S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That cant be real surely? So Toei thinks all figures should be on SWA Goku level? Thats sheer stupidity if true. Toei would essentially be shooting themselves in the foot money-wise.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That cant be real surely? So Toei thinks all figures should be on SWA Goku level? Thats sheer stupidity if true. Toei would essentially be shooting themselves in the foot money-wise.

I don't see how it would be stupidity when Tamashii Nations prides themselves on "Simple style and heroic action, super modeling, and super action." It does come into question when Tamashii Nations is going to implement the same style of upgraded articulation into their future releases rather than a selected few. I do find it interesting that we haven't seen or heard of a newer Goku prototype since Super Warrior Awakening Goku's release in November.

I wasnt meaning stupidity on Tamashiis end. Of course they want to push themselves, but when Toei starts demanding more of the same or even all future figures be the same then we have a problem. (Even) higher prices for us and likely less figures again due to the extended production time needed for these new molds.

I wasnt meaning stupidity on Tamashiis end. Of course they want to push themselves, but when Toei starts demanding more of the same or even all future figures be the same then we have a problem. (Even) higher prices for us and likely less figures again due to the extended production time needed for these new molds.

Tamashii Nations set a precedent for Goku, Trunks, and Vegeta and it may have come to a point where Toei expects Tamashii Nations to uphold that quality for future releases. The problem that creates is dependent on the personal consumer. (Although, with Tamashii Nations, it may all depend on the Japanese consumers.) More releases with lower quality/prices or fewer releases with higher quality/prices.

Personally, I would rather wait a bit longer for upgraded Figuarts Dragonball tech instead of them releasing old style toys. If the newer releases would mean that they'd be on par with how beautiful and highly playable Awakening Goku, Armored Trunks, and the upcoming Vegeta are, then I welcome the extra development time :) Maybe they'll also come up with a way to make Fat Buu highly articulated unlike the disappointment that Figuarts Bowser became (at least in my opinion). I really want Fat Buu, he reminds me of delicious meat buns!

56f919fbb0a6efba3752d56d90a52d7f.jpg

ac6ad4f4aebdde0f82d4d7d457b08ed1.jpg

Let's hope these aren't real

I must have missed that post from Bluefin, but all we have that "confirms" Broly are really low res pictures from some rando.

I guess you could say "confirmed in secrecy" because Bluefin told certain retailers months ago who it was going to be. (Which really made me surprised by the outrage when I thought quite a lot of people knew.) Those low resolution pictures are actual SDCC Exclusives that Bluefin will be selling. TruForce teased a photo of the First Armor MegaMan X, which was shown in those photos, a day or two after they were leaked.

These customizers dont waste no time lol

Oddly enough, I don't see Tamashii Nations going too far off from that.

The rumor is that Tamashii Nations is having trouble with their future planned releases being approved because they are not meeting the higher standard requirements that Super Warrior Awakening Goku, Super Saiyan Trunks, and Super (Saiyan) Vegeta have set. There wasn't a lot of information into that but it came along with the rumor of a Premium Color Final Form Frieza and Kid Goku going through upgrades.

I'm curious how much influence Toei has on determining Bandai's direction and choices with their Tamashii Nations' Dragon Ball lines. I actually assumed it was quite a little but perhaps it's more so than we thought?

Also, if they're rejecting some figures from Tamashii, perhaps it's a good thing. What if Tamashii was trying to push ANOTHER release with the Goku mold? And Toei rejected it because "enough was enough" with the old Goku mold and they wanted to see something new and push Tamashii for the quality we know they're capable of.

There's a lot of gaps with that rumor that we don't know about. But I'd like to hear more if you happen upon it! I don't hold much confidence with this rumor, Bandai has been handling the license rather well and even carried Dragon Ball with product releases even when there was nothing going on (post-DBGT) before bringing them about for the Figuarts line and re-igniting the fire under the Dragon Ball action figure interest.

I'm curious how much influence Toei has on determining Bandai's direction and choices with their Tamashii Nations' Dragon Ball lines. I actually assumed it was quite a little but perhaps it's more so than we thought?

Also, if they're rejecting some figures from Tamashii, perhaps it's a good thing. What if Tamashii was trying to push ANOTHER release with the Goku mold? And Toei rejected it because "enough was enough" with the old Goku mold and they wanted to see something new and push Tamashii for the quality we know they're capable of.

There's a lot of gaps with that rumor that we don't know about. But I'd like to hear more if you happen upon it! I don't hold much confidence with this rumor, Bandai has been handling the license rather well and even carried Dragon Ball with product releases even when there was nothing going on (post-DBGT) before bringing them about for the Figuarts line and re-igniting the fire under the Dragon Ball action figure interest.

I can't see Toei having much influence over Bandai's direction and choices. They only evaluate what Tamashii Nations sets in front of them to sign-off on so they're allowed to go into mass production.

Super Warrior Awakening Goku received a lot of recognition for Tamashii Nations and Bandai. Tamashii Nations has all eyes on them when they reveal 2.0 releases and, to keep that recognition, Bandai may be expect Tamashii Nations to uphold that quality for future releases and ask them to redesign prototypes.

Yeah, it's only a rumor at the moment but the future announcements/releases will determine whether or not there was any weight to this rumor to begin with.

That bootleg sdcc Cell actually looks good. I wish that was the sdcc or just the premium repaint edition. Am I the only one that feels this way?

That bootleg sdcc Cell actually looks good. I wish that was the sdcc or just the premium repaint edition. Am I the only one that feels this way?

I think we'll be getting a PCE Cell soon enough. Everything else from that leak months ago came true. New Trunks, new Vegeta etc. I strongly believe PCE Cell and SS3 Goku will happen. When is the real question.

Some Xenoverse 2 Gameplay looks improved...

New info and new gameplay

Developed to fully utilize the power of current generation gaming consoles and PCs, DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 builds upon the highly popular DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE with enhanced graphics that will further immerse players into the largest and most detailed Dragon Ball world ever developed. DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 will deliver a new hub city and the most character customization choices to date among a multitude of new features and special upgrades. DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 is scheduled to launch in the Americas in 2016.

Relive the Dragon Ball story by time traveling and changing historic moments in the Dragon Ball universe
Next-gen visuals bring the Dragon Ball anime experience to life
New characters and boss fights
Brand new hub city 7X the size of the original game with 300 players online at the same time
More in depth character creation system
Updates and post launch support for up to one year

Back