're robbing us now.

Yeah I heard. I never really cared to know what the difference with the releases is honestly outside of comic con since I get all of them the same way.

Agreed on all accounts... I'm mostly a mecha collector and it happens all the time to where you won't finish getting the literally essential weapons for a main robot until you get two or three others. It happens in lines where the pieces are hundreds of dollars each, too. It's kind of a shame; I don't like companies going the build-a-figure route with essentials.

Also agreed on the faces. At least one more per head would have been nice. I may be in the minority with this thought, but I also wish that the "side eye" would be done with completely. These are really the only anime figures I collect anymore so I don't know if it's a thing but it really limits photography due to the viewpoints needed to make faces using it effective.

3-198.png

Side eye only makes any sense with Vegeta IMO. Making Armor Trunks only having that expression for the regular face was a huge error.

Got an email from Amazon this morning that my Goku Black order is delayed. No anticipated ship date. Wonderful.

A few number of people in a facebook group I'm in either got the message you received or their orders were cancelled.

Amazon up to their good old antics again

Back