S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!
I mean, I love the box but that was the one effing thing that they seemed to be consistent on until SWA Goku and now Beerus, the box design.
View attachment 250128
Well I guess Gold Frieza, 16, Cell and Broly weren't consistent because of the size of the box, but the art was the same.

I've never seen the boxes lined up like that. Looks pretty great!

Sent from Korin's Tower.

It's too early to say that definitively since they could've just used the old style boxes simply because the PC's are only repaints, not because they're web ex. Like Bee Vee said, the real answer will come when Whis's box is shown.

Edit: Personally I think all future releases will have this style whether they're web ex or not, unless they're PC's which need to mirror the OG's both in sculpt and box style.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

It's too early to say that definitively since they could've just used the old style boxes simply because the PC's are only repaints, not because they're web ex. Like Bee Vee said, the real answer will come when Whis's box is shown.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

I'm just saying that it makes sense so far. We'll see which Whis' box though.

Sent from Korin's Tower.

I hope that the prototype of this image will be as close as possible to the final product cuz it has a matte finish:

083426vy09l8v029otsv8l.jpg

Source: Toysdaily.

Very off topic but does anyone have a link to a one piece thread?

Unlock your inner Z fighter

Beerus will have a matte finish I think, and I bet vegeta wont have metallic hair. I don't like the new box design either. I was particularly fond of tamashiis boxes. Even though im not a misb collecter, the two different sides each had display worthy sides, so a row of hm formed a cool character summary. Not anymore I guess. But I wont be buying many new ones anyway. I bet I'll barely end up with five of those new boxes.

Beerus is such a cool design, too bad dbs has become a parody of the franchise. I feel like TFS wouldn't even know what to do with it. Maybe they can do the opposite and somehow make dbs seriously awesome.XD Would be doable with an entirely new dub. Cut out all the food nonsense and redub a new background story in there.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta is from the Dragon Ball Heroes and has nothing to do with Dragon Ball Super. I believe the majority of Saiyans have transformed into Super Saiyan 3 in the video game.

I think Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan will be the definitive transformation for the foreseeable future. As we've discussed, the series is heavily focus on god ki/gods*. I actually prefer the natural way Vegeta used to harness the power rather than the Super Saiyan God ritual...so I'm going to choose to ignore the latter. :lol

Bulma's artistic style with a more appealing look could be due to fan service. It's an interest among anime/manga/comic book and etc. fans in general. It'd be very ignorant to believe that it's due to the culture of a specific country. American Comic book characters, specifically women superheroes, are subject to quite a lot of fan service.

I'm growing attached to the designs of Dragon Ball Super. It's taking awhile to grow accustom to them but, when I witness them in action, I'm really enjoying them.

Golden Frieza was a very "If you can't beat them, join them" type of resolution. At least that's how I viewed it. If the Saiyans want to be "golden monkeys," then Frieza will be...well, Golden Frieza. I don't believe Toriyama designed Cooler's final transformation so it wouldn't necessarily be the next logical evolution if the creator didn't come up with it.

I do agree about Beerus' character focus on food lacking interest. I feel it makes him very childish and impetuous but I'm hoping that will lead to his downfall by the hands of Vegeta. I'm hoping these first few seasons are leading up towards an expansion of the gods. I think they could do really interesting story telling if they develop that further.

A few lines from the recent Forbes article.

“Eventually the idea is that we do want to do a Tamashii Nations event in the US.”

“In terms of our biggest brand in the US, that would be Dragon Ball. If we look at our data, our Dragon Ball products are selling more than most of our Western licenses. In terms of overall sales, Dragon Ball is definitely our biggest seller.”

We also do big surveys at all our events, in some ways that’s one of the primary reasons we do the events. That way we can ask people what S.H. Figuarts do you want next."

“The big thing here is how we are merging the creative back end into the distribution, so you have these impressive displays of figures. That’s new and we’re bringing this feedback back to the Tamashii Nations team here at Bandai, so they can have that dialog with the retailers, allowing them to pitch items that will work for those outlets. Obviously, those retailers know their customers better than anyone else, so that insight is really key.”

“So while I can’t say anything now, in the future we have some very impressive US trending licenses being included in the S.H. Figuarts series."

“I can’t say much now but there will be big announcements coming up.”

"There are new series driving new toys as well. We also help with the co-production of that too, not to mention with the new Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya anime.”

A Tamashii Nations in the United States would be fantastic. I imagine it would be easier for them to have it in California but I'd be more than glad to attend the convention. Tamashii would really have to create a memorable display and experience of the United States/Western licenses. I would love to have witnessed the "Goku" display at the 2015 Tamashii Nations. It would be the closest I got to Super Saiyan 4 Goku.

Surveys need to be handled better. There's currently a survey on the Tamashii Nations website that allows for feedback but it doesn't necessarily have to be from consumers. Anybody can take part in the survey. Tamashii needs to create a system where each product has a specific ID number and the consumer types that number to access the survey and give feedback. This would allow Tamashii to have a better connection with the market and gain stronger, reliable data. If Tamashii doesn't want to spend their time developing that "hands-on" approach system, maybe that task could be handed over to Bluefin. Bluefin goes to quite a few United States conventions where they have the opportunity to gain feedback and send the data to Tamashii. They should look into that as an option.

Adam Newman stated that Tamashii will have a very strong DC presence at SDCC which I'm very much looking forward to. I'd like to see what else they have waiting to be revealed.

Too bad the information from the past 3 - 4 convention surveys aren't accessible. They ask the surveyor what lines they would be interested in if Tamashii were to get them.

I hope that the prototype of this image will be as close as possible to the final product cuz it has a matte finish:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Source: Toysdaily.

I'm sure it will be. The product in the packaging hints that this is a very recent prototype. I remember an Android 16 prototype was shown with the numbers on his chest and the packaging in a display before his release as well and the final product was similar.

I haven't seen photos of Beerus in the Akiba Showroom lately. Usually they display products that are very near release.

TAGHobby posted an image of the Whis prototype we've seen from a recent event and attached a price along with it.

I think that might slowly be a step towards confirming that Whis will likely be the next release after Trunks.

TAGHobby posted an image of the Whis prototype we've seen from a recent event and attached a price along with it.

I think that might slowly be a step towards confirming that Whis will likely be the next release after Trunks.

Shonen Jump listed Whis on their calendar for an August release back on the 1st of the month. Everything that's been listed on Shonen Jump's calendar has been announced by Tamashii Nations shortly after. Probably once Beerus is released in the Asian market, Tamashii Nations will add photos and announce the release.

Shonen Jump listed Whis on their calendar for an August release back on the 1st of the month. Everything that's been listed on Shonen Jump's calendar has been announced by Tamashii Nations shortly after. Probably once Beerus is released in the Asian market, Tamashii Nations will add photos and announce the release.

Angelo where I can see that Calendar? Thanks

Please play nice, Freaks.

Do NOT bypass the language filter. It's against the board rules.

If you have not familiarized yourself with the boards Code of Conduct, then I suggest you do so before you get infracted or banned.

Community forums are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating in these forums. Remember, that your opinion is not a fact and repeating the same criticism over and over again is unlikely to change anyone else’s mind. Think about how your post comes across to readers and be mindful of how you’d like others to respond before you post. The guidelines and rules listed below explain what behavior is expected of you and what behavior you can expect from other community members. Note that the following guidelines are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behavior. As such, the forum moderators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate. Your access to these forums is a "privilege," and not a "right." Sideshowcollectors.com reserves the right to suspend your access to these forums at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by this code.

Profanity
We have users of all age groups and of all tolerance levels where profanity is concerned. A language filter is in place to catch most major forms of profanity that may accidentally be used. Do not attempt to circumvent the language filter by using variations or slight misspellings of profanities.

Thread cleaned.

A few lines from the recent Forbes article.

“Eventually the idea is that we do want to do a Tamashii Nations event in the US.”

“In terms of our biggest brand in the US, that would be Dragon Ball. If we look at our data, our Dragon Ball products are selling more than most of our Western licenses. In terms of overall sales, Dragon Ball is definitely our biggest seller.”

We also do big surveys at all our events, in some ways that’s one of the primary reasons we do the events. That way we can ask people what S.H. Figuarts do you want next."

“The big thing here is how we are merging the creative back end into the distribution, so you have these impressive displays of figures. That’s new and we’re bringing this feedback back to the Tamashii Nations team here at Bandai, so they can have that dialog with the retailers, allowing them to pitch items that will work for those outlets. Obviously, those retailers know their customers better than anyone else, so that insight is really key.”

“So while I can’t say anything now, in the future we have some very impressive US trending licenses being included in the S.H. Figuarts series."

“I can’t say much now but there will be big announcements coming up.”

"There are new series driving new toys as well. We also help with the co-production of that too, not to mention with the new Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya anime.”

Thank you for this, gives us hope for our dream figures

Thanks prodigy for mentioning about can of beams, never heard of them and when I searched them up, man oh man does the Kamehameha effect completely obliterates cells Kamehameha

Thanks prodigy for mentioning about can of beams, never heard of them and when I searchget them up, man oh man does the Kamehameha effect completely obliterates cells Kamehameha

They are amazing. I got the yellow blue and purple ones. The problem is that they are a little pricey and very hard to get a hold of. When he posts them for sale they usually sell out in minutes.

Wait what happened? I thought this was about RkenshinK but the posts around that are still here

Back