S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I came here to see if you guys would be blowin a gasket about the new review on Vegeta and wasn't disappointed. I'm right there with ya.
On a side note: Is anyone else here feeling like they just refuse to use the normal stern face on SWA Goku due to the left eye being off? Or is that just me?

@crisis, is that other Vegeta figure you posted scaled with the SHF line? I don't like the shape of the body much but it seems overall much better than the SHF version. I can't get over the shiny hair and green plates. They dropped the ball on both Goku and Vegeta here. I wonder why? What do you guys think this means for the quality of future releases at this point? Seems like they may be churning these out too quickly or something. Pretty large drop in quality.

@crisis, is that other Vegeta figure you posted scaled with the SHF line? I don't like the shape of the body much but it seems overall much better than the SHF version. I can't get over the shiny hair and green plates. They dropped the ball on both Goku and Vegeta here. I wonder why? What do you guys think this means for the quality of future releases at this point? Seems like they may be churning these out too quickly or something. Pretty large drop in quality.

They're not in scale with SHF. They're like half or 1/3 of the figuarts.

I've been able to obtain every single figuarts up to this point beside the MX version. With constant inconsistency in quality and crap release, I may have to do what MiPacs is doing and only keep the ones I like most.

Prototype review by DAM.

lFCFnn.gif

That was my reaction to seeing the hair paint application. I want Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta's hair to have the exact same paint application as Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku's. Why is that so difficult to want. :gah:

I'm holding out as much hope as I can for the final product because that is a horrible prototype.

lFCFnn.gif

That was my reaction to seeing the hair paint application. I want Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta's hair to have the exact same paint application as Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku's. Why is that so difficult to want. :gah:

I'm holding out as much hope as I can for the final product because that is a horrible prototype.

I agree. I saw the hair and said out loud "****". They did say it was a straight proto though, which is why there was no box in the review.

I agree. I saw the hair and said out loud "****". They did say it was a straight proto though, which is why there was no box in the review.

Yeah, I was livid when I first saw that. I was hoping it was a prototype because, as you mentioned, I noticed that there wasn't a box in the review. (Edited: Well that and it was just a horrible figure. :lol) Similar to Beerus. There's usually a Behind da Box of their Out of da Box videos but I don't think they've put it up yet. Maybe more information will be revealed in there.

I'm hoping it is just some early prototype. That said, watch as how Tamashii advertises Vegeta as being anime colors, and Goku and Golden Freiza as RoF/movie colors :lol hence the inconsistent hair!

Yeah, I was livid when I first saw that. I was hoping it was a prototype because, as you mentioned, I noticed that there wasn't a box in the review. (Edited: Well that and it was just a horrible figure. :lol) Similar to Beerus. There's usually a Behind da Box of their Out of da Box videos but I don't think they've put it up yet. Maybe more information will be revealed in there.

They say in Spanish "para aclarar es un prototipo sin empaque" which directly translates to "to clarify, this is a protype without a box". Small glimmer of hope, haha.

I can't see how it wouldn't be a prototype. Everything about it seems too careless. This photo was from the Akiba Showroom awhile ago but I feel this is the most recent stage of the product...

Spoiler Spoiler:

All Tamashii needs to do is take away the gloss and apply a matte coating. Then I believe it would be perfect for the mold they're using.

They say in Spanish "para aclarar es un prototipo sin empaque" which directly translates to "to clarify, this is a protype without a box". Small glimmer of hope, haha.

Hey, I'll take it! :yess:

I can't see how it wouldn't be a prototype. Everything about it seems too careless. This photo was from the Akiba Showroom awhile ago but I feel this is the most recent stage of the product...

All Tamashii needs to do is take away the gloss and apply a matte coating. Then I believe it would be perfect for the mold they're using.

Hey, I'll take it! :yess:

That's my biggest gripe about the figure. I've accepted the use of the old hair mold, non-inclusion of a normal head, and even leaving us with the awkward folded arms look. Even though all of those problems could've EASILY been remedied, there's no excuse for the inconsistent hair paint. My minor OCD is gonna kill me when I have to pose both SSGSS's together and they both have completely different finishes and paint apps.

See, that looks much better. The better hair coloring and armor coloring really changes the look of the overall figure to me. Though the blue is not the pale shade I like most, it's certainly not bad. Better than SSGSS Goku's color choice in my opinion. Still hoping for the next Vegeta release to get a new hair sculpt and I'm not even a "Vegeta fan."

They're not in scale with SHF. They're like half or 1/3 of the figuarts.

I've been able to obtain every single figuarts up to this point beside the MX version. With constant inconsistency in quality and crap release, I may have to do what MiPacs is doing and only keep the ones I like most.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :gah:

I'm already using the spare head on the PC body so there's that. It just sucks that at this point if we want a normal head for Vegeta we have to get another Scouter Vegeta or have to buy a bootleg.

Like prodigy said, I already have my spare vegeta head on the recently new pc vegeta body, I'm guessing I'm going to have to buy an additional scouter vegeta for the additional head on the ssgss body and use the extra scouter vegeta posing the "over 9000" stance

Untitled.jpg

lol just bustin you guys balls :duff i'm currently not using my spare Scouter Vegeta head for anything so that's why I don't mind as much, but i understand

For the people complaining about the green on the armor, it's "supposed" to be the color influence the blue aura SSGSS has on the yellow armor (blue+yellow=green)img-ssgss-vegeta-vs-golden-frieza-875.jpg

However they overdid it a bit. Maybe that's their excuse for not including a normal head, haha. Yet another strange design decision by tamashii.

Did anyone notice how in that Out of da Box video for Beerus a few months back, that version had shiny finish on the skin, and the one shown at the recent toy fair looked like it had a matte finish? Final last minute changes or did they show off the older prototype?

I think most preferred the matte finish...

That reviewer seems just as pissed as we are! He mentions the lack of the normal head, lack of updated sculpt, and says that he's overall the same damn thing just with a few minor differences. Even mentions that the faceplates are just repaints. Tamashii really doesn't like Vegeta do they?

For the people complaining about the green on the armor, it's "supposed" to be the color influence the blue aura SSGSS has on the yellow armor (blue+yellow=green)View attachment 249026

However they overdid it a bit. Maybe that's their excuse for not including a normal head, haha. Yet another strange design decision by tamashii.

The bottom line is if they are going for the aura-influenced colors, be consistent. For instance, SS Goku's aura-influenced clothes are more yellow while no aura is a darker orange. Aura-influenced SSGSS hair is a brighter, paler blue yet they went with dark blue on both Goku and Vegeta. The color of the fabric also doesn't match. This is not a well-designed figure the way it is now.

Or maybe they just really are that desperate to get on the Super hype train...the body really looks barely different from the SSJ mold at this point

I am now very concerned for SSJ3 Vegeta

Back