S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can barely believe how awesome this was.
Spoiler Spoiler:
It's ****ing grand.
Edit: @Adeno Kinda agree that Zamasu is maybe this franchize's best fleshed out villain. He's the only one who had an actual motivation that was somewhat deeper than "I'm just that great" (King Piccolo/Frieza/Cell) and "EEEEVIIIIL" (Buu).
Oh and yeah, like Snake said, SHF DBS Trunks, as soon as possible!!!!:panic:

apologies in advance just chiming in with a little rant about the latest episode...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Vegito using his legs was also literally just to make fun of Buu, Zamasu was an actual threat and Vegito had to actually fight here. Also agree with everything Sil replied with.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

not minding the fusion nerf, i like the little twists DBS has thrown at us. Just like the spirt bomb still being used but not exactly. The previews show way to much, it didn't ruin anything but they need to cut back on what they show a bit.

Vegito using his legs was also literally just to make fun of Buu, Zamasu was an actual threat and Vegito had to actually fight here. Also agree with everything Sil replied with.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
And it was revealed that Vegito was trying to be absorbed so he could save his family and Piccolo too. He was really goading Buu, since I think if Vegito killed Buu outright, his absorbed victims couldn't be revived. Supreme Kai really is surprisingly naive too and dumb. Probably the funniest dumb moment he had was when he forgot to bring Mr. Satan and Bee to Dende's planet, that poor dog as Old Kai said.

Spoiler Spoiler:

One other thing on Vegito is that with the hour limit he really is a superior Gogeta and nothing more. Frankly, they could have just used this to make Gogeta canon instead. Literally nothing would have changed except he might have had less screen time.

I would've liked to see Gogeta more than Vegito (too), but on the other hand, starting to dance with a villain who's not just goading but actually trying to kill them is stupid, this felt more logical, Vegeta couldn't even stand and had a broken arm (or something alike). Does the explanation even matter? They would've foun d a way to split them anyway, at least this uses an actual lore aspect instead of 'oh dragonballs again'.

As for the animation, I didn't mean criticism was void, all I meant was that I found it one-sided, there's also a lot that's an improvement, and there's also a LOT to criticize DBZ for when it comes to animation. I don't mind it too much, but then again I come at this show with a glass half full attitude because of having zero expectations due to what came before this saga...

I mean that's how Gogeta happened in Fusion Reborn but yeah true, forgot Vegeta's arm was broken. At least the explanation means we don't need the dragon balls for something else.

I can accept DBZ's animation on account of being old, like a lot of animes such as Sailor Moon. It was probably ground breaking at the time, though I don't accept it for inconsistencies like hair length and colors and frame stills. Super's is strange in concept and design like using more amateur/new animators instead of more professional ones for a huge property. Agreeing with you on the expectations too, I think that's why everyone is loving this saga so much more then we thought. It's like Guardians of the Galaxy, absolutely no one knew what to expect from that movie but everyone ended up loving it.

It was an entertaining arc, but... to me, it feels like there was something missing. I dunno. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that there wasn't really anything "new," there was nothing in it that we haven't already seen before (aside from Zamasu & Gowasu, although the ladder is essentially just a rehash of the kai(s) from the Buu Saga anyway, he didn't stand out from the rest unlike Zamasu). Timeline travelling, body-switching, plotholes here n there, etc. This was basically just 1 big fanservice saga. Which is fine, im not saying it didn't live up, but like I said, i feel like it was lacking something :dunno

Not sure if this was reported yet, But Toys R Us now has these figures and other Tamashii/Bandi branded figures in stores in their Collector Vector section.

Not sure if this was reported yet, But Toys R Us now has these figures and other Tamashii/Bandi branded figures in stores in their Collector Vector section.

Mannn, and here I am north of the border trying to find a decent place to get them from....

The wait to fill my shelves with Goku Black and Zamasu stuff is killing me.

There are a lot of designs from this story arc that I can't wait to have. It may take awhile until the Funimation dubbed release and the demand to reach its peak but I'd really like to see Tamashii Nations have faith in a lot of these designs to schedule a release throughout their Character Categories.

It really doe...hopefully one of the things we get is an SSJ2 Goku from his first fight with Black :panic:

If it's not a direct Dragon Ball Super Super Saiyan 2 Goku, we'll eventually be able to customize one with different releases to portray it.

It was an entertaining arc, but... to me, it feels like there was something missing. I dunno. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that there wasn't really anything "new," there was nothing in it that we haven't already seen before (aside from Zamasu & Gowasu, although the ladder is essentially just a rehash of the kai(s) from the Buu Saga anyway, he didn't stand out from the rest unlike Zamasu). Timeline travelling, body-switching, plotholes here n there, etc. This was basically just 1 big fanservice saga. Which is fine, im not saying it didn't live up, but like I said, i feel like it was lacking something :dunno

It didn't feel "new" necessarily but it certainly felt like a continuation of the Dragon Ball "lore/mythology." This story arc really felt like a sequel, as somebody mentioned earlier. Goku and Vegeta had arguably important roles throughout the story arc but it didn't end up being about them. It was about Trunks. The character development for him was really well done. It was delivered differently but, for me, it felt very similar to Gohan's character development during the Cell Saga.

Hmm.. i dunno man. That's like saying Ghostbusters 2 expanded upon part 1, when they were essentially the same plot. Exactly how was Trunks' character expanded upon, aside from gaining a power boost? During the Android Era, he was fighting to save everyone and avenge the Z Warriors and Gohan. In this era, he's fighting to save everyone, again. Except now he has a love interest.

Unless you're counting Mai, then yeah I guess that means "character development" for him. Otherwise it's really nothing different than what we've seen before.

Hmm.. i dunno man. That's like saying Ghostbusters 2 expanded upon part 1, when they were essentially the same plot. Exactly how was Trunks' character expanded upon, aside from gaining a power boost? During the Android Era, he was fighting to save everyone and avenge the Z Warriors and Gohan. In this era, he's fighting to save everyone, again. Except now he has a love interest.

He was a mortal fighting against a god and pulled off miracles to destroy him. I would consider that to be a significant change that the character underwent in this story arc compared to his capabilities in the Cell Saga.

If anybody is interested in a Kid Buu figure, Figuarts Zero just had a recent release and it's awesome.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back