S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoiler Spoiler:

All the RoF figures (namely SSGSS Goku and Golden Frieza) were a quick shuffle that was capitalizing on the timing of the Resurrection of 'F movie. Call it a cash grab or whatever..but yeah, it definitely caused Tamashii to shift the figure releases around...

Remember that was around the time a lot of us were anticipating the Absorbed Super Buu figure to be announced...and suddenly Tamashii threw a curve ball and introduced SSGSS Goku and Golden Frieza.

I wouldnt say golden Frieza was a quick cash grab man, iirc was there not a discussion a few months back where we realized he was an entirely new mold from head to toe? If anyone was a cash grab it was Goku and Vegeta tbh.

I would even argue Vegeta more than Goku. Tamashii Nations should have held Vegeta back to give him a more appropriate head sculpt. As much as I like the body sculpt and a couple of the faces, the head sculpt is very disappointing. Especially in comparison with Goku. The paint application on the head mold is also disappointing. I think the head mold is skin tone with a blue paint application over it.

All the RoF figures (namely SSGSS Goku and Golden Frieza) were a quick shuffle that was capitalizing on the timing of the Resurrection of 'F movie. Call it a cash grab or whatever..but yeah, it definitely caused Tamashii to shift the figure releases around...

Remember that was around the time a lot of us were anticipating the Absorbed Super Buu figure to be announced...and suddenly Tamashii threw a curve ball and introduced SSGSS Goku and Golden Frieza.

Which may be for the best, when you think about it. All previous prototypes should be going through upgrades to fit the new articulation quality standards.

I wouldnt say golden Frieza was a quick cash grab man, iirc was there not a discussion a few months back where we realized he was an entirely new mold from head to toe? If anyone was a cash grab it was Goku and Vegeta tbh.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think you're right, but it just feels like they should've spent more time on it (as well as Goku & Vegeta of course). it should've been this
dragonball-dimension-golden-frieza-figure-by-megahouse-pre-order-4.jpg

but instead we got this
SH-Figuarts-DBZ-Golden-Frieza-001.jpg

which still isn't "bad" by any means, but still room for improvement. Just one of those "oh well" feelings we get from time to time

@Angelo that's awesome dude. Just makes me wish they would do a large-scale Shenron that way (I'm talking big, bigger than Hulkbuster big). I don't think any company thus far has the balls to do that for some reason. a large-scale Shenron would be hella fun to put together man

I would even argue Vegeta more than Goku. Tamashii Nations should have held Vegeta back to give him a more appropriate head sculpt. As much as I like the body sculpt and a couple of the faces, the head sculpt is very disappointing. Especially in comparison with Goku. The paint application on the head mold is also disappointing. I think the head mold is skin tone with a blue paint application over it.

Stuff like this makes me wonder if Tamashii (or any other high-end toy company) intentionally lowers the quality of their figures, just to re-release them with updated parts later for more money. There's a lil bit of shady-ness to that kind of business imo

I think you're right, but it just feels like they should've spent more time on it (as well as Goku & Vegeta of course). it should've been this

but instead we got this

which still isn't "bad" by any means, but still room for improvement. Just one of those "oh well" feelings we get from time to time

@Angelo that's awesome dude. Just makes me wish they would do a large-scale Shenron that way (I'm talking big, bigger than Hulkbuster big). I don't think any company thus far has the balls to do that for some reason. a large-scale Shenron would be hella fun to put together man

The Dimension of Dragonball Golden Frieza is spectacular. One of the best bigger figures I've seen. It's actually not that far apart from the S.H. Figuarts version though. The only improvements I would suggest for S.H. Figuarts Golden Frieza would have been the same facial expression, maybe a darker purple in the face, hands, and feet, more pronounced golden colors between the limbs and torso, and a better lower torso piece to resemble the design properly. (Edited: That's really not that bad the more I look at it.) Other than that, I think it looks fairly close.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Edited: The Banpresto SCultures 5 Golden Frieza is very nicely done too...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Thanks! I can't even imagine what Shenron would look like but it would definitely be well worth it. The model kit may be the way to go since all they would have to do is included 5 - 10x the torso mold sheet with a few of them having holes for the hands. ...Now I really want them to release a Shenron.

Edited:
Stuff like this makes me wonder if Tamashii (or any other high-end toy company) intentionally lowers the quality of their figures, just to re-release them with updated parts later for more money. There's a lil bit of shady-ness to that kind of business imo

I've been thinking about that for awhile since I've been watching Super and noticed Vegeta went back to his old attire. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tamashii Nations completely re-do a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta head mold and stick it on the new Super Saiyan Vegeta body for a Dragon Ball Super release.

I would kill for an updated SSB headsculpt. I would even care if they reused the upcoming 2.0 Vegeta body and just gave us a new head. I like the current SSGSS figure but using the old headsculpt and the mismatching blue really killed the figure for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would kill for an updated SSB headsculpt. I would even care if they reused the upcoming 2.0 Vegeta body and just gave us a new head. I like the current SSGSS figure but using the old headsculpt and the mismatching blue really killed the figure for me

I wouldn't be surprised if they re-do the hair at some point. Super Warrior Awakening Goku's hair sculpt was similar but the assembly was different than the first release. Trunks' hair sculpt was all new. Vegeta's is different. Gohan's hair is slightly different. All improvements.

If anybody is interested in having an articulated 100% Final Form Frieza, the Figure-rise Standard looks really good next to Super Warrior Awakening Goku. Honestly, Tamashii Nations should have no difficulty if they do something very similar with little improvements. The only thing I can think of for now is a wider waist or at least an even transition with the torso into the waist.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Here's a few photos of his assembly...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Wow this has LED lights on it (different variation of colors too), it also fits perfect with the s.h figuarts

Edit: I may want this version instead of the figure rise space pod

This thread is so wonderfully thriving every time I check it out. There are new episode discussions, DBZ merchandise releases, and questions. Is the DBZ fanbase just enormous on this site or is DBZ just the most famous SHF line? Also does anyone know the schedule for SHF reveals/releases, how many occur a year, and how big the time gap is from the last reveal/release or does it all vary? Does anyone know how they choose a new character to create in a line because it doesn't seem in line with the story. Is it just random or can fans have a hand in deciding? Sorry for all of the questions.

Is the DBZ fanbase just enormous on this site or is DBZ just the most famous SHF line?

Pretty much both. Tamashii representatives have acknowledged on several occasions that Dragon Ball is their most successful line. About release dates, when the line first started it would only be like 2-3 releases a year. It was even cancelled at one point due to poor sales. About characters, they used to do polls all the time of what we want, which they stopped lately for some reason, but they said they're gonna start doing them again soon. They also said next year they're really going to "step on the gas" for the DBZ line. We've already seen hints of this from the "accidental" Yamcha/Tien reveal

Pretty much both. Tamashii representatives have acknowledged on several occasions that Dragon Ball is their most successful line. About release dates, when the line first started it would only be like 2-3 releases a year. It was even cancelled at one point due to poor sales. About characters, they used to do polls all the time of what we want, which they stopped lately for some reason, but they said they're gonna start doing them again soon. They also said next year they're really going to "step on the gas" for the DBZ line. We've already seen hints of this from the "accidental" Yamcha/Tien reveal

In the Western Market. Which makes the polls at SDCC very vital to the future of the line. (Or at least the current direction.) I really wish they would release them on multiple forms of social media to collect more data.

I really want a bardock figure. Just a plain, OG ver. No need for the SS, alternate universe stuffs.

And a namek vegeta, gohan and maybe krylin. Will prolly skip yamcha and tien as I'm not planning to display them in the Z line up, but it's great news for those of you who are completist of the line.

In the Western Market. Which makes the polls at SDCC very vital to the future of the line. (Or at least the current direction.) I really wish they would release them on multiple forms of social media to collect more data.

I've also been wishing for them to make the polls online too instead of only having them at the comic cons

Price isn't bad either, I may end up.getting 2

Saw it earlier today. I'm actually super hyped about it, very much looking forward to owning at least 1!
I usually don't like 3rd party stuff as they're never up to standard of official product but this is on point.

Wow this has LED lights on it (different variation of colors too), it also fits perfect with the s.h figuarts
Spoiler Spoiler:

Edit: I may want this version instead of the figure rise space pod

I still prefer the Figure-Rise Mechanics version by the photos. This looks really good though!

I've also been wishing for them to make the polls online too instead of only having them at the comic cons

I do, too. Tamashii Nations includes a piece of paper that has a bar code with each of their products but it's mostly aimed towards Japanese collectors. I think they should do that for the Western market as well.

12dd1b6541f433c061f20e1586b6aff3.jpg
Did not know some of these were shown. Really need that end of Z Goku. Also where is this "accidental" Yamucha/Tien reveal at?

Back