S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's shopped. You can tell in the arms and chest. The colors are representative of the sdcc exclusive however.

Thanks!. Yeah it looked shopped to me, but I wasn't sure

Gotta love that description: "details that couldnt be created before"

Like what, exactly? They didnt have the right green paint colour before or what? [emoji38]

My thoughts :lol

Or we're missing something or they're kidding..:dunno

I think i'll pass this time around, and apparently it doesn't include anything new either

Last edited:
It's shopped. You can tell in the arms and chest. The colors are representative of the sdcc exclusive however.

Broly1-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I look at the side by side pic, the less I think it was shopped. Look at the position of the head. Look at the gap between his right arm and his body. The gap between his legs on the "SDCC" one is smaller. The only part of it that makes me think it is shopped is that there is some digital distortion around the "SDCC" one's head.
I've been wrong before though.

Yes, position it's definitely different from each other, but not sure if colors are shopped on that picture¿? (and I think that's what he meant with shopped).

In any case, the descriprion says that this SDCC "has details that couldnt be created before"..Apart from a different color scheme (more approximate to the anime now), I can't see that extra detail they're talking about :dunno

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/anime/83229-figuarts-dragonball-figures-5242.html

I mean, for example SDCC Piccolo or SDCC Goku had anime colors better paint datail and aditional shading.

Last edited:
The real question is... what could NEXT year's SDCC EX possibly be? they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel

I'd start laughing if it's Trunks Premium Color Edition Plus...basically the same old pce trunks but with all the missing hands and heads back into the set.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

They shopped the head but if you look at the arms and chest, it's exactly the same with someone making the skin tone lighter. The shading is the exact same between the two where the official promo pic shows that the shading is lighter. Again I could be wrong too but we'll have in hand images of the actual figure soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The real question is... what could NEXT year's SDCC EX possibly be? they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel
I think next year they'll start repainting the recent normal releases . Probably warrior awakening goku with more paint detail or armored trunks with a blue suit and painted lines and shading on the armor. Maybe even with the loose hair they left out of the regular release.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Krillin could be a recolor. Take the white out of his eyes, give him a gi that matches normal Goku or Gohan. If they don't do a PCE Cell or SS3 Goku they could also get the SDCC color treatment.

It would be a perfect opportunity to finally release Nappa. So next year's exclusive can be this. boom. just made Tamashii 20 thousands dollars, you're welcome

263px-NappaVegetaTerrorOnArlia_.jpg

..altho a part of me only wants the unarmored version still. If they include his "what? 9000?!" face in an armored version, technically it would be inaccurate ._.

It would be perfect if they made the armor removable and under it he had Battle damage.

The way i see it, by going back in time, Trunks gained knowledge and power to do what he almost certainly wouldnt have been able to do on his own; kill the androids. He altered time by doing so. Its the same as many of the xenoverse changes honestly, only we dont see it as such because it was a "good" change

If my theory is correct, our Earth may well have been next on blacks list anyway.

Good point! It'll be interesting to see how the story unfolds. I'm hoping for a long Saga rather than only a few episodes.

Vegito, Ultimate Gohan, and, like SolidSnakeBoss said, the regular releases but especially Super Warrior Awakening Goku.

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku could be a possibility too. Orange gi, hair closer to Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta's hair paint application.

Edited: Possible Shonen Jump Calendar update tonight. Thinking it'll be Figuarts Zero EX Super Buu. What does everybody else think it will be? If there is one.

Edited: January release...SHFiguarts Super Saiyan Son Gohan

https://www.shonenjump.com/j/jumpcalendar/sakuhin/dragonball/

Speculations? It's a regular release so expect the newer articulation.

I know he's Super Saiyan 2 in this but I would be really excited for this release...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Good point! It'll be interesting to see how the story unfolds. I'm hoping for a long Saga rather than only a few episodes.

Vegito, Ultimate Gohan, and, like SolidSnakeBoss said, the regular releases but especially Super Warrior Awakening Goku.

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku could be a possibility too. Orange gi, hair closer to Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta's hair paint application.

Edited: Possible Shonen Jump Calendar update tonight. Thinking it'll be Figuarts Zero EX Super Buu. What does everybody else think it will be? If there is one.

Edited: January release...SHFiguarts Super Saiyan Son Gohan

https://www.shonenjump.com/j/jumpcalendar/sakuhin/dragonball/

Speculations? It's a regular release so expect the newer articulation.

I know he's Super Saiyan 2 in this but I would be really excited for this release...

Spoiler Spoiler:

pretty sure it is a remake version of cell saga gohan

if it is this buu saga gohan it would be called "great saiyanman ver."

since you can tell from the pattern awakening goku > super trunks > super vegeta,

its gonna be a remake, which is pretty sad

pretty sure it is a remake version of cell saga gohan

if it is this buu saga gohan it would be called "great saiyanman ver."

since you can tell from the pattern awakening goku > super trunks > super vegeta,

its gonna be a remake, which is pretty sad

I can't imagine them updating the Cell Saga Super Saiyan Gohan unless Tamashii Nations get extremely detailed.

I don't think they would name it Great Saiyaman version if he doesn't have the cape and helmet. Super (Saiyan) Vegeta showed that naming a release the same as a previous one is acceptable.

I'm not sure it would be a remake but I'm also not sure which other Super Saiyan Son Gohan is "iconic" enough to continue the theme of the 2.0 releases.

I hope its the purple gi Gohan and it should be followed by Goten. But part of me thinks Bandai will disappoint us by giving us Saiyan armor Gohan

I hope its the purple gi Gohan and it should be followed by Goten. But part of me thinks Bandai will disappoint us by giving us Saiyan armor Gohan

Saiyan armor Gohan? ...That would be a massive troll move by Tamashii Nations. Giving us Gohan in Saiyan armor before Bardock, Nappa, and Raditz.

Saiyan armor Gohan? ...That would be a massive troll move by Tamashii Nations. Giving us Gohan in Saiyan armor before Bardock, Nappa, and Raditz.
I just hope that crow beak of mine is wrong.

I'm sticking with the "iconic" theme that seems to be used as inspiration for these 2.0 regular releases. The only 2 that I can think of for Gohan as a Super Saiyan were from Cell Games Saga and World Tournament Saga and both of them were Super Saiyan 2.

Figure-rise Standard Final Form Frieza is released on July 30th. This appears to be an update on the product...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back