S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what the vegetable pun on Yamoshi is...Are yams considered vegetables?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

The 2.0's have more efficient articulation than the originals. The "better paint applications," however, is arguable.

Yeah, they seem to have sacrificed paint apps for articulation in the budget. Its not as noticeable on the gi figures, but the armored ones suffer badly.

Alright guys I need some help. Recently I’ve really taken an interest to DBZ resin statues. Most of you know those are pretty expensive. My question is, should I sell my figuarts collection to help fund collecting resins? I would be sad to part with them as I have every release except for Sdcc 2011 Goku.

I need someone to knock some sense into me and give me some reasons why I should keep my figuarts collection! Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need someone to knock some sense into me and give me some reasons why I should keep my figuarts collection! Thanks guys.

1) Because it would make you sad.
2) Statues are nice and all, but in an animated medium as creative and epic as DBZ, it's kind of restrictive to have the characters stuck in a single pose, albeit an epic one. Articulated figures allow for a tremendous range of poses, dioramas and battle situations that you can create and modify over and over.
3) If you regret it one day (and in my experience you will), you'll have a lot of trouble (or expenses) getting those figures back again.

1) Because it would make you sad.
2) Statues are nice and all, but in an animated medium as creative and epic as DBZ, it's kind of restrictive to have the characters stuck in a single pose, albeit an epic one. Articulated figures allow for a tremendous range of poses, dioramas and battle situations that you can create and modify over and over.
3) If you regret it one day (and in my experience you will), you'll have a lot of trouble (or expenses) getting those figures back again.

Thanks for the input. Yes it certainly would not be easy getting them all back.

Personally i would only get statues of characters that are rare or unlikely to see an articulated release. Like Cooler or Gogeta or janemba. Meanwhile they could make 10 more SS3 Goku statues and everybody will just eat em up which boggles my mind

Alright guys I need some help. Recently I’ve really taken an interest to DBZ resin statues. Most of you know those are pretty expensive. My question is, should I sell my figuarts collection to help fund collecting resins? I would be sad to part with them as I have every release except for Sdcc 2011 Goku.

Sell everything Pre-Broly and a few choices after. Most of them have been or will be receiving updated versions.

Sell everything Pre-Broly and a few choices after. Most of them have been or will be receiving updated versions.

I’m thinking of selling my sdcc exclusives and a few others.

Does anyone know if there’s a forum for these resin statues?

Also, I moved recently so I have yet to unpack and display everything, but here’s what I’ve got so far.

93cebb785ccb1c4ec40fd133850c21a8.jpg

395e06a3fac437431abf5fc0a666cf72.jpg

436d9d6c2869caedc60db3b80955caf9.jpg

316d9fccb3e96a9bd09a665966dba132.jpg

e0c4fed66bf46a1e892ff8ab23a11289.jpg
9a99312973f6fd76d7bf57defd03e12d.jpg

And a few shots of my old set up
169c1fe46f9b7540d2be7bfcf585d9ce.jpg

012cbaff6ed11c1c7d3bfa0f1046f6b4.jpg

b187943c713188889f696c6d43ba783e.jpg

I’m thinking of selling my sdcc exclusives and a few others.

Does anyone know if there’s a forum for these resin statues?

I would say keep the Broly SDCC Exclusive. The only other one I would recommend is Super Saiyan Gohan. (Tamashii should've released the 1st appearance rather than the Father/Son Kamehameha version. Oh well.)

What others were you thinking of selling?

Not familiar with any forums about the resin statues but I know there's quite a couple of Facebook groups that show them off quite a lot. It seemed the Super Saiyan Rose Goku had many problems with its shipment. Many collectors seemed to have received them with the head snapped off.

Edited: Awesome displays! :clap

Also, I've noticed that you collected most of the Figuarts Zero EXs. Who would you like to see next? I'm hoping for Ultra Instinct Goku.

Hey man, this is just my take on selling. I sold my collection before. Had everything up until awaking Goku. I recently rebuilt thanks the 2.0 releases.

I agree with Angelo I'd sell everything up until Broly. But I'd keep krillin and the androids. I'd a pick a broly to keep and one to sell. I'd sell pc Vegeta and trunks, the xenoverse figures.

A lot of figures got 2.0's. So I'd sell the older versions.

As far as the sdcc figures it's up to you. I'd keep 2011 and piccolo. Maybe gohan to have a non bd version.

That's the best way I can think of getting rid of a majority but still having some in case you don't want to quit all together.

What are the chances of piccolo and krillin getting a 2.0?

I ask because the were the only z fighters I was missing. I ended up biting the bullet on krillin but I don't really want to shell out more then retail for an anime accurate piccolo.

Thoughts?

I would say keep the Broly SDCC Exclusive. The only other one I would recommend is Super Saiyan Gohan. (Tamashii should've released the 1st appearance rather than the Father/Son Kamehameha version. Oh well.)

What others were you thinking of selling?

Not familiar with any forums about the resin statues but I know there's quite a couple of Facebook groups that show them off quite a lot. It seemed the Super Saiyan Rose Goku had many problems with its shipment. Many collectors seemed to have received them with the head snapped off.

Edited: Awesome displays! :clap

Also, I've noticed that you collected most of the Figuarts Zero EXs. Who would you like to see next? I'm hoping for Ultra Instinct Goku.

Thanks man! I was thinking of selling 2015 namek Goku, Arlia Vegeta and possibly 2016 Broly. I’m just going to see how I do with the resins I have ordered right now and if I find myself in a pinch I’ll sell other figures. I have a lot of Berserk figmas and robot damashii Gundams. Maybe I’ll sell those first.

For figuarts Zero Ex I would LOVE to have a Perfect Cell or Piccolo. We need some green in there. I think Bardock would also be amazing.

Hey man, this is just my take on selling. I sold my collection before. Had everything up until awaking Goku. I recently rebuilt thanks the 2.0 releases.

I agree with Angelo I'd sell everything up until Broly. But I'd keep krillin and the androids. I'd a pick a broly to keep and one to sell. I'd sell pc Vegeta and trunks, the xenoverse figures.

A lot of figures got 2.0's. So I'd sell the older versions.

As far as the sdcc figures it's up to you. I'd keep 2011 and piccolo. Maybe gohan to have a non bd version.

That's the best way I can think of getting rid of a majority but still having some in case you don't want to quit all together.

Thanks for the input. I think I’m going to keep all of them, although I just canceled my order for kid Goku. What is the general consensus on that figure? The only reason for selling my sdcc exclusives would be that they’re more valuable... I just don’t wanna let go!! I’ll just have to get more detolfs I guess...

Back