S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone out growing their toy collections or certain ones? I had my Figuarts DBZ collections put away around the time SSJ2 Gohan 2.0 became available/arrived. I never had the chance to open it and also with the SSJ Super Vegeta 2.0 which I purchased both together. Last night I had the opportunity to displayed all my DBZ figurines and I don't know, something just kicked in as if I was bored and looked at myself like wtf am I doing with action figures at the age of 30. Lol I felt the same way a year ago with my Legacy Power Ranger collections which I sold all and made a small profit (i don't regret it). I'm not quite sure why I am feeling so distanced but I was so butt hurt/disappointed in the 1.0 versions designs when they switched to the 2.0's. So I am thinking, wondering if I sell all of my 1.0 collections or storage them for future keepings or sell both the 1.0 and 2.0 figurarts DBZ.... Im getting old am I?

That gets me so hype for a Figuarts version. It's such an easy release for them and Vegeta too

Ridiculously easy. All they need to work on are updated head sculpts for Super Saiyan Blue on both Goku and Vegeta. :yess:

Is anyone out growing their toy collections or certain ones? I had my Figuarts DBZ collections put away around the time SSJ2 Gohan 2.0 became available/arrived. I never had the chance to open it and also with the SSJ Super Vegeta 2.0 which I purchased both together. Last night I had the opportunity to displayed all my DBZ figurines and I don't know, something just kicked in as if I was bored and looked at myself like wtf am I doing with action figures at the age of 30. Lol I felt the same way a year ago with my Legacy Power Ranger collections which I sold all and made a small profit (i don't regret it). I'm not quite sure why I am feeling so distanced but I was so butt hurt/disappointed in the 1.0 versions designs when they switched to the 2.0's. So I am thinking, wondering if I sell all of my 1.0 collections or storage them for future keepings or sell both the 1.0 and 2.0 figurarts DBZ.... Im getting old am I?

It has nothing to do with your age but more to do with you losing the passion for collecting. Nothing wrong with that, it happens to some people.

I'm 34 and have a new baby, so my collecting definitely feels like it's taking a backseat at the minute. But as Angelo mentioned, age isn't really a factor if you enjoy something.

Also the longer you are collecting the more likely things will get revamped or improved upon. Hot Toys are a prime example of that. I have some HT characters that have been redone a couple of times but that doesn't detract from the figure I have on the shelf, I liked it when I bought it and I like it now. If you get sucked into 2.0/revamped figures your collection will never be done, which is great for some people, but I like the idea of having a finish line!

Best thing to do is take a step back, pack away your collection, steer clear of forums and forget about collecting. Then in 6 months get them back on display and check what you've missed online. If you don't feel any excitement then sell your figures for a nice profit knowing you wont miss them :)

I kinda feel the same way silverpikachu. Don't get me wrong I still love my collection, but I'm just not uber-obsessed as I once was. Plus I'm running out of real estate to display future releases. You can only fit so much on shelves. Life responsibilities are getting in the way & that comes first. This is an indeed an expensive hobby. I wish they had released purple gi adult Gohan or Future Gohan to display with the Androids, instead of father/son Kamehameha Gohan. and PCE Cell should've been Imperfect Cell or whatever. The Kaioken Goku is just "meh" to me. I'm like "come on guys, give us Kid Buu or Majin Vegeta already." We're not getting any younger & other things in my life are starting to take precedence over figure collecting.

Despite this I'll still def be getting Nappa. Shenron needs to be released too. Champa looks like a cool one to buy to display with Beerus. Chibi Goku looked like it was ready to be shipped yesterday. It just takes so long for these things to be released.

To add my two cents to the burnout feeling, I'm going on 35 and I collect many lines (Dragonball Z, Saint Seiya, Star Wars Movie Realization, Ninja Turtles for action figures alone, then also Zelda, Blizzard and Mass Effect for statues, plus LEGO and statues for Star Wars). I do experience that feeling from time to time but never for the entire thing. I'll be super interested and invested in my DBZ collection, raking eBay to find old characters that have no chance to ever be done by Bandai and could fit the 5" scale.. and then for a few months I'll just pre-order upcoming Figuarts but not really be all that into it.. then it kicks back in. It's done that for 15 years so I figure that's just how my brain is wired. Same thing happens with my other collections, it's like my brain has only one display shelf and every collection has to take its turn haha.

Anyway, I suppose for some people collecting is only a temporary hobby, for others it's a way of life. I've always been a collector of things even since I was very young (Monsters in the Pocket, Dragonball cards, Star Wars CCG, thank god I never got into Magic the Gathering!) so I doubt that'll ever change for me, but it definitely isn't the kind of passion you can keep up all the time. Sometimes real life will get in the way and you'll slow down or put it on hold, and I'll admit I even keep my statue boxes stored because you never know if one day something crashes onto you and you have to sell your valuables to make by.. If you feel like you've outgrown being a collector, maybe you weren't really one and were just really into a line and now it's kind of passing, that's fine. Or maybe other things are taking precedence over it and that's making your interest lower.. that's fine too, happens. I'd follow the advice of someone above me, pack everything you don't want for now, wait a few months, and if it's still not interesting to you in a while, you've turned the page. :)

Youre not getting old, you just lost your reason or passion to collect these.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

BANM170703.jpg

banm170701.jpg

Kaio-ken Goku will be sold at limit 2 per person and the consumer must be 15+ in age.

I'm sure he could be revived if the writers wanted him to. I hope they don't though because his sacrifice has actually stayed that way.
I was just reading on their site that they can't sell to anyone under 15, even if accompanied by a guardian... Why is that?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Maybe flippers using their kids to buy extras.
@Dasmuse, this and the figures are aimed towards 15+ but specifically because people bring their kids and any extra bodies from their families just to get extras.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The Kaio Ken is supposed to be in a comic con in Mexico right? (Tamashii Nations I think) I was just looking of how to get there (I'm from Mexico but the southeast a little far from Mexico City) but haven't heard any info of it

Edit: I'll even work for my YouTube channel to have a expedition to that convention... If I ever find some info online hahaha

D Amazing has a review of Kaioken Goku up already, he definitely has contacts at tamashii :p

Also, yeah, like I thought, all three faces look new, or at least retooled from his existing faces.

I would see if my brother-in-law would get me one since he lives in Brooklyn but that dude never leaves Brooklyn "There's no need to go into the city, I have everything right here in Brooklyn." New Yorkers :slap

D Amazing has a review of Kaioken Goku up already, he definitely has contacts at tamashii :p

Yeah, looks like he got a production sample and likely has to send it back. You can see a faint "N7" written on the figure's chest which denotes it as a sample.

Figure looks great. It's not a "must have" but this is the ideal Exclusive that I mentioned Tamashii should be doing. It doesn't take anything away from the main line but is always a nice "bonus" to have. Much like Arlia Vegeta.

Just saw that at TAGHOBBY and Bandai dated the figure for September release! Can't wait to see all the official pics!

Back