S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great photos and customizing, Tonito!

Don't even remind of of that majestic SSJ4 Goku. I'm glad we didn't get it back then with the outdated tech but my patience has been growing thin. I'd say there's a very good chance we'll get him along with some forms of Buu this year or the beginning of next. With the Buu Saga airing, this is the best time to capitalize on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe we'll find out more throughout these World Tour Events. I know there's NYCC too so maybe I can have my friend ask. It's certainly one of the most highly talked about and demanded now that Nappa and Goku Black have been scheduled for release and Majin Vegeta is continuously shown at events.
if they do show off ss4 goku soon i hope that they stick with rounded knee joints vs knee caps, the knee caps are a nice attempt but i feel unless it's sculpted all the way through (like broly or the model kits) it looks strange when bent and doesnt look quite perfect when straight, the rounded knee joints are the best way to go for baggy pants imo if they dont want to spend time sculpting the joint all the way through.

I was thinking the same for figurise super buu, the bigger scale would ironically make him the proper height, as he's at the least a whole head taller than ultimate gohan, and also the figurise cell was the proper height too, although stylized to be more bulky. I wouldnt mind a fat buu either but i see it coming out as a figurise standard first.

All this talk getting me more hyped to build my kits haha someone mentioned that ss4 goku and vegeta could work for shf if you use the explanation that they are naturally that much bigger due to transformation lol That or just camera perspectives for pictures. I also realized the red kamehameha effect could be use for ss4 to make it look like the 10x kamehameha as well.
Tien has Super Saiyan 4 Goku's legs so it'll be the knee caps. Not sure how it'll look with the yellow plastic. Hopefully the gaps won't stand out too much. Broly's knee caps are my favorite though. Beautifully well done with the sculpting.

Figure-Rise Standard is my biggest hope for Buu releases. I would actually like them to come out so Tamashii can analyze what worked and what didn't then apply that to the Figuarts versions.

Super Saiyan 4 model kits are great. Very nicely sculpted, too. As I mentioned above about analyzing, hopefully Tamashii does the same with these model kits. The Kaio-ken Kamehameha was always going to be the 10x version for me as soon as I saw it.[emoji16]
I just realized that SSJ3 Goku doesn't come with a generic, emotionless "looking straight ahead" facial expression.

That's kind of disappointing. I feel those are "mandatory" for all figures.
Super Saiyan Trunks and Nappa don't either. It used to be the mandatory face but it doesn't seem to be anymore.
I know I wouldn't waste my money on Fat Buu. Hate him.

SS3 Got me super excited. You guys think we'll get a 2.0 Vegetto Blue?
It'll be awhile before Super Saiyan Blue Vegito will happen. If they release him any time soon, he wouldn't go with any other release unless they released Fused Zamasu as first.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

feel like the black lining on that custom is a bit too much, but other than that it's pretty good :O i wouldve went with blue or gray for the white armor and brown for the yellow parts.

As far a SSB/SSJ vegito 2.0, easily made now, they can reuse most of the new goku mold (neck, torso, sleeves and shoulders, hips, legs), and then from bicep down trunks/vegeta arms (plus the hands), trunks/vegeta feet, and just retool the boot part for the lower leg to fit on the legs better, and ofcourse new hair and faces. The majority of it is already there, and im sure customizers are gonna try to use it for that as well.

and it seems me and angelo are on the same page for other DBZ misc stuff haha :clap also totally forgot that tien's legs and even belt are basically the lower half of SS4 goku haha. Darn too bad, but we all know if tamashii can reuse it, they will, theyre like a higher quality hasbro at this point, especially for dbz figures.

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Thank you. It's been bugging me for awhile.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Based on an old Famicom RPG and also released as an OVA/Bandai CD interactive game on the Bandai Playdia game. Hatchiyak was also brought back for DbZ Raging Blast 2 bundled with a remake of the OVA.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

oh geez, i thought it was jacksdo at first glance Lol damn it tamashii! here are some pics for comparison

jacksdo goku.jpg

bad smirk face.jpg

they actually look similar...sadly :lol but i was really hoping for tamashii to redo the hair in the jacksdo style, it fits the anime pic more and since it's wider and more flushed to the back, it helps with the weight problems, but nope, lazy tamashii strikes again, instead of going 100% and doing it right they take shortcuts wherever they can, putting you through a rollercoaster of excitement then disappointment :slap

this is the pic of the jacksdo from the side to see what i mean about it being more flushed. Depending on the neck peg and possible issues i may try to get a hold of the jacksdo one to use on the new body, but we'll see. Cant really mod the new faces onto the jacksdo hair either because of the paint, unless i want to try to replicate it :dunno

jacksdo ss3.jpg

It also pains me because i know theyre capable of much better than what theyre just shoving out....

Just as predicted. He's not all beefed up and just over all an ugly figure. To me. Glad that I didn't waste my time and preorder it along with other releases.

i feel like tien and yamcha are gonna be fine. Nappa seems okayish although a bit undersized and not in the form most wanted. For some reason with popular characters (goku, trunks, vegeta) lately tamashii seems to like putting minimal effort into them, or as minimal as they can get. I feel like they have the mentality that theyre gonna sell anyway and therefore put less effort into it unlike obscure figures like tien and yamcha where they have to bring more of the A game or it wont any hope of selling more than it should.

Hatchiyack would be awesome but he's as likely as the farmer with the shotgun tbh. He only had that one short lived appearance (cool as it was) and not many know who he is. I'd take Janemba over him any day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lately tamashii seems to like putting minimal effort into them, or as minimal as they can get. I feel like they have the mentality that theyre gonna sell anyway and therefore put less effort into it unlike obscure figures like tien and yamcha *snip*

That's a slippery slope Tamashii is on... more & more people will start to notice the paint quality somewhat declining, thus leading to sales for a certain character(s) not meeting their expectations, and they won't know why

Back