S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here's Adam answering some questions about more female SH Figuarts DBZ characters, the PCE's, 2.0 versions, that SSJ Trunks head with the crazy hair they never released at 2016 SDCC. Starts around 13:30

Adam is a good dude and extremely patient with the fans as he does tons of interviews as he has become the "guy" when it comes to talking about Tamashii Nations at SDCC.

However, I don't know how much "influence" he has with product decisions and such. His LinkedIn profile says he's in the Collector Toy Dept. in Bandai but we don't have much clue of his actual role. I think he mostly just lets the main Bandai office know all the feedback he's hearing from the West and ultimately it's others making the final calls. I hope he's able to play a bigger role as time goes on because he really listens to us back here in the States.

Thanks Bee. Cool to hear, if they follow through, that they're gonna up the ante on DBZ FiguArts next year.

EDIT: @Bardoon yeah I think Adam was as explicit and direct as he could here and he really dived in most things. So this was an excellent interview.

Here's Adam answering some questions about more female SH Figuarts DBZ characters, the PCE's, 2.0 versions, that SSJ Trunks head with the crazy hair they never released at 2016 SDCC. Starts around 13:30

That interview really got me hyped up!!! Sounds like they're going all out next year and have finally listened to our voices, can't wait for October/November :D

Edited: Glad to see that Adam Newman acknowledged the feedback. This should motivate those who have certain opinions, that want to be heard, to let Tamashii Nations know on Social Media. Whether it's a shot in the dark or will be taken into consideration, let your voice be heard.

Also, putting the gas on the Dragon Ball Character Category? There's even more gas in the tank after the past year?! :yess:

Adam is a good dude and extremely patient with the fans as he does tons of interviews as he has become the "guy" when it comes to talking about Tamashii Nations at SDCC.

However, I don't know how much "influence" he has with product decisions and such. His LinkedIn profile says he's in the Collector Toy Dept. in Bandai but we don't have much clue of his actual role. I think he mostly just lets the main Bandai office know all the feedback he's hearing from the West and ultimately it's others making the final calls. I hope he's able to play a bigger role as time goes on because he really listens to us back here in the States.

He works closely with the Western market. I believe he said it took him 5 years to finally get the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle licensing and a few others that the Western market has been asking for.

Is the kid goku figure coming out anytime soon or was it cancelled?

I heard a rumor that it was being retooled.

Is the kid goku figure coming out anytime soon or was it cancelled?

Rule 1 of figuarts: Just because a figure is shown doesnt always mean it will see release, case and point, Nappa, the Buus and pretty much every figure seen at that event not from Super. We can hope, but we will know when we know, its just that simple with figuarts.

In the video above Adam Newman mentions the status of all those "for display only" prototypes we see & how Tamashii sees things from their point of view. basically he says they're aware of what we want & we should just be patient

Just think about how long it took base Goku to come out. His prototype was shown years before he actually came out. There's a lot of things behind the scenes that we don't know about that delay certain prototypes from coming out right after they're displayed. Patience is the name of the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who does everybody think the March, or next, S.H. Figuarts release will be? A prototype that we've already seen or a newer design/character?

I hope it is Yamcha or Ten. Probably not.

It did make me laugh when Adam Newman paused in the interview when he was listing the names on the poll and came across Yamcha. I'm surprised that wasn't asked in the interview unless Adam told him he couldn't comment on them and they edited it out.

One of them could be revealed in the September listed products on Shonen Jump.

i would like it see freeza 2.0 and/or 100%

Newman said that any Saga is open, right? I wouldn't be surprised if Tamashii Nations updates Frieza or makes a 100% Frieza when they focus on that Saga

This is a long shot, but I'm looking for an SDCC Broly box for sale. If anyone is willing to part with theirs, I will buy it for a reasonable price! PM Me.

Put the Super Saiyan Goku Figure-rise Standard model kit together. It was a lot of fun. Really adds that extra depth to the articulation and design of the figure.

i would like it see freeza 2.0 and/or 100%

Idunno if a 100% Freezer would work, technically speaking. for 1, look at Armor Trunks. As soon as it was revealed & even till this day people are saying he isn't "big enough." Same with the new Vegeta coming out (although it's now arguable that it's "supposed" to be SS Vegeta 2.0 instead of "Super" Vegeta, which is technically STILL Vegeta 2.0, so that entire argument completely baffles me, but whatevs). how u think a 100% Freezer would look? Bigger than the 1st, but not big enough. proportions would be off since he's a small character, etc. It would just either look incredibly awkward or, according to a lot of collectors, "still not big enough," in my opinion. Even Golden Freezer isn't 100% like his artwork, and that should've been a cakewalk for Tamashii. Obviously a quick cash-grab release for RoF on Tamashii's part :nono

A Mecha Freezer however would be pretty cool, despite his limited screentime. But you know what? Screw Freeza he already has 2 technically 3 Figuart representations, give us a badass Cooler or Frost figure :lecture (Cooler deserves it more than Frost, despite being non-canon)

Put the Super Saiyan Goku Figure-rise Standard model kit together. It was a lot of fun. Really adds that extra depth to the articulation and design of the figure.

photos?

I wouldnt say golden Frieza was a quick cash grab man, iirc was there not a discussion a few months back where we realized he was an entirely new mold from head to toe? If anyone was a cash grab it was Goku and Vegeta tbh.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back