S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully Super Saiyan 3 Goku comes with some great faces. Even if they're similar to Super Warrior Awakening. The original faces limited posing potential.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I guarantee it's a normal release. This is their big holiday seller so they want to maximize its availability.

Can't wait to see some promo shots. I hope they worked on the face a little, it had the chubby baby cheeks going on.

yeah cant wait for the promo shots, but im actually hoping they worked on the hair more. From the proto displays it looked extremely heavy, it was held up by another hand! and the hair might have also been a bit of an issue on the OG one as well. So hopefully they engineered it better so it wont be as much of a hindrance. As for the face, yeah i agree it had a bit of a chubby cheeks thing going on, but im sure the end product will be just fine haha

Not much can be done about that MisterW, the og one was molded in solid plastic too, which is why he came with a stand. Without molding it in hollow plastic (which they wont do, would make it too fragile) they couldnt do anything to make it lighter.

Not much can be done about that MisterW, the og one was molded in solid plastic too, which is why he came with a stand. Without molding it in hollow plastic (which they wont do, would make it too fragile) they couldnt do anything to make it lighter.

true, but also the shape and weight distribution has to do it with it too. The old one the hair all went straight back so it made him more back heavy. If they went with different styling it could help the weight distribution a bit more, like the wider ssj3 hair look (kind of like a lions mane or the figurise one?) as opposed to the first appearance look. I mean overall it'll look good, i guess it's really not their fault in the end, it's just the character design really.

I guarantee it's a normal release. This is their big holiday seller so they want to maximize its availability.

Can't wait to see some promo shots. I hope they worked on the face a little, it had the chubby baby cheeks going on.
The face sculpting isn't that, or possibly any, different from Super Warrior Awakening Goku other than the very defined brow. If you go back and look at the photos of Super Warrior Awakening Goku, his cheek sculpting looks the same as the Super Saiyan 3 Goku's but it doesn't stand out as much because of his bangs hanging over the top part of his face.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So all youse guys that are planning on using the new SS3 Goku body to update your old Gokus don't think he's too bulky for the other forms? To me, he looks beefed up as he should as an SS3.

So all youse guys that are planning on using the new SS3 Goku body to update your old Gokus don't think he's too bulky for the other forms? To me, he looks beefed up as he should as an SS3.

i think imma just leave it as is. i was considering doing modifications to SSB Vegeta, but despite its flaws it kinda grew on me. so i'm not gonna do any more modding to any future SHF release i get

i made the mistake by painting Freezer's shoulder joints purple, effectively devaluing it (fyi any type of mod, no matter how small, you do to a collectible automatically devalues it). I also colored OG Trunks iris' black, as they were originally all purple. I don't regret doing these things to my figures but I kinda do :/ lol

I believe the arms are the same as Super Warrior Awakened Goku except with a newer shoulder to fit the gi on and cleaner wrist cuffs. So it'll be consistent.

Edited: I'm not sure if the Manga has a drastic physical change between Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan Blue. I know the original Dragon Ball Super art work had Goku appear thinner than usual but that seems to have changed. The only physical change takes place when Goku transforms into Super Saiyan God.

The anime seems to keep the physical appearance the same other than the hair transformation and surrounding aura.

IMG_3244.JPG

:impatient:

d360e16851114b209266ceb3f0017a30.jpg

Received my $35 battle damaged Gohan and $37 Vegeta updated body. $45 and up plus shipping is too much for me [emoji23].

Just saw episode 85. Some thoughts:

i think it's kinda bogus how Gohan is still seeking training from Piccolo. Gohan surpassed Piccolo yeeears ago. Even as weak as Gohan has been portrayed in Super thus far, he still should be stronger than Piccolo. I feel like he's going backwards. Apparently if you wanna get stronger these days all you have to do is meditate really hard. If you earned a masters degree, but forgot how to do remedial arithmetic, are you going to go back to your 2nd grade teacher to re-teach you? No disrespect to Piccoro [and his fans], but c'mon Gohan -_-

love how they're shedding more light on the other universes. Funny how the Egyptian Goddess of Destruction thinks Gokou's "cute." That could mean 2 things: she likes the way he looks, or she thinks his power level is so low, that it's "cute" to her.

that robot God of Destruction speaks a bizarre language that he needs his Kai to translate for him. Nice touch

not really digging the battle royale notion. The 1 on 1 battles are more intense and showcase more techniques. And not quite sure how the "ring out" rule is gonna work, since every character can easily fly back in bounds. like, what?

Just saw episode 85. Some thoughts:

i think it's kinda bogus how Gohan is still seeking training from Piccolo. Gohan surpassed Piccolo yeeears ago. Even as weak as Gohan has been portrayed in Super thus far, he still should be stronger than Piccolo. I feel like he's going backwards. Apparently if you wanna get stronger these days all you have to do is meditate really hard. If you earned a masters degree, but forgot how to do remedial arithmetic, are you going to go back to your 2nd grade teacher to re-teach you? No disrespect to Piccoro [and his fans], but c'mon Gohan -_-

love how they're shedding more light on the other universes. Funny how the Egyptian Goddess of Destruction thinks Gokou's "cute." That could mean 2 things: she likes the way he looks, or she thinks his power level is so low, that it's "cute" to her.

that robot God of Destruction speaks a bizarre language that he needs his Kai to translate for him. Nice touch

not really digging the battle royale notion. The 1 on 1 battles are more intense and showcase more techniques. And not quite sure how the "ring out" rule is gonna work, since every character can easily fly back in bounds. like, what?

Piccolo has always been the master tactician of the Z Fighters, so obviously Gohan is going to go to him for advice and training. We were shown just last episode how much strategy can beat raw strength, as when Krillin easily took out Gohan and nearly Goku by using his brain. Plus Gohan, while probably stronger than Piccolo even now, is too soft and requires some remotivation from Piccolo to really get into the fighting spirit.

In the sub I read, the Cleopatra-like Goddess of Destruction said Goku is handsome, so definitely going for looks in that regard.

As for the Tournament of Power rules, I'm pretty sure they said you cannot fly during the battle royale, or at least not out of the immediate area, so if you get thrown out you're out for good, flying or not.

Krillin easily took out Gohan and nearly Goku

ya see, the fact that you even had to write this sentence is absurd. but we as DB fans are used to justifying the absurd, which is why when someone brings up something that contradicts previous plot(s) & details, which happens often, we have to scramble & think of reasons the writers chose to do that, despite all of it being nonsense :dunno

I'm not saying Krillin isn't a strong fighter, but to argue he can competently compete with Gohan & Goku at this point in the game, strategically or otherwise.. nah. it's not convincing to me & just comes off as ridiculous. especially since he's been "retired" since the Cell Saga. if Scouters were still around his power level would prolly read around 1200, more or less.

Here are the rules so far for the Tournament of Power...

Fighters cannot be killed or use weapons.
To win, one must make their opponent fall off of the fighting stage, even if they were to collapse on the stage.
There will be only a single match, with all 80 fighters battling at the same time.
The match will last for 48 minutes.
Fighters are not allowed to fly outside of the ring or else their Flight technique gets negated there.
The universe with the most survivors when time runs out will be the victor.
If there is a sole survivor, that fighter's universe will be the victor.

Piccolo has always been the master tactician of the Z Fighters, so obviously Gohan is going to go to him for advice and training. We were shown just last episode how much strategy can beat raw strength, as when Krillin easily took out Gohan and nearly Goku by using his brain. Plus Gohan, while probably stronger than Piccolo even now, is too soft and requires some remotivation from Piccolo to really get into the fighting spirit.

In the sub I read, the Cleopatra-like Goddess of Destruction said Goku is handsome, so definitely going for looks in that regard.

As for the Tournament of Power rules, I'm pretty sure they said you cannot fly during the battle royale, or at least not out of the immediate area, so if you get thrown out you're out for good, flying or not.

:goodpost:

Back