S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Design? No, it's the fact he's just another Broly retard with no personality and is only strong because the plot dictates it.

I think Broly has personality. He doesn't have grandiose ambition (Frieza), a drive for self-improvement (Cell), a child's whim (Buu), or an elitist ideology (Zamasu), but what he does have is unabashed savagery. One could argue that he's all about vengeance, but even if he had achieved it, he would likely still be the same demon he's always been. And the initial mystery surrounding his true nature was pretty cool, even if it was brief and heavily telegraphed. Mystery always makes villains cooler to me, which is why I never liked Frieza. At least Cell had some mystery regarding his origin in the tampered timeline, and Buu had a complete mythology.

Jiren, however, is pretty boring so far. Granted, there hasn't been much/any backstory on him yet, so perhaps he's actually interesting, but going purely on what has been shown, he's not very compelling, imo.

He doesn't. He's just a big muscled raging baby. There're jobber Frieda goons I found more interesting.

Fixed. Anyway, I can understand that. Part of his allure for me is that he is also the only SSJ villain (corrupted versions of SSJ heroes don't really count to me).

The difference between Broly & Jiren is that Broly was pure unbridled rage whereas Jiren is calm & collective. Broly’s motivation was getting “revenge” on Goku [for an extremely petty reason], Jiren’s motivation is still a mystery. All we know is that he originally refused to participate in the tournament because he didn’t want to be responsible for the erasure of trillions of lives just to save his own. We also know that he never has killed any of his villains. That right there shows how noble he is.

Him showing a sign of intrigue instead of being stoic upon being the final opponent, gives us hints on his true personality. Some see it as malevolent, but I took it as him finally having the chance to fully let loose & not hold anything back. He’s so strong that he probably viewed every other fighter beneath him, even his own comrades, but not in arrogance, but because he has no other choice. It’s like a black belt taking on an amateur; that would be absurd

Also the manga has fleshed out his character more than the anime has. There’s only like 3 episodes left so there’s no time for a filler episode explaining why Jiren is the way he is

Anyone ever watch that movie Bloodsport with Jean Claude Van Damme? Remember this guy?

13B1782F-AD3C-4A58-9496-6C9C9D91B5B1.jpg

Kinda reminds me of Jiren lol

Which brings me to another point. Jiren bears resemblance to a character from a Chinese wuxia novel. I think it was from a Jin Yong novel that was never materialized but only in flashbacks. The name of that character says it all. 獨孤求敗. A lonesome fighter begging and yearning for a loss.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

The difference between Broly & Jiren is that Broly was pure unbridled rage whereas Jiren is calm & collective. Broly’s motivation was getting “revenge” on Goku [for an extremely petty reason], Jiren’s motivation is still a mystery. All we know is that he originally refused to participate in the tournament because he didn’t want to be responsible for the erasure of trillions of lives just to save his own. We also know that he never has killed any of his villains. That right there shows how noble he is.

Him showing a sign of intrigue instead of being stoic upon being the final opponent, gives us hints on his true personality. Some see it as malevolent, but I took it as him finally having the chance to fully let loose & not hold anything back. He’s so strong that he probably viewed every other fighter beneath him, even his own comrades, but not in arrogance, but because he has no other choice. It’s like a black belt taking on an amateur; that would be absurd

Also the manga has fleshed out his character more than the anime has. There’s only like 3 episodes left so there’s no time for a filler episode explaining why Jiren is the way he is

Anyone ever watch that movie Bloodsport with Jean Claude Van Damme? Remember this guy?

View attachment 392363

Kinda reminds me of Jiren lol

lol, my dude Bolo.

"You are next"

... There’s only like 3 episodes left so there’s no time for a filler episode explaining why Jiren is the way he is...

One of the biggest tragedies of the series' indefinite end, at least in my opinion. To have that level of strength must come with a backstory for the ages.

There have been quite a few resemblances between Goku/Bruce Lee and Jiren/Bolo Yeung. I can't imagine they're coincidental. I'm hopeful that Toriyama will shed light on this in a future interview.

Apparently there's rumors about an episode focusing on Jiren's origin. Not sure if it's tonight or next week but it does seem like it will eventually happen before the series ends.

Wow, so it looks like i was wrong :lol a full episode though, or just flashbacks? Perhaps this will give us clues to the wish he wants granted

Wow, so it looks like i was wrong :lol a full episode though, or just flashbacks? Perhaps this will give us clues to the wish he wants granted

I'm thinking just flashbacks because there was hardly any of this shown in last week's teaser.

Herms on Twitter came up with a great backstory for the character based on the photo...

Jiren: "On my home planet there was always this kid who would come over and kick my stack of giant Cheerios. God, I hated that kid. Anyway, one day I became all-powerful and joined the Pride Troopers."

Out of da Box Figuarts Zeroes Gogeta and Vegito...

The faces still look like ****e but everything else looks spectacular.

Spoiler Spoiler:

So...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hopefully @Snake Plissken respects him a little more now :rotfl

Back