S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Late to the party, but ssgssj Vegeta and Armored Trunks finally came in.

34e2ba1932e190e01a566343db1b5de3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

The purple on his face plate doesn't go to the sculpted line and the lower neck is black instead of white, so they already need to work on his paint.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Man that Gohan really needs some scrapes and scuffs on his skin. It really does look like he took a shower after a good sleep and threw on his torn up gi.

Seriously guys, are those of you who "like" Cells colors really not going to complain and at least try and get it fixed to be accurate like Coolers amazing picture?

I will say this now, this will become the new ssj3 laughing stock figure if we dont try to do something about it and I guarantee you will all regret leaving it as it is.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm with you Deano, where can I submit my complaint though?

Cooler, if you don't mind me using that edited image of the cells to use for my msg complaint to Tamashii :)

@Ang No, true, they don't promise that. But straying so far away from the thing the majority of consumers care about is questionable when not designated as a variant. It's rather falsely hope-inducing (yet again tamashii), especially when the other two PCE's didn't stray this far by a long shot. Both could even be argued as improvements. This is variant, straight up. Great for everyone who likes it, but this is something that nearly nobody asked for. No they didn't promise anything, nor do they owe us anything. Doesn't make it any less stupid to not give the majority of consumers what they were hoping for, based on a precedent by tamashii themselves.

Tamashii remains completely unpredictable, even in consumer friendlyness. You get two pce's for highly wanted figures, both great and well within the lines of arguable coloring etc. And then they throw this thing out. It's dumb and disappointing, simple as that. Everyone who happens to like it is just lucky.

(Yes, I will drop it now.)

A large enough amount of collectors/consumers demanded reissues of previous web exclusives where Tamashii Nations decided to supply them with a product that didn't go against their policy and differed from the original release. So "straying so far away" is an overstatement when you take into consideration that the target market for the Premium Color releases are those collectors/consumers.

How do you not consider Premium Color Super Saiyan Vegeta and Future Trunks as variants? Future Trunks' jacket was a different color, that I don't believe is either Manga or Anime, and had filled-in pupils. Super Saiyan Vegeta paint applications were from a completely different Saga than the original release. (Edited: Completely forgot about the different paint application to the Super Saiyan hair that a lot of people complained about.) A variant is "a form or version of something that differs in some respect from other forms of the same thing or from a standard." Both Super Saiyan Vegeta and Future Trunks fit that description whether it's a minor or massive difference from the original release. Premium Color Perfect Cell prototype is absolutely no different.

How is this "something that nearly nobody asked for" when the same group that I mentioned at first were demanding it and collectors are already saying they're going to purchase it?

A large enough amount of collectors/consumers demanded reissues of previous web exclusives where Tamashii Nations decided to supply them with a product that didn't go against their policy and differed from the original release. So "straying so far away" is an overstatement when you take into consideration that the target market for the Premium Color releases are those collectors/consumers.

How do you not consider Premium Color Super Saiyan Vegeta and Future Trunks as variants? Future Trunks' jacket was a different color, that I don't believe is either Manga or Anime, and had filled-in pupils. Super Saiyan Vegeta paint applications were from a completely different Saga than the original release. (Edited: Completely forgot about the different paint application to the Super Saiyan hair that a lot of people complained about.) A variant is "a form or version of something that differs in some respect from other forms of the same thing or from a standard." Both Super Saiyan Vegeta and Future Trunks fit that description whether it's a minor or massive difference from the original release. Premium Color Perfect Cell prototype is absolutely no different.

How is this "something that nearly nobody asked for" when the same group that I mentioned at first were demanding it and collectors are already saying they're going to purchase it?

If I could literally give you a hug I would, I swear some people complain just because they can. I guess I am one of the lucky ones because I don't mind the color. I plan on picking one up due to the fact that my original one's joints are extremely weak, and if they at least fix that issue, then this rendition is worth a purchase. The vibrant color scheme is just icing on the cake for me.

Don't forget the accessory differences between those figures and their originals. They're not the same figures, maybe not by a huge margin.

If I could literally give you a hug I would, I swear some people complain just because they can. I guess I am one of the lucky ones because I don't mind the color. I plan on picking one up due to the fact that my original one's joints are extremely weak, and if they at least fix that issue, then this rendition is worth a purchase. The vibrant color scheme is just icing on the cake for me.

We arent complaining "because we can" we are complaining because its not accurate to ANYTHING, at all, from any source material. We start allowing this, pretty soon we will have blue Piccolos and multicolor Gokus.

Btw Ang, just to answer your question, PCE Vegeta was fine because he was accurate to BoG, PCE Trunks was fine because he was accurate to being lit up by aura, which they were promoting with them. Cell has no such explanation, its just off. Edit, scratch that Trunks explanation, he is accurate to Kai:

TrunksFutureNV020..png

Anyway, im done, ive said my piece and sent a message to Tamashii telling them they done goofed. If its fixed, im buying, if not, the OG is fine by me. At least thats accurate to something....

I'm so confused now cuz in that pic, he looks MUCH more anime accurate and amazing. I'm really hoping it's the lighting and angles that's deceiving cuz those above pics make it look perfect. Cooler's pic comparison I think is the nail in the coffin in regards to whether or not it's anime accurate or not.

Regarding the accuracy, while the PC's aren't marketed as such, the last two were at least somewhat anime or manga accurate. According to (most) of the pictures, the color is just completely wrong. It's as if they were to give us a Super Saiyan PC character with orange hair instead of yellow. The green has an almost blueish hue to it in some pics and it's truly an odd color choice on Tamashii's part. Strange part is that they seem to be going for more accuracy so if the green is really as off as it seems, it just just seems like a missed opportunity.

^It's funny what lighting can do because the green looks a bit lighter on Cell there.

Still gonna get him either way.

Lighter on these new and better photos, yes. But still wrong.

If that is their final work (hope not), I am not interested (I have OG).

Gohan on the contrary, is a delightful prototype...:clap

Btw Ang, just to answer your question, PCE Vegeta was fine because he was accurate to BoG, PCE Trunks was fine because he was accurate to being lit up by aura, which they were promoting with them. Cell has no such explanation, its just off. Edit, scratch that Trunks explanation, he is accurate to Kai:

Spoiler Spoiler:

You'll have to remind me what question that answer is referring to, Deano. Given by your answer, I don't remember questioning where they were from. I even stated in my post that Super Saiyan Vegeta was from a different Saga. Future Trunks' jacket has many different colors in Dragon Ball Kai, apparently. The photo you found and then this is a screenshot from the episode where he and Goku powered up and also an eyecatcher...

Spoiler Spoiler:

You'll have to remind me what question that answer is referring to, Deano. Given by your answer, I don't remember questioning where they were from. I even stated in my post that Super Saiyan Vegeta was from a different Saga. Future Trunks' jacket has many different colors in Dragon Ball Kai, apparently. The photo you found and then this is a screenshot from the episode where he and Goku powered up and also an eyecatcher...

Sorry, I misread your post then man. I thought you were asking where the PCE colors originated from on those two. You are right about Trunks, its just that, as we know, Tamashii finds a single scene and takes inspiration from it, and honestly I can find nowhere for that Cells color scheme.

Believe me, ive been trying to find a way to justify it to myself and its just not there [emoji14]

Anyway, enough about Cell, lets discuss that amazing Gohan!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

also for real on Cell, he had so many different colorations. I don't even think a PC Cell was necessary, at all. I think a lighter green should have been the pick though, but it seems like they're going with darker color schemes. Nothing could have been done really.

I saw the Armor Goku pic, probably not real either. Would be nice, but we'd need a Gohan to go with him.

Some of the complaints are slightly *ridiculous but some of the complaints are also understandable. Accuracy plays a very important aspect for collectors and it's understandable that they would like to see that specific design in the products that they enjoy to purchase.

Glad to hear that! The vibrant colors work really well on this prototype. It was one of the most eye-catching prototypes I've seen in quite awhile that I actually thought, for a brief second, that it was a new mold. The best thing about Premium Color releases is to provide an alternative for collectors and I'm glad that Tamashii Nations is going through with Perfect Cell. My original Perfect Cell's joints are slightly loose so I'm hoping we'll get stronger joints too. It'll be really interesting to see how the final product is compared to the prototype.

Sorry, I misread your post then man. I thought you were asking where the PCE colors originated from on those two. You are right about Trunks, its just that, as we know, Tamashii finds a single scene and takes inspiration from it, and honestly I can find nowhere for that Cells color scheme.

Believe me, ive been trying to find a way to justify it to myself and its just not there [emoji14]

Anyway, enough about Cell, lets discuss that amazing Gohan!

Completely understandable, Deano! As I mentioned above, I know how accuracy can play a very important part for collectors.

Super Saiyan Son Gohan is still an early prototype but...WOW! Tamashii Nations still has work left to do but this looks like it will be an amazing release. I'm very interested to see the photos that Tamashii Nations will post on their website and how it looks in different poses.

Edited:
I think a Figuarts ZERO version of that Gohan would've turned out a lot better, and i dont even collect the zeros

I agree. I understand that Tamashii Nations is going for an iconic design for the character but I think when he 1st transformed would have been a better choice than the Father/Son Kamehameha design. It would have allowed for more posing options than only a stationary pose.

Back