S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't the funidub set to start airing somewhere late summer ir something?

That is incorrect. It will be an 'Asian English dub' of the series. It's being produced for Toonami Asia for markets like Singapore, etc...

Think of it like the Big Green dub made for Dragonball Z so long ago, though hopefully not as horrible as that was.

I totally loved tonight's Super episode. The first character's death was pretty brutal even if it was just some partial sihouette shown... just let your imagination fill in the gaps :O Anyway Mai was actually pretty cute, I wonder how her "big role" is supposed to work based on what just happened.

Speaking of Asian English dubs, I remember getting a Malaysian or Indonesian copy of the first Broly movie from some black market when the internet still wasn't all that great. It sounded really funny and even now, the line "Ahhhh emmmm soooo haaaannnggg-reeeeee" still hasn't left my mind haha :) Too bad it doesn't seem to exist on the net so I can't relive the experience of trying to decipher what they were saying.

Just watched it too. I just hope Super stays this way because now, NOW we have old school DBZ back! The seriousness of Trunks parts is amazing and tense, and yes, there are "casualties", wont say who, but its as if Toriyama thought "ok, I get it, you want drama, fine, here" :lol

Everyone here who hasnt started watching Super yet, now is most definitely the time. Oh, while we are on the subject; who do we think the green supreme Kai is? Im thinking he/she is like Demigra from Xeno, a "Makaioshin" or evil Kaioshin from the demon realm. He/she is likely the one behind Black Goku (who does indeed have only one Potara) since he/she has white hair (callback to Toriyamas statement saying the next villain has white hair).

Unless he's getting a redesign, Demigra has red hair and has been depicted as so within DB Heroes and Xenoverse.

Fellow demons Towa and Mira have white hair though and they are thought to be the main villains throughout Xenoverse until Demigra shows up. Towa is also depicted as Dabura's sister in DB heroes. It's possible they're crossing over into canon now.

It's possible they'll be the "main" villains until Demigra is revealed to be disguised as Black Goku or is exerting some sort of control on him.

@FuzG oh **** I thought that was a funi dub, but I just read funimation hasn't even been contacted yer. God DAMMIT nappa.

Okay well at least I dont have to regret watching it in japanese then. I'm not gonna watch yet ANOTHER english voice cast for this show. It's funi, ocean or (lol) TFS' cast or bust for me.

Broly is 'big'. :lol

He wasn't at the event though so I'm guessing it was Godzilla.

So as far as categorizing DBS into sagas like DBZ had, is it fair to call them: Battle of Gods/Beerus Saga, Golden Frieza Saga, Universe 6/Champa Saga, and now we're entering the Black Goku Saga?

Dragon Ball Wiki has the Sagas listed as Battle of Gods, Resurrection F, Universe 6, Monaka, and Future Trunks.

ep 47 spoiler
Spoiler Spoiler:

And yeah, the hair is really weird... but at least he's still taller. Maybe they'll say his hair changes color when he's out of adolescence?

Also interesting to see vegeta be ssb in his android outfit.

I like the blue hair better cause it shows the matriarchal connection between him and Bulma (granted her hair has also been a greenish teal but it's always leaned towards blue) but this is a little silly given that Trunks has been consistently portrayed with light purple hair. And his bean-bowl haircut has always been drawn similar to Bulma's hair with lots of line work.

Naturally, your hair does darken as you get older so it's not far-fetched to say his light purple hair darkened to blue! :rotfl oh well....

Kind of funny that none of Vegeta's children look like him but both of Goku's sons look like him. One of them was essentially mini-Goku for a while.

They also need to bring Tarble back. History between him and Vegeta would be an interesting storyline...

Is Tarble even canon anymore? He was briefly mentioned in Battle of Gods, but not at all in Super

Dragon Ball Wiki has the Sagas listed as Battle of Gods, Resurrection F, Universe 6, Monaka, and Future Trunks.

Ehh, those Monaka episodes are more like filler nonsense than an actual "saga"

Oh sweet, DB is serious again? I only watched the 1st episode and while I did enjoy it, it had the light hearted tone the recent films had.

I like my DragonBall hardcore like DBZ back in the day!

Btw folks, heres a review of bootleg awakening Goku!

Spoiler Spoiler:

It's interesting to see it fall apart just to get an idea of how he's put together.

Luckily companies like this aren't very innovative and don't try something new or different such as changing the eye pattern of the faces. Having a Super Warrior Awakening Goku head with his eyes looking off to the (his) left side would be ideal.

Is Tarble even canon anymore? He was briefly mentioned in Battle of Gods, but not at all in Super

Ehh, those Monaka episodes are more like filler nonsense than an actual "saga"

He's still considered canon. (Isn't that Goku and Friends special still considered canon? I'm surprised they didn't show that as the 1st episode of Super or something.)

That's what I was thinking too but I've noticed quite a few consider it filler. It may change later though.

The Tokyo Toyshow is officially over and nothing new was shown for either of the Tamashii Nations' Dragon Ball Z Character Categories. Maybe the rumor that they're having trouble signing off on releases due to higher standards is true?

The Tokyo Toyshow is officially over and nothing new was shown for either of the Tamashii Nations' Dragon Ball Z Character Categories. Maybe the rumor that they're having trouble signing off on releases due to higher standards is true?
Damn that sucks. Was this the place where the new figures were shown last year before sdcc or was that another? Because I remember being disappointed by sdcc because the new figures were spoiled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Damn that sucks. Was this the place where the new figures were shown last year before sdcc or will there be another? Because I remember being disappointed by sdcc because the new figures were spoiled.

Yeah, it was for certain releases. It was the 1st time Super Warrior Awakening Goku was shown other than Tamashii Nation's website stock photos and the 1st time for Premium Color Super Saiyan Vegeta and Future Trunks to be revealed.

What's this rumor all about?

What's this rumor all about?

The rumor is that Tamashii Nations is having trouble with their future planned releases being approved because they are not meeting the higher standard requirements that Super Warrior Awakening Goku, Super Saiyan Trunks, and Super (Saiyan) Vegeta have set. There wasn't a lot of information into that but it came along with the rumor of a Premium Color Final Form Frieza and Kid Goku going through upgrades.

Back