S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crisis you're trying too hard.... :lol

voted Tien, **** Yamcha :lecture he needs a Saibaman!

A few years ago I was dead set against small characters getting figure slots, but now that we have alot more releases I dont feel as against the idea. Just as long as we dont get stupid releases like bandit Yamcha or farmer Goku.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bandit Yamcha is awesome.

Sent from Korin's Tower.

so i finally did the neck peg switch on one of my armored trunks and here are the results. The armored trunks normal face fits okay on the short hair of the OG but cant use the SSJ faces of the new one on the short hair one because of the peg on the bangs. Also new ssj faces fit okay on the jacksdo but the side is very gappy. Not sure how i want to display him now lol

also, for some reason i feel like the PCE ssj trunks head and faces look better than the OG one on this body? idk i think i like how the PCE ssj faces has more of a angry glare look to it than a calm look, and the glossy yellow and orange shaded hair seems to match the body more, but idk.

"The nightmare is over Cell! DIE!"

Attachments

• trunks short ssj nightmare.jpg
    trunks short ssj nightmare.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 228
  • trunks short ssj.jpg
    trunks short ssj.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 225
  • trunks short hair.jpg
    trunks short hair.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 236
  • trunks ussj side.jpg
    trunks ussj side.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 221
  • trunks ussj.jpg
    trunks ussj.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 236
  • pce trunks head 2.jpg
    pce trunks head 2.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 231
  • pce trunks head.jpg
    pce trunks head.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 233
Great shots misterW! So new normal face fits without any kind of modification in the old mold? I wanna do this with my PC Trunks.

aside from switching out the neck pegs (which you have to do very carefully, i ran them under hot water to soften them up and used a pair of good pliers to slowly wiggle them out) no real modifications. The new normal face fits in the old short hair okay, the circle pegs fit inside the rectangle slots okay but the new face is a smidge wider so the pegs do get slightly bent (not alot, and definitely fixable with warm water later on if you want to switch back). As for new SSJ face on Jacksdo head, they do not fit to securely and leaves gappage on the side, even the OG faces leave a very small gap on the jacksdo head (could just be mine though).

Also, at first i thought the PCE ssj face was too pale and would not match the body, but once i got it on, it looked fine to me haha You cant put the new faces on the old hair withouth modifying it though from what i can see. Because the short ssj hair has a flat peg on the bangs that slot into the the top of the old faces the new faces wont fit unless you want to cut off the peg. I'm fine with using the original faces with the original ssj head though, although if you make him look up too high he might start to look a little dis-proportioned.

Overall, I'd say the neck peg switch is worth the effort, i took it off my datong scouter vegeta. Originally i was gonna take it off my old first edition datong ssj vegeta but i did it carelessly and snapped the peg (didnt warm it up and just pulled). So now i have two fodder bodies, a scouter vegeta body and an ssj vegeta body lol Currently i have trunks displayed with his normal short hair since i felt like i had too many super saiyans on my shelf, and trunks normal hair is pretty unique among the saiyans as well imo, if i only there was an imperfect cell figure to go with it! :slap

If you dont have any datongs i think the neck pegs on PCE trunks or PCE vegeta will probably work too, just be very careful and warm them up too.

Thanks for the explanation! I can't wait to try when mine arrives, I placed my order in anime island to see how works that free international shipping, but i'm still waiting :impatient:

I'm not interested in villains, but I hope Tamashii will give you guys that Imperfect Cell!

The Figure-rise Standard Super Saiyan Goku is using/adding some nice touches that I think Tamashii Nations should be comfortable with if they plan on releasing a 2.0 Super Saiyan Goku in the future...

- Newer art style Super Saiyan head mold. Could be an easy repaint of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku's head mold. Super Warrior Awakening Goku has the older arty style done perfectly but it's time for a newer art style mold.
- The mid-torso articulation. It worked for Krillin and it looks like it will work for Goku too.
- The blue undershirt sculpted on the shoulder that's separated from the orange gi. It has a better overall appearance and adds depth. Super Saiyan God Goku had it on his prototype.
- The shoulder transition. (The shoulder muscle should be uncovered more though when transitioned into the rest of the arm.) Much needed for future releases. Super Saiyan 3 Goku's arms had a great transition.
- The knees are sculpted with the gi folds. (Not shown in the picture.) They are very similar to Broly's knees. While Super Saiyan 4 Goku's knees are a huge improvement over the old mold, I think the transition would be incredibly smooth if they included the gi folds into them.

Spoiler Spoiler:

actually had a chance to see a good painted build of figuerise standard goku and it's not as bad as i initially thought. It has potential, they also had Cell and the saiyan space pods there too, this line has got potential for sure.

The Figure-rise Standard Super Saiyan Goku is using/adding some nice touches that I think Tamashii Nations should be comfortable with if they plan on releasing a 2.0 Super Saiyan Goku in the future...

- Newer art style Super Saiyan head mold. Could be an easy repaint of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku's head mold. Super Warrior Awakening Goku has the older arty style done perfectly but it's time for a newer art style mold.
- The mid-torso articulation. It worked for Krillin and it looks like it will work for Goku too.
- The blue undershirt sculpted on the shoulder that's separated from the orange gi. It has a better overall appearance and adds depth. Super Saiyan God Goku had it on his prototype.
- The shoulder transition. (The shoulder muscle should be uncovered more though when transitioned into the rest of the arm.) Much needed for future releases. Super Saiyan 3 Goku's arms had a great transition.
- The knees are sculpted with the gi folds. (Not shown in the picture.) They are very similar to Broly's knees. While Super Saiyan 4 Goku's knees are a huge improvement over the old mold, I think the transition would be incredibly smooth if they included the gi folds into them.

I could totally see a Figuarts Goku 2.0 that looks like that (but better polished of course). I honestly can't wait to see how future figures will turn out utilizing this type of articulation.

I finally bought a Jacksdo Super Saiyan 3 Goku head and red aura effect from ebay. Can't wait for them to come in.

Hey there, I recently got my Trunks figure from Bandai Online and he’s got this darkish discolouration around on the centre crotch piece and the inside of he’s left thigh, has anybody seen something similar on theirs? This is the best picture I could get, the flash is making it a bit hard to see. Is this the kind of thing you can get an exchange on, or am I overthinking it? IMG_6965.jpg

Hey there, I recently got my Trunks figure from Bandai Online and he’s got this darkish discolouration around on the centre crotch piece and the inside of he’s left thigh, has anybody seen something similar on theirs? This is the best picture I could get, the flash is making it a bit hard to see. Is this the kind of thing you can get an exchange on, or am I overthinking it? View attachment 277093

Mines the same, think its supposed to be shading

Hey there, I recently got my Trunks figure from Bandai Online and he’s got this darkish discolouration around on the centre crotch piece and the inside of he’s left thigh, has anybody seen something similar on theirs? This is the best picture I could get, the flash is making it a bit hard to see. Is this the kind of thing you can get an exchange on, or am I overthinking it? View attachment 277093

I think most if not all were made that way

Dumb question but does anyone know if Super Saiyan Son Goku (manga) will have a re-release? Or is $50 USD the lowest it has ever been, I thought I had seen it going for $30+ back then

Dumb question but does anyone know if Super Saiyan Son Goku (manga) will have a re-release? Or is $50 USD the lowest it has ever been, I thought I had seen it going for $30+ back then

At this point he's been released multiple times, but with awakening Goku now able to be reissued I doubt manga Goku will get anymore attention.

Ok, heads up folks, theres a "new" bootleg Trunks on the market, under both original and PCE type colors. The worrying thing is that the boxes have a toei sticker on them which looks VERY authentic. Before, if the companies tried to scam the way to tell was, of course that sticker, but now theres no way of knowing unless you examine the figure closely.

In terms of the figure it SEEMS like the same comapny (and mold) as the other bootleg I reviewed, namely because the hair strands on the regular head are too short, the same as that one, but the colors look more accurate.

HTB1auudKVXXXXXsXVXXq6xXFXXX7.jpg

I got the pic from ali express btw, so yes, those are definitely bootlegs. I know the box look genuine, but trust me, I know my bootlegs at this point :p

I suppose the main positive is the the PCE version seems to have a skin tone to match the real one, so all the faces and hands (which it seems to come with all of them) wont look out of place. I may buy the PCE fake just to show you folks in a review.

Back