S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see the original frieza getting any better with a PCE version. His colors were perfect imo. Cell can get a darker green shade of course.

I think it's just a way to get around Tamashiis web exclusive policy. I really dont know what they can do with a PC Frieza either. I'm cool with the cell we have now. I suppose that I will be greatful for a more light and brighter shade of green and his eyes being less buggy.

It'll be interesting to see what the Premium Color Final Form Frieza will look like and what accessories will be included. Either way, it's good that it'll give those who don't have him the opportunity.

Datong Frieza looks decent. I've heard some great things about it considering it's a bootleg.

Ha, Goku went through HFIL, huh?

Their definitely taking away his death beam. Just have that feeling. And as for cell.....haha. That beautiful blast effect will be torn away from his Pc release.

I think it's just a way to get around Tamashiis web exclusive policy. I really dont know what they can do with a PC Frieza either. I'm cool with the cell we have now. I suppose that I will be greatful for a more light and brighter shade of green and his eyes being less buggy.

Their definitely taking away his death beam. Just have that feeling. And as for cell.....haha. That beautiful blast effect will be torn away from his Pc release.

I'd be grateful for that Perfect Cell, as well.

They'll be bare boned releases. No effects. Frieza would be lucky if he gets his rock stand.

Everybody should be prepared to see some interesting things at Tokyo Toyfair this weekend. This is from last year's event and there were a few significant reveals *and displays.

I agree. I'm content with the Cell & Freezer we have. Although I've never really been too fond of the idea of a "Premium Color Edition" sub-series to begin with. Rerelease the same character with possibly uglier paintjob & fewer accessories? Meh. Although knowing my ass I'll prolly end up buying them all anyway.

The PCE editions are to help bring more fans into the line and also offer up figures that current fans might've missed out years ago due to Tamashii's stupid self-imposed Web Exclusive rules and don't want to overpay on eBay. It's a great idea and yes, they use them to get around their own Web Exclusive rules.

There is also the added underlying reason that they are trying to finally undercut the bootleg market that has been benefitting from Tamashii's dumb rules. I'm a little surprised by a potential PCE Cell when Tamashii should realistically focus on PCE Frieza and SSJ3 Goku as those two have been the top counterfeit sellers after Vegeta has been taken out of the race. There still is as Scouter Vegeta too.

Tamashii should keep the Web Exclusive sales in-tact, but lift their self-imposed "one release" only sanctions and think about re-releasing web exclusives every once in a while. They have constantly done re-releases or the regular figures to much success, why not do it with the Web ones and avoid the PCE stuff?

Tamashii is between a rock and a hard place; they remove the once only limit and suddenly you get the "full of themselves" type of collector suddenly up in arms because their exclusive figure isnt as rare anymore. Thats why Tamashii is using the PCE releases to both appease those collectors and new would-be buyers.

I personally think its BS. I have all but one figure (vomit Vegeta) and I honestly wouldnt care even if they reissued sdcc 2011 Goku! Im not in this for their "monetary value" im in this line for their value to ME.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Got Armored Trunks a week ago, and must say that It's a solid figure, however (and as usual ) i've found some issues or small details which I wasn't very pleassed

First off, That awfull and bothersome black shading mess on the pelvic area :monkey4.. Ended up removing that black paint, and repainting that zone (central piece and movable sidepieces) with a dullcote lacqueur.. Looks way better, consistent, and more approached to the prototype of the box now! :lecture

Also repainted those "nonexistent lines" of the brown panels, shoulder straps and shoe toe with a darker brown painting.. yup, they're becoming too lazy with painting. .By the way, there's a very noticiable white bleeding issue at the shoulders straps,.(Fortunately this time, haven't found this issue in gloves) and from what I've seen, it's a common issue in all Trunks figures :(

Joints are nice, except his left bicep joint, well, to be honest both biceps are quite loose, but the left arm comes out too easily. Other than that, no more issues or concerns so far

I don't see the original frieza getting any better with a PCE version. His colors were perfect imo. Cell can get a darker green shade of course.

I would imagine they'd do Frieza with the purple parts in a solid shade rather than metallic.

It'll be interesting to see what the Premium Color Final Form Frieza will look like and what accessories will be included. Either way, it's good that it'll give those who don't have him the opportunity.

Datong Frieza looks decent. I've heard some great things about it considering it's a bootleg.

Ha, Goku went through HFIL, huh?

Some greenish hue like the DOD figure would be awesome. That's what I plan on doing if I can get cheap Datong figure

Got Armored Trunks a week ago, and must say that It's a solid figure, however (and as usual ) i've found some issues or small details which I wasn't very pleassed

First off, That awfull and bothersome black shading mess on the pelvic area :monkey4.. Ended up removing that black paint, and repainting that zone (central piece and movable sidepieces) with a dullcote lacqueur.. Looks way better, consistent, and more approached to the prototype of the box now! :lecture

Also repainted those "nonexistent lines" of the brown panels, shoulder straps and shoe toe with a darker brown painting.. yup, they're becoming too lazy with painting. .By the way, there's a very noticiable white bleeding issue at the shoulders straps,.(Fortunately this time, haven't found this issue in gloves) and from what I've seen, it's a common issue in all Trunks figures :(

Joints are nice, except his left bicep joint, well, to be honest both biceps are quite loose, but the left arm comes out too easily. Other than that, no more issues or concerns so far

What if... The PCE future trunks comes with a lined armor and glossed white parts; just like PCE vegeta :lol

The PCE editions are to help bring more fans into the line and also offer up figures that current fans might've missed out years ago due to Tamashii's stupid self-imposed Web Exclusive rules and don't want to overpay on eBay. It's a great idea and yes, they use them to get around their own Web Exclusive rules.

There is also the added underlying reason that they are trying to finally undercut the bootleg market that has been benefitting from Tamashii's dumb rules. I'm a little surprised by a potential PCE Cell when Tamashii should realistically focus on PCE Frieza and SSJ3 Goku as those two have been the top counterfeit sellers after Vegeta has been taken out of the race. There still is as Scouter Vegeta too.

Tamashii should keep the Web Exclusive sales in-tact, but lift their self-imposed "one release" only sanctions and think about re-releasing web exclusives every once in a while. They have constantly done re-releases or the regular figures to much success, why not do it with the Web ones and avoid the PCE stuff?

Does Datong even exist anymore or have they been completely shut down? They were Tamashii's biggest "threat" in regards to bootlegs but they haven't released anything since Final Form Frieza. Edited: Perfect Cell was going to be next, as well.

Some greenish hue like the DOD figure would be awesome. That's what I plan on doing if I can get cheap Datong figure

A greenish hue for Final Form Frieza? I don't think I've seen or noticed that before on the D.o.D.

This:

DOD-Frieza.jpg

I've seen it in hand, the paint app is really good.

Oh wow, I never noticed that on the D.o.D. Final Form Frieza. It actually looks pretty good for a Namek/Frieza saga Final Form Frieza.

Edited: I have the D.o.D. Golden Frieza and it's magnificently well done.

13413136_597196127111378_8635910539298971952_n.jpg

13419112_597196090444715_7256844517355618503_n.png

i can already see so many worng pics coming with that stand alone vegeta, in fact it screams wrong all over it if you take it out on context. god damn i need to get my mind out of the gutter

Does Datong even exist anymore or have they been completely shut down? They were Tamashii's biggest "threat" in regards to bootlegs but they haven't released anything since Final Form Frieza. Edited: Perfect Cell was going to be next, as well.

A greenish hue for Final Form Frieza? I don't think I've seen or noticed that before on the D.o.D.

It's quite possible that Tamashii has dramatically slowed them down or made them refocus their efforts. Frieza is their most recent release and that has been steady for a while. A PCE Frieza will put the cap on that unless Datong gets something out afterwards. Someone like Android 18 or even Krillin could help them.

until now, what i have to say about DBS is....

View attachment 203142

This is so cringe-worthy. Not just this post, but the bunch leading up to this one as well. DBS had a terribly animated episode aka the only one people in this thread keep sending screens of. Since then, Toriyama has complained and the quality has improved. Yet you lot compare that one Super episode to some of the BEST DBZ stills as if those stills are the standard of DBZ...

DBZ was known for being horrendously inconsistent due to the varying animation teams but hey, let's be incredibly biased and pretend like every DBS episode looks like that.

dbz 1.jpg
dbz 2.jpg
dbz 3.jpg

Then there's the fact that there are rather great looking DBS stills.

dbs 1.jpg
dbs 2.jpg

I'm all for liking or disliking something but at least have a valid reason/be accurate in the portrayal of both. I know the post I'm responding to is kind of old but I don't check here often so it's whatever. And it's not even that I like DBS, I can't even be bothered to catch up right now but a lot of people in here are purposely trying to portray it as much worse than it is so they can have an excuse to hate. I probably won't read the responses this gets but I had to post this.

Back