S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point he's been released multiple times, but with awakening Goku now able to be reissued I doubt manga Goku will get anymore attention.

I know, I've been too busy trying to buy the more expensive figures first before they get any more pricey, manga piccolo and gohan are still gettting their re-release and with the new gohan coming in January, he may also stop getting re-released (if indeed ss Goku will no longer have re-releases)

Dumb question but does anyone know if Super Saiyan Son Goku (manga) will have a re-release? Or is $50 USD the lowest it has ever been, I thought I had seen it going for $30+ back then

Manga ssj goku has been rereleased 2 times already (or even 3!?). I'd imagine he should be obtainable for less than 50 (excl shipping maybe depending on where you are). Dunno if they'd rerelease him again though, because a 2.0 version is likely and would be a normal release with a higher production quantity and itself rereleasable. But ultimately it is and remains a gamble either way.

Manga ssj goku has been rereleased 2 times already (or even 3!?). I'd imagine he should be obtainable for less than 50 (excl shipping maybe depending on where you are). Dunno if they'd rerelease him again though, because a 2.0 version is likely and would be a normal release with a higher production quantity and itself rereleasable. But ultimately it is and remains a gamble either way.

Cheapest I found was 45 w/free shipping, couldn't find nothing better than that

The post by Bluefin has me curious. Do you think they're asking for an SDCC reveal or collecting data? Super Saiyan Trunks' extra head was a prototype "never meant to be seen" so is it possible that Tamashii Nations has Tien and Yamcha prototypes reveal-ready?

Lol good timing angelo

It was crazy, I couldn't believe they did that. I hope Bluefin continues to ask those types of questions for all lines.

actually had a chance to see a good painted build of figuerise standard goku and it's not as bad as i initially thought. It has potential, they also had Cell and the saiyan space pods there too, this line has got potential for sure.

How did Perfect Cell and the Saiyan Space Pod look? The Super Saiyan Goku and Final Form Frieza will determine the potential of this line. If the quality is great, and is consistent, then it has really good potential. I can't complain about a Dragon Ball Z model kit for around $25 each.

I could totally see a Figuarts Goku 2.0 that looks like that (but better polished of course). I honestly can't wait to see how future figures will turn out utilizing this type of articulation.

Upgrading the Figure-rise Standard product/quality to S.H. Figuarts product/quality would make Goku 2.0 amazing.

From my understanding, Bluefin just collects data and pushes it onto Bandai through intermediaries like Adam Newman and whatever other representatives. Bluefin best serves Tamashii by providing order numbers, etc. to give Bandai their metrics for their region as well as understanding fan wants. Bluefin's data is definitely taken into consideration, but it ultimately lies with Bandai Japan on figure decisions.

I think the only time Bluefin gets to make a decision on a figure is when they request the SDCC exclusives.

It's possible that Bluefin has a Tamashii prototype on-hand to show off but I wish Bluefin would step back from the prototype antics of Tamashii in the East, which they often do. This causes Bluefin undo hardship to constantly address our fan questions which can be borderline annoying after a while on top of the "prototype trolling" that Tamashii is notorious for.

Dumb question but does anyone know if Super Saiyan Son Goku (manga) will have a re-release? Or is $50 USD the lowest it has ever been, I thought I had seen it going for $30+ back then

How important is the box? This guy on ig has one with a damaged box for $20 shipped in the states. He's definitely legit. He's got a bunch available for really great prices right now actually.
Screenshot_20160716-143606.jpg

Something a little bit different folks, did a quick review of a bootleg effect piece, clearly Cells Kamehameha, but without, well, Cell :p

Dragon Ball Super Episode 52 was really well done. One of my favorite episodes of the series. The cause of Vegeta's anger/determination and the relationship between Future Trunks and Gohan were exactly how I imagined it would be. Next week's episode appears that it will explore Black's powers so I'm looking forward to that.

Dragon Ball Super Episode 52 was really well done. One of my favorite episodes of the series. The cause of Vegeta's anger/determination and the relationship between Future Trunks and Gohan were exactly how I imagined it would be. Next week's episode appears that it will explore Black's powers so I'm looking forward to that.

No episode next week guy. Episode 53 wont be airing until the 31st.

No episode next week guy. Episode 53 wont be airing until the 31st.

Two weeks? Dang. That's alright, San Diego Comic Con is next weekend and that will have most of my attention. Thanks for letting me know!

forgot who asked me but to answer the question if youre looking for a very anime accurate Cell then the figurise standard wont suit your tastes. If you dont mind the more muscular looking aesthetic then i say it's a good stand in for a 2.0, especially since i feel the model has a more proper height to scale with the other figures. It'll look even better if youre willing to go the extra mile and detail and paint it up as well. Also i still feel very meh about the gohan model, it just looks bad to me imo except for maybe the hair sculpt.

As for the space pods, they look pretty decent to me and will serve it's purpose for anyone who wants one, and beats shelling out the ridiculous amount of money for the other one that some people have lol And again since it's a model it has the potential to look very good if you put it in the time, but for a fraction of the price (im guessing around 25 dollars) it's worth it imo. Hopefully they do go ahead and release the vehicles though, that would be pretty awesome for anyone who ever wanted those (time machine, space pods, friezas hover chair).

forgot who asked me but to answer the question if youre looking for a very anime accurate Cell then the figurise standard wont suit your tastes. If you dont mind the more muscular looking aesthetic then i say it's a good stand in for a 2.0, especially since i feel the model has a more proper height to scale with the other figures. It'll look even better if youre willing to go the extra mile and detail and paint it up as well. Also i still feel very meh about the gohan model, it just looks bad to me imo except for maybe the hair sculpt.

As for the space pods, they look pretty decent to me and will serve it's purpose for anyone who wants one, and beats shelling out the ridiculous amount of money for the other one that some people have lol And again since it's a model it has the potential to look very good if you put it in the time, but for a fraction of the price (im guessing around 25 dollars) it's worth it imo. Hopefully they do go ahead and release the vehicles though, that would be pretty awesome for anyone who ever wanted those (time machine, space pods, friezas hover chair).

That's what I was hoping for, a 2.0/proper height scale. I'd like to use it as for when Perfect Cell powers up similar to Future Trunks and Gohan kicks him...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I've been tempted to purchase a Saiyan Pod but I'm afraid they're going to take up too much room in my display. The Time Machine and First Form Frieza in his hover chair will be great though!

Thanks for the answer, misterW!

@Big Deano great review man, keep em coming :clap

any1 have any guesses when Chibi Goku will be released?

59971e37d5b91adbbba5215a4e372d82.jpg

Who knows...it's another prototype troll amidst all the other prototype trolls that Tamashii does.

Though they did devote a whole display to the various copies of the prototype they had so if anything, that figure is more legitimate than the others and there's lots of new parts on it. But they've done similar things with the SSJ4 Goku prototype and we've seen how that goes. Lots of teasing and no commitment.

If anything, he MIGHT show up in 2017. Or be lost in the land of Misfit Tamashii Prototypes.

Oh I have a question! Since I've never bought a "model kit" before or whatever that Figurise Dragonball is, does it mean that we'll have to paint all the parts ourselves just like how a lot of the model kits I see on youtube are? Thanks! :)

@Big Deano great review man, keep em coming :clap

any1 have any guesses when Chibi Goku will be released?

Probably next year. Rumor has it that they were recently redesigning the prototype.

Who knows...it's another prototype troll amidst all the other prototype trolls that Tamashii does.

Though they did devote a whole display to the various copies of the prototype they had so if anything, that figure is more legitimate than the others and there's lots of new parts on it. But they've done similar things with the SSJ4 Goku prototype and we've seen how that goes. Lots of teasing and no commitment.

If anything, he MIGHT show up in 2017. Or be lost in the land of Misfit Tamashii Prototypes.

The upgrades to prototypes are always a great sign though. Super Saiyan 4 Goku may take a few years before it's eventually released but seeing Tamashii Nations updating the prototype shows foreseeable commitment.

Oh I have a question! Since I've never bought a "model kit" before or whatever that Figurise Dragonball is, does it mean that we'll have to paint all the parts ourselves just like how a lot of the model kits I see on youtube are? Thanks! :)

Nope, all pieces should be in their respective coloring. Even the eyes and faces are multi-layered molds put together.

Spoiler Spoiler:

@adeno

these model kits will probably be like newer gundam model kits. They will come mostly molded in the right colors, but if you paint it or detail it yourself, it will greatly improve the look of the kit overall. Most promo images of model kits are painted by professionals unless stated on the photo. Alot of gundam kits nowadays now have a photo of an unpainted version on the box so you can see how a straight build will look like. Things like shading or more accurate coloring is almost always done by the builder. Since it's a model kit youre free to do as you like ofcourse, and if you like the straight build look ofcourse youre free to do it that way. For some gundams certain details may be done with stickers that are provided, some builders opt to paint in those details instead of using stickers, those are a minor way of detailing you can do for example.

I imagine goku's boot lining details will be stickers similar to the MG figuerise version, i opted to paint that in on my kit instead of using the stickers.

Back