S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a heads up if anyone's interested. Amazon will be releasing the complete DBZ seasons 1-9 on bluray set on Nov 14, 2017. It's an amazon exclusive and price is $175.

https://amzn.to/2yznmD5

I hope amazon compiles all the DBZ movies and release it as a set too in the future.

IMG_3253.JPG

DBS ep 108 discussion

Spoiler Spoiler:

@Crisis
Spoiler Spoiler:

These tournament minutes are complete bs.:lol

Awesome photo Tonito!

Amazon will be releasing the complete DBZ seasons 1-9 on bluray set on Nov 14, 2017. It's an amazon exclusive and price is $175.

https://amzn.to/2yznmD5

Meh... $20 per season and barely an okay looking box to hold them altogether. Each season can be purchased as low as $10 and it's not the original scale cut of the original anime. Partial of the screen/image is cut to fit the whatever wide format you're using.

Will Amazon get Goku Black?
Yeah, Amazon will carry him. You'll have to keep an eye on the pre-order because sometimes they'll cancel them. They canceled my Super Saiyan God Goku and Madara Uchiha but I was able to pre-order them again.

Anybody pre-order the Figure-Rise Mechanics from Amazon? It went down to $59.30 at some point.

DBS ep 108 discussion

Spoiler Spoiler:
What was bogus about It?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Oops sorry i meant that as a separate post. Tapatalk's new interface is confusing hahaha

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Awesome photos, Eric! Glad to hear that he's heavy. I like the figure having weight to him. What else do you think of him?

If anybody is interested in Figure-Rise Standard Krillin, here is how he scales with the other S.H.Figuarts...
21764983_1201770469926482_5028073415827214571_n.jpg

From Lukas Cecagno‎ on Facebook

I would say he scales ok, but that belt though; what were they thinking? Oh, and STILL with the white eyes? [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think some of you all need to realize that Gohan is a loser. And his character is boring and bland, just like he originally wanted his life to be.

He peaked at the Cell saga and has been on a downhill spiral ever since, he will NEVER eclipse Goku or even Vegeta. Hell, even Future Trunks came back demonstrated he was more bad @$$ than Gohan. They can retire Gohan to the perreneal background character. He'll have his "moments", but they'll barely be anything.

He can serve ONE more purpose.

Gohan must die.

Gohan's death can unlock a new form for Goku's God Ki. In fact, I'd suggest it finally turns Goku into the God of Destruction for a future storyline.

I think some of you all need to realize that Gohan is a loser. And his character is boring and bland, just like he originally wanted his life to be.

He peaked at the Cell saga and has been on a downhill spiral ever since, he will NEVER eclipse Goku or even Vegeta. Hell, even Future Trunks came back demonstrated he was more bad @$$ than Gohan. They can retire Gohan to the perreneal background character. He'll have his "moments", but they'll barely be anything.

Gohan must die.

Gohan's death can unlock a new form for Goku's God Ki. In fact, I'd suggest it finally turns Goku into the God of Destruction for a future storyline.

There are truth in these words. For me it's just the fact that it's been said many times that hybrid Saiyans are stronger than full-blooded (even as recently as his official description for the Battle of Gods movie), which is why i said he should at least be on par with Vegeta. However Vegeta & Goku were trained by Whis, therefore surpassing him, so maybe if he trained with Whis too, he would've likewise surpassed them. oh well

But then again wasn't his full potential already unlocked? Thus eliminating the need to train since he's already at 100%? i dont even know anymore

the only paradoxical answer is "hybrid saiyans are stronger than full blooded, but full blooded can surpass hybrid saiyans"

Maybe they are "innately" (they "start out") stronger than full-bloods, but a full-blood that constantly trains and unlocks new potentials will ALWAYS be stronger. Maybe they have access to unique skills (like Trunks' Super Saiyan rage), but without the necessary training and access to ki like the God ki, they can't get much further.

Gohan must die.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or what but it's quite ridiculous if you feel we need to "realize" something when it's only opinion based. That's perfectly fine if you feel that way but you really shouldn't expect us to feel the same.

I don't consider the only character who truly fights and wants to become stronger for his family a "loser" by any stretch of the imagination.

Why are you equating him with Future Trunks? Future Trunks was raised in a war-torn timeline and has rarely lived in a time of peace.

@Angelo2113
That Krillin scales pretty good! I am pumped as I can’t bring myself to drop $150 plus for figuarts.

Yeah! I'm really glad to see him in scale with the other S.H.Figuarts. The sculpting on him is great for a model kit and, as you mentioned, it creates a much cheaper alternative for those who want a poseable figure of him.

I'm not trolling, but perhaps I was a little too blunt. I apologize. I just believe there is too much expectation for a character that has been relegated into the background and who has already "peaked". This is largely the fault of the writers, who have dramatically underutilized Gohan and he's roughly the same character in DBS as he was in DBGT and the character his mother"wants" him to be. It's almost as if Chi-chi is the writer's voice for where they want to position Gohan.

In the context of "filling Goku's shoes" and taking the hero mantle that it's often believed Toriyama was directing the character towards prior to Goku's return, he's fallen woefully behind. I believe that some DBZ fans keep hoping that Gohan will suddenly emerge with tremendous power much like his father and like he briefly did during the Buu saga but I personally think it won't happen not only based upon the character's history, but also based upon the real-life writing and marketing push that Goku will "always" be the hero of Dragon Ball and everyone will be second fiddle...and I'm speaking as someone who desperately wants Vegeta to get a "win". Yes, Gohan fights more to protect his family and it's admirable, but in comparison to the main "fighter" characters, he's still quite powerful, but behind and I even feel his character development is behind as well. Obviously he's much more of a family man than his father though.

Killing Gohan off and following the character in the underworld as he struggles to get back to his family, and returning to life, would be a new development for his character. He's one of the few main characters who has NOT been dead and it can go a long way toward deriving his reasons for fighting and even depicting how much his father cares for him after he sought to first protect him and then encourage his true potential.

I feel like other characters are the writer's voice for Gohan. It has been all about reaching his "hidden" power and unlocking it, but every time he achieves something, he's pulled back in favor of other characters. I've just given up on emotionally investing in the character.

Back