S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nappa has to show signs of being difficult to obtain at retail before Tamashii will release it as an SDCC Exclusive.

Arlia Vegeta 2.0 would be a better alternative as an SDCC Exclusive since only a niche market would really want him. Which I think is the best type of market to use for SDCC Exclusives rather than a decision that the majority of the collectors would want. For example, Frieza Saga Goku. Luckily, Tamashii Nations is going through a 2.0 phase where it was updated and given a Retail Release along with an amazing price tag.

Krillin would also be a good candidate as well. Tamashii will eventually release an updated Krillin, might as well use the money from the SDCC Exclusive towards that new mold.

Android 16 is also another possibility.

There's 2 Goku releases that I've been thinking Tamashii will eventually release as SDCC Exclusives.

Super (Saiyan) Vegeta could also be given an anime colors release that would be interesting.

I hope whatever the SDCC release is it turns out to be awful. These figures are expensive enough as is, and the SDCC premium price and difficulty in getting it now SUCKS. I remember when you could order the Piccolo SDCC directly from them for weeks or possibly months after release.

I hope whatever the SDCC release is it turns out to be awful. These figures are expensive enough as is, and the SDCC premium price and difficulty in getting it now SUCKS. I remember when you could order the Piccolo SDCC directly from them for weeks or possibly months after release.

I'm not so sure about it being awful but it really should only appeal to a very small niche market out of the overall market. Tamashii should use SDCC Exclusives as artistic approaches and testings for their worldwide releases. Cell shading, glossy paint application (which needs to stop), black and white coloring, and etc.

Giving Broly a Premium Color Release was a fantastic idea only for it to become one of the worst ideas by making it an SDCC Exclusive.

Wonder what this year's SDCC Exclusive will be. Doubt it will be a Goku but it would seem extremely fitting for 1 specific Goku considering the recent releases.

DFA076D7-42DF-49B2-97FD-9B5A5D5C36A6-300x295.jpeg

I’m not saying I am a fan but it would be crazy if they release two figures together.

I'm not so sure about it being awful but it really should only appeal to a very small niche market out of the overall market. Tamashii should use SDCC Exclusives as artistic approaches and testings for their worldwide releases. Cell shading, glossy paint application (which needs to stop), black and white coloring, and etc.

Giving Broly a Premium Color Release was a fantastic idea only for it to become one of the worst ideas by making it an SDCC Exclusive.

This. But hey who wouldn’t be surprised if they decide to make a PCE 1.5 Broly next year lmao. Figuarts DBZ has been in the market for how many years now and we finally just got a new villain (nappa) lmao. Let’s just hope they stick with the 2.0 for another 3-4 years and not jump to a 3.0 design.

OK, last night episode of Super was one of the really great ones:

Spoiler Spoiler:

View attachment 391491

I’m not saying I am a fan but it would be crazy if they release two figures together.

This. But hey who wouldn’t be surprised if they decide to make a PCE 1.5 Broly next year lmao. Figuarts DBZ has been in the market for how many years now and we finally just got a new villain (nappa) lmao. Let’s just hope they stick with the 2.0 for another 3-4 years and not jump to a 3.0 design.

Those are actually great ideas for SDCC Exclusives. I saw that at GameStop the other day and they're pretty cool. Ridiculously easy releases for Tamashii.

The 3.0 design won't be implemented into the Dragon Ball Figuarts line any time soon. They're just developing the hand articulation and there's going to be many, many more testing done.

I'm still curious about that Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan Blue Goku that was revealed at Tamashii Nations 2017. Don't think we've heard anything about that since.

OK, last night episode of Super was one of the really great ones:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

For those that are confused why Jiren called out his comrade Toppo after his defeat,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Good analysis, crisis.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Nice review!

He’s a great figure! Out of all the 2.0 style figures, I do think he’s top tier. It’s unfortunate that lines like this are riddled with quality control issues at times. However, like you implied, you just have to pick your battles. When it warrants an exchange or flat out repurchase, it has to be pretty bad.

Anyway, my favorite figure is still the Premium Color Cell. I wasn’t expecting much from him, in all honesty. I picked him up so that he could shadow Gohan in the display and I ended up being completely blown away by his shelf presence.

By the way, Bandai also does the Figure-Rise series and they have a great lightning effect that’s perfect for 2.0 SSJ3 Goku. Check it out. Just be careful. The arm does nothing to support his weight and will break.

6432E7A6-12E9-4CD8-85ED-14B0880BE974.jpeg

Thanks.

Yeah I've come to terms with QC issues and some stuff I just gotta ignore it and move on. It comes down to how visible it is on the shelf and the location of it.

I love PC Cell, he just needs a new face.

They reduced the size of the eyes, I believe. That went a long way. Posed with his arms crossed and head tilted downward, he absolutely destroys every other figure capable of such posturing.

Jiren could beat that though. Assuming they give us crossed arms and a closed eyes sculpt.

The eye size is what really hurts Cell. They need to tighten it up.

It's why I hate every SS3 Goku face but the side looking one since the eyes look too child like.

It doesn’t bother me much. Depending on the artist, they did draw him with a bigger iris at times. The initial release had that excessive bolding around the eyes and sclera, which definitely made it childlike.

Back