S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new version of Cell looks so much better. The duller colors are... fine, but I like the brighter ones. Where did you buy it? I'm finding weird prices (like BBTS is $60, but N-Y is 11000 yen?)
I ended up just going through eBay, but it was still about $100AUD. Yes, NY's price seem really off, anime-export has him for 6300 yen.

Pce cell is a regular release or web exclusive?
Looks like it's a Web Exclusive

Not SHF.

I just got my Shodos today and man these little guys are FUN, they will do fantastically until Vegeta 2.0 arrives, the sculpt and paint for such small figures is impressive and there's very clever and effective engineering to achieve again, impressive articulation, everything here are ball joints and single cut elbows/knees and they work better than a lot of double joints in bigger scales and minimally breaking the sculpt/silhouette, wow.

I look forward to see what else Shodo makes.

Scale problems aside tho.

VY90hhi.jpg

BZpUVow.jpg

l7jk1WC.jpg

x5qYx8K.jpg

AbWifvs.jpg

Last edited:
Very fun episode of Dragon Ball Super tonight! Anybody else watch it?

Edited:
Quite impressive this Vegeta from the Gigantic Series :thud:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Gigantic Series has been doing a solid job lately. 1st Form Frieza looked really good, Super Saiyan Blue Goku was amazing, Super Saiyan 4 Goku looked great other than the head/face size, and Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta looks outstanding.

Not SHF.

I just got my Shodos today and man these little guys are FUN, they will do fantastically until Vegeta 2.0 arrives, the sculpt and paint for such small figures is impressive and there's very clever and effective engineering to achieve again, impressive articulation, everything here are ball joints and single cut elbows/knees and they work better than a lot of double joints in bigger scales and minimally breaking the sculpt/silhouette, wow.

I look forward to see what else Shodo makes.

Scale problems aside tho.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I've been very tempted to purchase these so I'm happy to see others purchasing and enjoying them. They look great!

I've been very tempted to purchase these so I'm happy to see others purchasing and enjoying them. They look great!
They're great at import prices, which is like $40 plus shipping and you get 6 of them, so it's a steal really.

I don't know if they're worth the $70 BBTS price tag though.

Funny enough I only got 1 Nappa and 3 Gokus, I thought they were even but maybe I got a weird box, I don't mind, I prefer it that way, I'll put Nappa and Goku on my work desktop. :)

They're great at import prices, which is like $40 plus shipping and you get 6 of them, so it's a steal really.

I don't know if they're worth the $70 BBTS price tag though.

Funny enough I only got 1 Nappa and 3 Gokus, I thought they were even but maybe I got a weird box, I don't mind, I prefer it that way, I'll put Nappa and Goku on my work desktop. :)

Yeah, that's pretty good pricing. I'm glad you posted photos, they look really well done. The set that you have makes sense. Were all 6 in the same packaging? It seems like they would want Goku to be the more accessible release.

The next series with Super Saiyan Blue Vegito, Super Saiyan Bardock, and Broly looks really cool. I've never seen a Super Saiyan Bardock other than custom so it's cool to see that there must be some sort of demand for him in that transformation. I've probably asked this before but is Broly a re-release or something?

Yeah, that's pretty good pricing. I'm glad you posted photos, they look really well done. The set that you have makes sense. Were all 6 in the same packaging? It seems like they would want Goku to be the more accessible release.

The next series with Super Saiyan Blue Vegito, Super Saiyan Bardock, and Broly looks really cool. I've never seen a Super Saiyan Bardock other than custom so it's cool to see that there must be some sort of demand for him in that transformation. I've probably asked this before but is Broly a re-release or something?
Similar card packaging just slightly different colors, and the card is collector friendly, it's a slide card like Microman figures. All of 6 of them come inside a black box of thin carboard, kind of a like a bubblegum dispenser box, makes sense since they're candy toys.

I would love if they made Dragon Ball figures, I'm dying for a Kid Goku since forever.

Broly is a rerelease from a previous series yes, but with a different face, this new one is smiling and the previous one was a neutral expression. I'm guessing Broly is about the same size as Nappa, which as you can see is bigger but pretty out of scale, it still feels nice and chunky compared to Vegeta and Goku, really nice quality plastic.

Similar card packaging just slightly different colors, and the card is collector friendly, it's a slide card like Microman figures. All of 6 of them come inside a black box of thin carboard, kind of a like a bubblegum dispenser box, makes sense since they're candy toys.

I would love if they made Dragon Ball figures, I'm dying for a Kid Goku since forever.

Broly is a rerelease from a previous series yes, but with a different face, this new one is smiling and the previous one was a neutral expression. I'm guessing Broly is about the same size as Nappa, which as you can see is bigger but pretty out of scale, it still feels nice and chunky compared to Vegeta and Goku, really nice quality plastic.

Very cool.

I know, somebody has to break the ice with articulated Dragon Ball figures. Tamashii Nations revealed their Dragon Ball Goku prototype two years ago (?) and haven't seen it since but have heard it was being updated. Shodo Neo Gotenks should be close to release, or has been released, so maybe Kid Goku is a close possibility.

I noticed the face. It looks a lot more "Broly-ish." Broly, especially in articulated form, must be a good seller for companies. Yeah, for some reason, the scaling doesn't bother me all that much for this series. They appear bulkier and I'm glad to hear they feel heftier compared to the thinner characters. ...Agh, now I'm really tempted to buy some.

Thanks, Gaspar! I'll keep an eye out for it. There's also a Comic Convention coming to Chicago later this month and then an Anime Convention next month so I'm going to check there. I remember seeing the previous releases there.

Do you plan on purchasing any of the more recent releases like Super Saiyan Vegito, Gotenks, Super Buu, Super Saiyan Blue Vegito, Super Saiyan Bardock, and Broly?

Haven't had the chance to pick up new cell, but to me the older one looks better, IDK the brighter colors seems weird to me

I've heard mixed opinions. Some like the Premium Color better, some like the original better.

I would prefer a 2.0 Perfect Cell. Figure-rise Standard did an amazing job with their model kit that Tamashii Nations can easily further that quality.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I would actually prefer SHF Imperfect Cell(s). Why not at this point. If the original Perfect Cell was the last perfect cell figure that was ever going to be made until the end of time, I'd be fine with it.

Ironically, it feels like they're trying to "improve upon perfection" :lol

FYI, there's a seller with 5K+ feedback with battle damaged Gohan on eBay for $35 shipped.

Been playing with that battle damaged Gohan and gotta say that head sculpt looks incredible. But the feet articulation is a huge letdown conpared to the first shf Gohan.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Gaspar! I'll keep an eye out for it. There's also a Comic Convention coming to Chicago later this month and then an Anime Convention next month so I'm going to check there. I remember seeing the previous releases there.

Do you plan on purchasing any of the more recent releases like Super Saiyan Vegito, Gotenks, Super Buu, Super Saiyan Blue Vegito, Super Saiyan Bardock, and Broly?
I don't know, I want to but I'm over-budget these couple coming weeks :lol if my budget survives until May then definitely :lol

But I'll keep an eye out for whatever Shodo makes from now on, they seem to have become quite popular.

Back