S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven’t minded a lot of things in Super so far, with the exception of some of the retcons and a small portion of very minor characters introduced from other universes... that are a teansy bit obnoxious.

It won’t ever touch DBZ, but it’s had some great moments. I’m hoping tonight’s episode is gonna be good.

Watch it and you'll see what I mean.

I haven’t minded a lot of things in Super so far, with the exception of some of the retcons and a small portion of very minor characters introduced from other universes... that are a teansy bit obnoxious.

It won’t ever touch DBZ, but it’s had some great moments. I’m hoping tonight’s episode is gonna be good.

I haven't minded super either, but I agree it doesn't compare to DBZ. But some parts were cool. I like beerus and whis and some of the other new characters were interesting

Besides the introduction of Beerus/Gods and Goku Black; bar the ending... it's mostly plus or minus on par with DBGT.

And again... SS4 > All the God flavored color forms. It's the most out of the box thinking transformation we've seen for the Saiyans.

UI could of been perfect... but they **** it up turning it into another hair color powerup. Looks cool, but eh. SSG is regular hair, SSB sticks up, and UI is mussy. Who cares.

I actually admire the new transformations. I just really don’t like the direction they’ve seemingly taken with the hair color of Ultra Instinct. Silver blows ass as a hair color. White and grey is where it’s at. Omen has been one of my favorite Goku forms since he went SSJ though.

I think SSJ4 is cool and I’m glad I have the few figures representing the three separate characters who display the form, but GT was a mess. Some of the storylines were cool and interesting, but the colors and the character designs... ugh. The rocky animation quality is my biggest, consistent gripe with Super. It eclipses my severe disdain for some of the Universe characters and their tedious battles from the Tournament of Power.

I like the transformations, since I'm a sucker for hair color. :lol
Ep 130 had some beautiful animation, and I respect it as an unabashed showcase for action. That said, the action in Super, as a whole, doesn't feel quite as consequential to me as the action in DBZ did. Granted it's been a while since I've watched most of Z, but it feels like the characters were forced to switch up their tactics in Z more frequently than they've had to in Super. I could be trippin' though.

Honestly I thought that episode was epic as hell! I've been marathoning through dbz, and the action is great, but the speed of this fight (movements, combos etc) and the animation quality were superior in my opinion. Now super as a whole, I feel DBZ is superior to. But the fight in this episode was damn well made. Now I REALLY want an ultra instinct goku and Jiren figure hahah. I'll probably end up getting that neo shodo ultra instinct goku when that comes out. I'm interested to see how everything will wrap up in the next episode, 22 minutes doesn't seem like a long enough time to resolve this story!

Wished they'd give us a surprise Goten/Trunks special depicting their adventures while the Tournament of Power is taking place. 9 months is too long of a wait.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I was tired of them always cutting back to the Krillin/Roshi peanut gallery commenting the super-obvious. I don't get that. We, the audience, can literally SEE what's going on so why do they feel the need to tell us what just happened immediately after?

>Jiren's aura grows intensely and dashes at Goku
Krillin: Oh no! Jiren just powered up and is running towards Goku!!

I kept rolling my eyes, come on already. It's like the writers don't trust the viewers so they have to include them stating the obvious every 5 seconds. I found that really annoying. Just give us an episode of uninterrupted fighting for once.

I wish that after so many transformations, Goku and Jiren did something besides punching, Kicking, and Ki projection. Goku used to be more creative in DBZ, if I remember correctly. Frieza too. They used other abilities and a bit more strategy when fighting.

If they added some new abilities to the fights , it might make them more interesting and unique, but it's just more of the same on a larger scale. Just my two cents.

I wish that after so many transformations, Goku and Jiren did something besides punching, Kicking, and Ki projection. Goku used to be more creative in DBZ, if I remember correctly. Frieza too. They used other abilities and a bit more strategy when fighting.

If they added some new abilities to the fights , it might make them more interesting and unique, but it's just more of the same on a larger scale. Just my two cents.
I think the whole point of Ultra Instinct is to move without thinking. Strategy doesn't quite mesh with that.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Honestly I thought that episode was epic as hell! I've been marathoning through dbz, and the action is great, but the speed of this fight (movements, combos etc) and the animation quality were superior in my opinion. Now super as a whole, I feel DBZ is superior to. But the fight in this episode was damn well made. Now I REALLY want an ultra instinct goku and Jiren figure hahah. I'll probably end up getting that neo shodo ultra instinct goku when that comes out. I'm interested to see how everything will wrap up in the next episode, 22 minutes doesn't seem like a long enough time to resolve this story!
It’s more than enough time when you factor in that there’s only around 30 seconds remaining in the tournament. And then the upcoming movie is supposed to pick up where the tournament left off.

I was tired of them always cutting back to the Krillin/Roshi peanut gallery commenting the super-obvious. I don't get that. We, the audience, can literally SEE what's going on so why do they feel the need to tell us what just happened immediately after?

>Jiren's aura grows intensely and dashes at Goku
Krillin: Oh no! Jiren just powered up and is running towards Goku!!

I kept rolling my eyes, come on already. It's like the writers don't trust the viewers so they have to include them stating the obvious every 5 seconds. I found that really annoying. Just give us an episode of uninterrupted fighting for once.
I agree. In Dragon Ball Z, the characters always had some kind of unnecessary inner monologue. Sure, some of it likely helped expand their characters, but I don’t recall the Japanese version going quite as ham with that literary device.

In Super, they’ve relegated that to the obnoxious narration of lower tier supporting characters. Granted, there would still be commentary. A lot of it has just been thrown in for people who they feel either don’t want to use their imagination or only have a casual interest in the show and have no idea what’s really going on... so they need it explained to them.

Nappa is never happening. Stop trying to make it happen.

I was searching for the round about date for the SDCC announcement and saw this. :lol

Overall I like Super, it's the only series I watched from episode 1 to current. The one thing that bugs me is the animation. Like the 1st half of the episode would be poor animation, then that second half it's top notch. At least constant through the episode.

In a way, I'm kinda glad DBS is "ending." I mean honestly, where can they go from here? Goku is nigh-invincible at this point. He's the strongest fighter in all the universes (yeah i know there are still 4 that were exempt, but that doesn't mean **** because Goku will be made to be stronger than those fighters as well). What are they going to do, introduce a character that not even the ANGELS can defeat? So that means Goku must ascend even beyond Mastered Ultra Instinct, yet another transformation, rinse, repeat. People are already criticizing DBS' narrative as a whole so what can a new series do to make it better when DBS is the best they could come up with?

Apparently the new movie will take place immediately after, which I thought it was going to focus on the history of the original Saiyans, Yamoshi the original SSGod, etc. That's uncharted territory that had me intrigued. But nope, Goku is going to be the focus again :dunno

Back