S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's awesome seeing these two if only for the positive repercussions they'll have. If they're willing to go all out and give new sculpts for a Yamcha, all future figures from now on will have to live up to that standard. Nice that we'll have some new characters to display and the best versions of these two at that

I feel it adds weight to the rumors that Tamashii Nations has been having trouble signing off on prototypes because of the high standards that Super Warrior Awakening Goku, Super Saiyan Trunks, and Super (Saiyan) Vegeta have set. I don't believe these are the 1st prototypes that Tamashii Nations has produced of either Yamcha or Tien.

I'm putting it out there, hopefully one of you fine gents are going to SDCC. If anyone wouldn't mind popping by the Panini America booth ( 2447 ), they usually have a playmat on sale and a free promo card for their Dragonball Z card game at SDCC.

They didn't announce anything this year, but if anyone would be so kind as to pop by, I've never heard of them having a line, and are usually more than happy to throw promo's at you.

Well, well well, look what the cat dragged in. Tien and Yamcha, finally happening, congrats to particularly those who I've seen drooling over the thought for like 3 years.
Edit: this may have come off as sarcastic or snarky, but I actually meant it seriously, been a long wait for some.
Looks like brand new sculpts!

Also, note Gohan has a SSJ1 head-sculpt as well.

Those headsculpts are the same ones, pretty sure of it. Maybe some tweaks here and there.

What other way would we pose him? [emoji6]

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk
Damn right :hi5:

Looks like these are the Android/Cell Saga looks, which is great. I wonder if they're focusing on that particular era now?

That yamcha is just a paintjob away from blue gi Gohan right? They seem to have relegated the BUU era to zeroes for now.

Not quite, I was thinking about this earlier. It would need Tien's boots recolored and a different sash belt that's more off to the side. Easily done though.

Edited:
So much for SS4 goku..... thats one of my grail figures and now its forever lost in prototype hell.

Nah, they're just waiting for the right time to release him. Have patience.

Oh that's right, blue gi gohan has more tien style shoes, I forgot. Though... I'm not sure if I'd let that stop me, Gohan could've easily had these shoes too. Not that I'm gonna attempt this but, you know, even more fun if gohan fans can get a release out of this that's still pretty low chance of seeing its own, I think.

Oh that's right, blue gi gohan has more tien style shoes, I forgot. Though... I'm not sure if I'd let that stop me, Gohan could've easily had these shoes too. Not that I'm gonna attempt this but, you know, even more fun if gohan fans can get a release out of this that's still pretty low chance of seeing its own, I think.

I wouldn't consider it a low chance. It would be ideal to go along with a non-World Tournament Videl release. If there's demand for it, Tamashii Nations will answer. The timing of that answer is unpredictable though.

Edited:
SS4 Goku will def be released eventually; if anything is in prototype hell then it's Buuhan & Buutenks

Gohan and Gotenks absorbed Super Buu are in Prototype Limbo. ...Nappa's in Prototype Hell.

I wonder if Yamcha and Tien might be web exclusives in Japan.

Hear me out...it's obvious that Tien and Yamcha's popularity is divided among fans. They were an integral part of Dragon Ball but slowly faded to the background with DBZ. Nonetheless, they do have a following but is it enough to generate strong sales? I'd almost argue that 'no' and by making them web exclusives, Tamashii's production numbers can be on the lower end since they won't be in brick & mortar stores.

Gohan and Gotenks absorbed Super Buu are in Prototype Limbo. ...Nappa's in Prototype Hell.

That specific Nappa is in prototype hell. Nappa himself will be released (eventually). The Buu's too will be released with time. Newman himself said they plan on going for 10+ years and the Buu's we've seen are damn fine as they are. If anything they're updating the knees and other parts to go with the new high standards they've been setting for themselves. SSJ4 Goku is a perfect example. He's been updated before and will be released in due time, my guess sometime next year.

@Bardoon imo they're on par with Android 16 & Whis. 16 wasn't a big sell & i doubt Whis will be either

I wonder if Yamcha and Tien might be web exclusives in Japan.

Hear me out...it's obvious that Tien and Yamcha's popularity is divided among fans. They were an integral part of Dragon Ball but slowly faded to the background with DBZ. Nonetheless, they do have a following but is it enough to generate strong sales? I'd almost argue that 'no' and by making them web exclusives, Tamashii's production numbers can be on the lower end since they won't be in brick & mortar stores.

If they end up being web exclusives, it'll actually be "good news." It'll show that Tamashii Nations will be incorporating the newer articulation into all releases and not just regular releases which is something I've been questioning about for awhile.

Edited: Not sure when the convention opens tonight but we should be able to get a lot more photos of the Tien and Yamcha within the next couple of hours.

I don't even get excited for prototypes anymore. Unless I see them up for pre order, it's all just a troll. Where's my Shenron and Buu!

I don't even get excited for prototypes anymore. Unless I see them up for pre order, it's all just a troll. Where's my Shenron and Buu!

Sorry, too busy making the cheerleaders of the Z squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, too busy making the cheerleaders of the Z squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would still pick up them cheerleaders, As long as there fugen made. There to busy doing re releases and repaintings. We already have ugly bootlegs for that.

Back