S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is so cringe-worthy. Not just this post, but the bunch leading up to this one as well. DBS had a terribly animated episode aka the only one people in this thread keep sending screens of. Since then, Toriyama has complained and the quality has improved. Yet you lot compare that one Super episode to some of the BEST DBZ stills as if those stills are the standard of DBZ...

DBZ was known for being horrendously inconsistent due to the varying animation teams but hey, let's be incredibly biased and pretend like every DBS episode looks like that.

View attachment 268901
View attachment 268902
View attachment 268903

Then there's the fact that there are rather great looking DBS stills.

View attachment 268905
View attachment 268906

I'm all for liking or disliking something but at least have a valid reason/be accurate in the portrayal of both. I know the post I'm responding to is kind of old but I don't check here often so it's whatever. And it's not even that I like DBS, I can't even be bothered to catch up right now but a lot of people in here are purposely trying to portray it as much worse than it is so they can have an excuse to hate. I probably won't read the responses this gets but I had to post this.

At this moment i agree with you :) the animation look better now and the story is becoming interesant and yes dbz have his issues, like everything.

yes :) that´s the point. i think we must not buy any other pce if not come with the new articulation because can happen the same thing with pce vegeta.

The problem here is that you're talking to someone who never had the chance to obtain the original release and enjoys the differences. That's the situation for a lot of people and they're happy with it.

If PCE Frieza is a thing, would you guys prefer the shoulder joint made of purple plastic or painted plastic?

@prodigy

you make a good point, however a lot of the criticisms stem from the fact that those DBZ episodes were done in the early 90's. It is now 2016, we shouldn't even have to bring up animation issues as things have progressed significantly since then, esp since Dragon Ball is a multi-million dollar franchise so they can afford to do almost anything. but that's all Toei, and things seem to be back on track

ANY modern anime still has issues. Even the all mighty Naruto has issues in its most recent episodes. People need to chill.

@prodigy

you make a good point, however a lot of the criticisms stem from the fact that those DBZ episodes were done in the early 90's. It is now 2016, we shouldn't even have to bring up animation issues as things have progressed significantly since then, esp since Dragon Ball is a multi-million dollar franchise so they can afford to do almost anything. but that's all Toei, and things seem to be back on track

You are clearly clueless how the anime industry works, its been explained before but tl;Dr tight schedules, lots of deadlines. mistakes happen oh and ****** paycheck with lots of over hours

Give them a break :)
@Blood I cannot wait for you to get your hands on that, get your Woody out!:rotfl

If someone can ship it to me, sure xD

You are clearly clueless how the anime industry works, its been explained before but tl;Dr tight schedules, lots of deadlines. mistakes happen oh and ****** paycheck with lots of over hours

Give them a break :)

No excuses, the animation was looking shot here n there, they got called out on it & now it loox better :lecture

but you're right, I am clueless :lol

Yeah loads of anime have that issue. Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star are pretty notable examples

Outlaw Star even had epodes where the whole aesthetic is completely different

madhouse09459.jpg

g_p-outlaw-star-remastered-03x2648af8967cmkv-00000.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler:

i can already see so many worng pics coming with that stand alone vegeta, in fact it screams wrong all over it if you take it out on context. god damn i need to get my mind out of the gutter

It's not only you. Everybody pretty much had that response when it was revealed. The angles that were shown were to show you how NOT to display it. I'm still excited to get it though. It's a great moment. Separate release is kind of upsetting but expected.

Edited: Really looking forward to the "3rd season" of Dramatic Showcase. Frieza looks spot on...

Spoiler Spoiler:

It's quite possible that Tamashii has dramatically slowed them down or made them refocus their efforts. Frieza is their most recent release and that has been steady for a while. A PCE Frieza will put the cap on that unless Datong gets something out afterwards. Someone like Android 18 or even Krillin could help them.

It's possible but Perfect Cell would have helped them quite a bit. (Not that Datong should be helped.) His aftermarket price is quite high and the demand is there. Datong has had how many months to release him? Something must be going on with them. A brand new sculpt would be pretty cool to see from Datong rather than bootleg copies. Krillin is getting a Premium Color release, it's only a matter of time. Android 18 would sell but I'd like to see a new sculpt from Tamashii for her.

You think they'll make an Imperfect Cell figure? I thought that design was alot more intimidating in the show

Yes, especially now that Super (Saiyan) Vegeta is given a release. Watch it be the Cell release after the Premium Color Perfect Cell.

Who knows, but we def need some form of Majin Boo in our collections before anything else. It's LONG overdue.

Agreed. Any form is welcomed at this point because we'll have a previous release to pair it up with. Figuarts Zero Kid Buu is a good sign for things to come in all character categories. Hopefully Figuarts Zero EX Super Buu and an updated Gotenks/Gohan absorbed Super Buu will be given an early-to-mid 2017 release date

I would love to have Cell's second form, the one with the big butt sucker thing lol :D If they make it, they better include the big butt sucker! :D

Problem. Got the Datong Frieza from Aliexpress. Do they require their sellers to provide replacements?
01750330b7fadcbf65410b71195efda7.jpg

Back