S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^thoze are the only poses you COULD do with Whis :lol

I understand he doesn't do much else, but for a company that prides itself on dynamic poses & super articulation, Whis isn't the ideal character that fits that criteria. Meanwhile more worthy characters that DO fit that criteria, are consistently being shafted, in favor of Whis who doesn't do ****. that's why it's kinda like a "wtf" release

I understand he doesn't do much else, but for a company that prides itself on dynamic poses & super articulation, Whis isn't the ideal character that fits that criteria. Meanwhile more worthy characters that DO fit that criteria, are consistently being shafted, in favor of Whis who doesn't do ****. that's why it's kinda like a "wtf" release

Of all the arguments against Super characters, which are mostly complaining that people don't particularly like Super, this one is by far the best argument I've seen for doing older releases instead.

Whis does NOT look like he has much articulation at all, and from Figuarts' attempt at him, I almost would rather a dynamically posed statue. :(

Not only Whis, but everything Dragon Ball Super?

Yes Angelo, to me, DBS is worst than DBGT, so is a S$%7 that never should exist. For that reason i not buy ssgss goku vegeta beerus wish and all that F#$ing S$#%t. Give me Final Form Cooler. 100% Freezer! Give me Yajirobe from GT!! i prefer that! give me Yamcha from DB! Everything but DBS No!

Yes Angelo, to me, DBS is worst than DBGT, so is a S$%7 that never should exist. For that reason i not buy ssgss goku vegeta beerus wish and all that F#$ing S$#%t. Give me Final Form Cooler. 100% Freezer! Give me Yajirobe from GT!! i prefer that! give me Yamcha from DB! Everything but DBS No!

What don't you like about it?

All he did was break intergalactic law by turning back time...... Saving Vegeta, billions of lives, and the plant earth.

Unlock your inner Z fighter

All he did was break intergalactic law by turning back time...... Saving Vegeta, billions of lives, and the plant earth.

you know what i mean dude lol. but Story-wise there's no consequences to that. it's frowned upon & that's it

The one thing I love about Super is how evenly matched Goku and Vegeta are. Hell, Vegeta may even be stronger at this point. It's nice to see my boy in the limelight even if it's just for a little bit cuz we all know that ****'s not gonna last.

We can add Whis along with Elder Kai and the dragon balls.

All Elder Kai did was unlock Gohan's full potential..... Turning him into a complete badass.

(I'm just joking around)

But yay, it seems like characters like them are only there for comedy. Which is cool but it would be nice if they had more development.

The one thing I love about Super is how evenly matched Goku and Vegeta are. Hell, Vegeta may even be stronger at this point. It's nice to see my boy in the limelight even if it's just for a little bit cuz we all know that ****'s not gonna last.

Super is definitely in Vegeta's favor once he was able to achieve god ki without having to take part in the ritual. (Which is something I absolutely did not care for in Battle of Gods.)

All Elder Kai did was unlock Gohan's full potential..... Turning him into a complete badass.

(I'm just joking around)

But yay, it seems like characters like them are only there for comedy. Which is cool but it would be nice if they had more development.

Elder Kai also brought Goku back to life though, didn't he?

Damn right! :hi5: Give our princely-ness some spotlight!

Also Angelo, you are correct about Old Kai.

Super is definitely in Vegeta's favor once he was able to achieve god ki without having to take part in the ritual. (Which is something I absolutely did not care for in Battle of Gods.)

Elder Kai also brought Goku back to life though, didn't he?

Even though they stole his long awaited kill in RoF (I will never forgive them for that), I gotta agree 100%. He's definitely getting more love overall and the fact that he attained god ki simply by training is so badass. Even Goku couldn't do that and Vegeta must feel proud af for accomplishing something like that.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

I wonder if we'll see in Super how Vegeta achieved the god ki, like a flashback similar to him becoming a super saiyan

Even though they stole his long awaited kill in RoF (I will never forgive them for that), I gotta agree 100%. He's definitely getting more love overall and the fact that he attained god ki simply by training is so badass. Even Goku couldn't do that and Vegeta must feel proud af for accomplishing something like that.

The long awaited kill is going to be Vegeta killing Beerus once they've established that Beerus was the one who suggested Planet Vegeta destroyed. I really want that to happen and I'm hoping that is why they're setting Vegeta up as the more powerful of him and Goku. I'm into the whole "god mode" now and think it would be cool to see Vegeta as the God of Destruction and Goku as the God of Resurrection. Even if they relinquish those titles further down the line but I think that would create some interesting story telling.

To be fair, Goku wasn't able to accomplish that on his own because he was put on the spot by Beerus wanting to destroy Earth. It was great to see Vegeta accomplish it in a more natural way though.

Despite Vegeta's abiltity to do that on his own, Goku will always be stronger than him no matter what, and therein lies the problem

Despite Vegeta's abiltity to do that on his own, Goku will always be stronger than him no matter what, and therein lies the problem

Power is irrelevant when you don't achieve it on your own. That's been a key component and foundation for Goku's character and Battle of Gods took that away. So no matter how much more powerful Goku becomes, he will always envy Vegeta for achieving the power on his own.

I don't think Goku will always be stronger than Vegeta now; though it's hard to pinpoint exactly how equal they are, I think the gap has closed quite a bit in Super. Vegeta has always been a better tactician (when he's not letting androids get absorbed :lol), and a genius when it comes to fighting.

In DBZ, Goku always trained to get stronger to protect his friends and comrades, which I believe may have put him a few steps ahead of Vegeta since his intentions were always pure and he had no personal grudge against him so he could focus more. Vegeta on the other hand would strive to be stronger simply to surpass Goku and get a one-up on him, an obsession which I feel blinded and prevented him from reaching his true potential. When you fight to protect something you love and hold dear to you, the hunger to become stronger comes natural. Doing so out of obsession will only get you so far and Vegeta has changed that now I feel.

Goku if anything is starting to regress as a character, while Vegeta is growing and improving. Goku's always been a bit of a dumb ass and that's one of the qualities that makes him so lovable - it's just that they've made him so dumb now it's almost like he's become the TFS version of himself dumb. I mean having to be told by by someone else (Vegeta) that his opponent (G Freeza) is running out of ki, yet on Namek he was able to spot that weakness with Freeza with no problem as a SSJ.

I'm surprised Goku even passed the test in the tournament to be honest. :lol

You guys are buggin. You're applying logic to an illogical situation(s). goku's foundation has always been "i'm the strongest & no one will ever be stronger than me." There's been a few arguments otherwise, but that's pretty much how it will always end. It doesn't matter what Vegeta does, because Goku will inherintly always be beyond him no matter what he accomplishes, story or otherwise

I don't think Goku will always be stronger than Vegeta now; though it's hard to pinpoint exactly how equal they are, I think the gap has closed quite a bit in Super. Vegeta has always been a better tactician (when he's not letting androids get absorbed :lol), and a genius when it comes to fighting.

In DBZ, Goku always trained to get stronger to protect his friends and comrades, which I believe may have put him a few steps ahead of Vegeta since his intentions were always pure and he had no personal grudge against him so he could focus more. Vegeta on the other hand would strive to be stronger simply to surpass Goku and get a one-up on him, an obsession which I feel blinded and prevented him from reaching his true potential. When you fight to protect something you love and hold dear to you, the hunger to become stronger comes natural. Doing so out of obsession will only get you so far and Vegeta has changed that now I feel.

Goku if anything is starting to regress as a character, while Vegeta is growing and improving. Goku's always been a bit of a dumb ass and that's one of the qualities that makes him so lovable - it's just that they've made him so dumb now it's almost like he's become the TFS version of himself dumb. I mean having to be told by by someone else (Vegeta) that his opponent (G Freeza) is running out of ki, yet on Namek he was able to spot that weakness with Freeza with no problem as a SSJ.

I'm surprised Goku even passed the test in the tournament to be honest. :lol

I never saw it that way. While his loved ones are inspiration for him to succeed in his fights, they aren't the purpose for his training to become stronger. Goku enjoys fighting. Whether his opponent is at a lower, similar, or higher level than him. He fights to test his limits and push himself further.

Vegeta's purpose to become stronger is so that he can surpass Goku. Vegeta created and loves a family of his own but that's not the purpose for him to become stronger either.

Is that from Super? Goku knew that Golden Frieza's power was weakening due to his transformation in the Resurrection F movie.

Edited:
You guys are buggin. You're applying logic to an illogical situation(s). goku's foundation has always been "i'm the strongest & no one will ever be stronger than me." There's been a few arguments otherwise, but that's pretty much how it will always end. It doesn't matter what Vegeta does, because Goku will inherintly always be beyond him no matter what he accomplishes, story or otherwise

There's a difference between what his foundation is and how it ends up being written at the end. You are correct that, a majority of the time, it is written in the end that he is the strongest. That's not his foundation though. As I wrote in my above response, Goku's foundation/purpose is to test his limits and push himself further.

He doesn't always end up as the strongest in certain battles. Goku knew that he couldn't defeat Perfect Cell so he gave the honor to Gohan because he had the potential to surpass all of them.

Also, Goku didn't destroy Majin Buu because he felt that, since he was dead, Goten and Trunks needed to step up and become Earth's protectors. So while he may have been the strongest, he knew it was irrelevant to defeat the opponent because he could not act as Earth's protector while he's dead.

Back